Well…

gr82b4au

Pretty sure at this point it will be Freeze. But according to SEC policy they can Hire Freeze but the President at AU must first talk to the Head at the SEC. If they hire him he will be under strict guidance especially in recruiting and player contact and the Pres. Has to give a verbal commitment to that. All in all I think Freeze is the safe bet. He has proven he can recruit and can coach at this level. It may all depend on whether Hugh is ok working under the restrictions that will be required of him. I love Caddy and he is a great coach, but running  a D1 SEC west team is a big deal. If we want a fast return to glory then Hugh is probably the guy. I’m willing to give anyone a chance as long as they come in with the right attitude. Hope it comes with a requirement that Caddy be retained as RB coach ( doubt you can find a better one anyway) and maybe an assistant HC title as well. I believe Hugh would agree to that and that would give sone insurance to the brass at AU and the SEC that rules will be followed. 🤔🦅🦅🦅

18 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I am normally a patient person.  But what the hell have we been doing for the past month?  We should’ve had our guy lined up ready to announce already. I knew Lane was pulling our strings and we just took it.  I never trusted the guy.  Even if we thought we had him, there should be a plan B and a plan C and even a D.  It’s frustrating to see Nebraska, ASU, and Wisconsin all announce this weekend.  And now I see Georgia Tech is making moves as well.  WTH are we doing??  It’s all too quiet and I’m losing my patience 

Why actively pursue a top tier coaching staff when we can wait until all the other schools have their coaching situations settled and then throw ridiculous money at whoever is left without a paycheck?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Why actively pursue a top tier coaching staff when we can wait until all the other schools have their coaching situations settled and then throw ridiculous money at whoever is left without a paycheck?

Sounds about right. 

The people responsible hiring process at AU are clowns.  

Frankly, I'm now expecting this hire to be even worse than the Harsin Experiment. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

How soon before we’re  reaching out to Butch Jones and Mike Shula?

We already have our own Mike Shula…

Edited by CCTAU

Conserve your energy. Most likely this plays out with half cheering and the other half storming the castle. With cyber Monday in full effect, pitchforks, torches, and ladders should be on sale.

It would be nice to get a consensus hire, but then it would be less fuel for message boards. 😁

I mean seriously!!! What the crap are they waiting for??? NSD is less than a month away.. Come on guys and name our coach already!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CR said:

Half the damn boards turning in their Auburn card over a coach who hasnt been hired.

Biological women have more Testosterone than the common AU poster on this site. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dear Lord, please forgive me for all of the bad things I have said about bama fans, LSU fans, and UT fans!   I now realize we are just as bad or worse than any of them.   🤦‍♂️😰😵

• Haha 2