Brian Johnson Eagles QB coach getting some buzz

TigerHorn

This isn't just fan rumors, the pay sites have said Cohen interviewed him a while ago and he was extremely impressive. He is part of the Moo State tree as well, but has connections with a wide array of coaches. Is he my first, second, or even fifth pick? No, but don't discount his potential just because he's young and has no HC experience. There have been successful teams to hire assistants before.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

There seems to be a vibe he has been #1 the whole time. 

Johnson has? Marcello said he has no idea where people are getting Brian Johnson from. I know he has a connection to Cohen but is that it? I admit I haven't looked into his bio yet.

Yep I heard from my source at MSU that he contacted Cohen and is very interested.  I don’t know timelines  or his contract with the Eagles may be in question.  

Edited by AUY2K

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

This isn't just fan rumors, the pay sites have said Cohen interviewed him a while ago and he was extremely impressive. He is part of the Moo State tree as well, but has connections with a wide array of coaches. Is he my first, second, or even fifth pick? No, but don't discount his potential just because he's young and has no HC experience. There have been successful teams to hire assistants before.

And according to Marcelo BJ isn’t a serious candidate so either it’s another smokescreen or Marcelo is lying

• Like 1

Well, his QB Jalen Hurts will be playing the Packers tonight on NBC Sunday Night Football. Jalen Hurts has learned under some pretty good QB whisperers; Kiffin, Sarkisian, Lincoln Riley, Doug Pederson and this Brian Johnson guy. 

I wonder if Johnson is hired then Carnell is retained as associate HC. Carnell / Ike / Ethridge run things at Auburn until Johnson can finish the season with Eagles - depending on his contract?  Kind of messy but this might be a viable solution without spending 10+ million on a coach.

NFL Quarterbacks Johnson 

NFL Running Backs Williams 

NFL Wide Receivers Hilliard

NFL OL Simmons 

Edited by AUY2K
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Interesting side note. I mentioned Kyle Whittingham(no inside info) as a possible replacement at Auburn in another thread. I also mentioned Whittingham to another person and he asked if Whittingham was the coach when Utah beat bama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. I had no clue. So I looked it up. What I found was that Brian Johnson was the QB on that team.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Interesting side note. I mentioned Kyle Whittingham(no inside info) as a possible replacement at Auburn in another thread. I also mentioned Whittingham to another person and he asked if Whittingham was the coach when Utah beat bama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. I had no clue. So I looked it up. What I found was that Brian Johnson was the QB on that team.   

Brace yourself, now our whole fanbase is going to think we’re only considering him because of that. 😒

• Haha 2

I like the look of the offensive staff if he is hired.  I really like the look of the staff if Deion is hired.  If everyone is retained that’s an impressive NFL experienced staff!!!

Bring on Joe Whitt JR as DC!!!!

Edited by AUY2K

56 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

And according to Marcelo BJ isn’t a serious candidate so either it’s another smokescreen or Marcelo is lying

We are setting a record for the number of smokescreens in a hire

6 hours ago, alexava said:

I realized when Harsin was hired that we( fans)don’t know what the hell is going on. We may not have even spoken to Kiffin or Freeze. They could be leveraging the speculation on a pay raise. 

So what’s the holdup?  IF they haven’t even spoken to Kiffin or Freeze or Rhule or Fickle, etc.  Who’ve they been secretly wooing and why not announce that grand hire?

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

So what’s the holdup?  IF they haven’t even spoken to Kiffin or Freeze or Rhule or Fickle, etc.  Who’ve they been secretly wooing and why not announce that grand hire?

They have probably been told by many coaches they won’t talk until their season is over. Or they are talking to people like harsin who you would never suspect.