Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Auburn fans will get what they want and end up with Caddy 

He might actually be the only candidate left .. 
I hate it for him.

He’s not ready and we will have to fire him in a couple of years.

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Guess I ruffled some feathers on the other Freeze... done got it locked up LOL

Fun while it lasted. Crazy dude will probably be back though and the show will go on. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s not even about freeze to me anymore. He is gone. It’s just more a revelation on how easy it would be to sell caddy to majority of our fans while our rivals would agree and laugh

Maybe not A&M...

2 minutes ago, msza said:

Maybe not A&M...

A&M will have the last laugh. They beat LSU last night . Jimbo is overrated but they won’t consistently be down like this 

Just now, DAG said:

A&M will have the last laugh. They beat LSU last night . Jimbo is overrated but they won’t consistently be down like this 

I agree. A&M is young and will be much better next year.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Would you consider asking the same question on this thread?

The mods are literally guessing like everyone else 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Auburn fans will get what they want and end up with Caddy 

It’s looking that way. To want a coach with no baggage is mission impossible IMO. If a person digs hard enough everyone has something. I like Caddy but he isn’t ready. He was perfect for what Auburn needed after the firing.

• Like 2

I am just thinking that a lot of junk we have seen in last week was just that…junk! 

It would not have been unusual for AU to have discussed possibilities with some of the coaches mentioned…with no concrete offers made.

However, I want to be optimistic in the possibilty that our real target is still not known. 
I had hopes early on for a professional approach by our new AD. What is problematic in the waiting game is seeing Rhule and Fickell hired and signed while we are still waiting.

Neither may have been the choice for Auburn but are we being too slow or genuinely diligent?

Edited by au701948
  • Like 1

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

So they have the same answers as our administration and the people actually making the decision.

They don’t have any answers and that’s not me being rude or a douche. They are getting fed info like other insiders from other sites and they have been wrong . Human fallacy. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sure but that was only Caddy's second game as HC -- and he nearly won his first, too. If you can imagine an A&M who lost to Caddy's AU improving, how can you not imagine that Caddy's AU can also improve?

3 minutes ago, msza said:

Sure but that was only Caddy's second game as HC -- and he nearly won his first, too. If you can imagine an A&M who lost to Caddy's AU improving, how can you not imagine that Caddy's AU can also improve?

Because I have seen Jimbo Fisher lead a program to a NC that's how. I have seen him consistently win 8-9-10 games before. I have no clue what caddy can do and I am not of the mindset of hoping for the best, that's how. We don't have time to be goofing around here and emotions only take you so far.

Edited by DAG

25 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I asked for an update from the mods on the coaching search and ol WarTim locked the thread

I’d imagine it was the overall off-the-rail direction of the thread and you happened to be the last comment. 

And I’m sure they know as much/little as anyone else - except a very few who can’t/won’t say anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because I have seen Jimbo Fisher lead a program to a NC that's how. I have seen him consistently win 8-9-10 games before. I have no clue what caddy can do and I am not of the mindset of hoping for the best, that's how. We don't have time to be goofing around here and emotions only take you so far.

I've seen Jimbo lead two programs into the ground more recently than I've seen him win an NC. 

Caddy is not my first choice either but his performance over the past 4 games and the circumstances -- he's the current coach, after all -- merit consideration IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, msza said:

I've seen Jimbo lead two programs into the ground more recently than I've seen him win an NC. 

Caddy is not my first choice either but his performance over the past 4 games and the circumstances -- he's the current coach, after all -- merit consideration IMO.

I've considered it. NEXT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I've considered it. NEXT.

Ah, I apologize as I've caused you to misunderstand me. I wasn't suggesting that you should consider it.

Just now, msza said:

Ah, I apologize as I've caused you to misunderstand me. I wasn't suggesting that you should consider it.

No need to apologize. I doubt Auburn is considering it either seeing as he probably would've gotten an interview or even an offer by now. Not a single soul has said so. In fact, it would seem like Auburn is throwing everything at everyone with the exception of Caddy. Hopefully that tells you something. Probably not though.