Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

18 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Yeah I think Kiffin is at least trying to be a better man, and I’d be ok with that…of course he’s off the market now so he’s irrelevant at this point. Freeze has shown nothing to indicate he’s even trying to change and that coupled with his awful not too distant past is a 100% no go for me. Deion I just have no idea. I was on board with him just based off of his videos on how he trains his guys, but his history is extremely rough… I’d need more info to be able to support him fully, but I wouldn’t walk away from the program if he was hired. Just wouldn’t put him at the top of my list. As for Paul, all the best preachers and evangelists I know have terrible pasts. But they all showed consistent and complete restoration before being placed in front of others as a leader. The same occurred with Paul to an extent. He had to prove himself to everyone who knew his past.   Thanks for the reply

Based on your last couple of sentences.  How much longer does Danny Hugh have to suffer to prove himself in your eyes?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I guess we wouldn't have canned Gus if that was a serious concern. 

We probably should consider, though:

- A coach who doesn't immediately divide the fanbase
- A coach who isn't an immediate ongoing negative PR problem
- A coach who runs an offense that excites top level athletes preparing for the pros instead of low level "do more with less" 
- A coach who can sell the program not just internally, but externally without immediately having NCAA infractions and hookers brought up

If we were going to go the route of a PR challenged coach, Urban Meyer has a much better resume. It's a high risk, meh reward hire. 

Urban? Now that's a good one. He's a saint

14 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

While I think you’re being pretty judgmental and unforgiving based on incomplete knowledge, I do think you have every right to object to a hire.

But when you say you’d no longer be able to support AU, what do you mean? If it means you currently send donations and you no longer will, I guess that’s reasonable. If it means you’ll no longer watch AU football and cheer for the team, wouldn’t you feel torn on withdrawing your support from those 100 young men who did not choose their coach?

Would you never send a child to AU for school because of this? Would you withdraw your child if they we’re currently attending?

No longer buy AU merchandise? Not wear any that you already own?

And would this be a forever withdrawal of support, or would you forgive Auburn once the Freeze-reign was over?

Most likely none of the above. And if they did, would it be a bad thing!
AU fans have become some of the most pious and hypocritical fans in the SEC. 
We will get what we deserve. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I hear talk of some mystery candidate that hasn't been mentioned.  Wonder what folks reaction would be if that person happens to be Ol Will Muschamp?  Hmmm.....

It won't be anybody with any inkling of experience like that. I am willing to bet on it. 

Guest MustardSeed
21 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

While I think you’re being pretty judgmental and unforgiving based on incomplete knowledge, I do think you have every right to object to a hire.

But when you say you’d no longer be able to support AU, what do you mean? If it means you currently send donations and you no longer will, I guess that’s reasonable. If it means you’ll no longer watch AU football and cheer for the team, wouldn’t you feel torn on withdrawing your support from those 100 young men who did not choose their coach?

Would you never send a child to AU for school because of this? Would you withdraw your child if they we’re currently attending?

No longer buy AU merchandise? Not wear any that you already own?

And would this be a forever withdrawal of support, or would you forgive Auburn once the Freeze-reign was over?

I’ve supported through season tickets. I don’t live close enough now for that.  Watching and supporting the kids and hoping they find success under immoral leadership is hoping for success on the field to muddy what true success is (giving the idea that winning games is the most important and becoming immoral is just fine as long as society applauds you), so no I wouldnt support that… I will not send my kid there, I won’t support by watching or buying anything and until the immoral leader and all who okayed the hire are all gone or until they are at least publicly apologizing or demoted and decent men put in their place, Id be out. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It won't be anybody with any inkling of experience like that. I am willing to bet on it. 

The Never Freezers are organizing a movement.  So we shall see if they succeed. Champ would fit as a meh hire  

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The Never Freezers are organizing a movement.  So we shall see if they succeed. Champ would fit as a meh hire  

Freeze is done and that is totally okay. I am just ready to get someone in here who is competent with a plan and resume to back it up. I really do not want to waste my time with any big wigs chasing contract extensions. I see we got people bringing religion into this? SMH. 

Edited by DAG

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I hear talk of some mystery candidate that hasn't been mentioned.  Wonder what folks reaction would be if that person happens to be Ol Will Muschamp?  Hmmm.....

Mystery candidate at AU is always the most likely 🤣. That also encompasses literally every coach that hasn’t been publicly named as a candidate so who knows

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hope not. Coach Boom, has received two opps to show what he can do as a HC in the SEC. Failed miserably each time. 

• Like 3

Just now, PoetTiger said:

I hope not. Coach Boom, has received two opps to show what he can do as a HC in the SEC. Failed miserably each time. 

Right, we do not need to go the other extreme either though.

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Forgiveness isn’t in question. The entire point is putting a man like that as a leader of young men. Jesus never told the adulterer to immediately become a leader of young girls… apples and oranges

We have a girls’ football team?

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is someone keeping a tally of people who will dis own AU if we hire Freeze?

No need to tally mine. I’ll delete my account here the day it happens 💯. I’m sure that’ll make many here pull for Freeze to be hired but 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is someone keeping a tally of people who will dis own AU if we hire Freeze?

I heard it was straight madness from my Auburn people. Hysterical. People are insane. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Freeze is done and that is totally okay. I am just ready to get someone in here who is competent with a plan and resume to back it up. I really do not want to waste my time with any big wigs chasing contract extensions. I see we got people bringing religion into this? SMH. 

I'm afraid we bout to be lost in the wilderness for 10 yrs.. see Tennessee

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

No need to tally mine. I’ll delete my account here the day it happens 💯. I’m sure that’ll make many here pull for Freeze to be hired but 🤷‍♂️

Well, please say goodbye b4 u do that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

The adulterer in the story was a woman. In this case its a man leading young men. It’s basic 6th grade English on how comparisons work 🤣

Just to make sure I follow what you are saying. Danny Hugh should NEVER be allowed to be a leader of young men again? Yes or no?

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm afraid we bout to be lost in the wilderness for 10 yrs.. see Tennessee

Well, I guess the good news (?) is we're already ~3 years in. 

Ugh.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just to make sure I follow what you are saying. Danny Hugh should NEVER be allowed to be a leader of young men again? Yes or no?

It seems like that is what he is saying.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wonder how many emails he has sent to Liberty demanding the removal of Freeze as coach

Well, Auburn's powers are getting plastered with correspondence against Freeze.  There is more stuff out there on him. You Freeze guys need to be ready to take an L.  BTW- The mysterious coach is from out west.  

• Like 1