Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Freeze did. Them company calls weren't all to get his own knob schlobbed. 

Going to bat for him is so God danged strange 

Outrageously attacking him like you have is a bit sad. You sound a bit hysterical. 
I pray you get the mental help you need. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Interesting list. Nice characteristics. I feel like we don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Go after Deion or Grimes

Sanders > Grimes

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Definitely agree with that. He would be my last call.

If I were John Cohen, I'd show up at Deion's house, contract in-hand, with Bo, Frank, Cam, and Bruce; and I wouldn't take no for an answer. #WDE 

From Hoke at On3

“I spoke to a source tonight with knowledge of how Cohen operates that said, "if Freeze is not announced in the AM, then I’m afraid it may be a name that surprises many."

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

From Hoke at On3

“I spoke to a source tonight with knowledge of how Cohen operates that said, "if Freeze is not announced in the AM, then I’m afraid it may be a name that surprises many."

I kinda think that's a given at this point?

5 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

I kinda think that's a given at this point?

It’s the part about it being a name that surprises many that’s interesting 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Oh boy with AU's recent history it could be literally anyone lol who is UNLV's running back coach?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

From Hoke at On3

Cohen doesn't work on Sundays.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

If not Freeze, Sanders, or Grimes, then it will be a surprise. 

55 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Then how was he the head mens baseball coach at MS. State?

Only giving the other poster a bit of a hard time. I meant to imply that Deion would be in church Sunday until around noon so John will have to wait until sometime after lunch to call Sanders and extend the offer in principle. (speculation, of course). Can anyone really know? 

Edited by Systems

2 hours ago, CMRVHS said:

I have no money in this fight, but Freeze would need to immediately address his former issues. Deion Sanders issues with the Prime Prep Academy can be discussed, but I don't have that a of problem with it compared to Freeze.

Yea, no. Either hire Freeze or don't. Put special language in his contract or don't. No holier-than-thou messages from Auburn as if AU has no skeletons in the closet; don't want to go there, at all.

Lane, Hugh and Deion were always in my top 3 so if it's Hugh, I'm good with it. I just hope Hugh has learned several lessons. 

Allegedly, supposedly, it’s being reported, that Freeze has told Liberty University, he is in talks/negotiations with Auburn.

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/.amp/football/auburn-football-hugh-freeze-liberty-coaching-search

Also at least some talk coming from the athletic department is we backed off of Kiffin not the other way around. Notice how long it took Kiffin to sign his extension with Ole Miss?  Some are saying that’s because Auburn slowed talks on the hire and started pursuing Freeze. That is when Kiffin announced he’s signing the extension and staying with Ole Siss. 

No clue if he/she fully knows what they’re talking about, they’ve been right before and they have been wrong before.

Edited by AU-24

18 hours ago, aujohnson said:

With all the Caddy energy talk (and rightfully so) I think this is the better hire than Lane. Freeze has always had energy and been a coach that loves and is loved by his players. I think that energy and the very comparable coach skills between Freeze and Kiffin make Freeze the better hire. 

Best bet for AU to beat Saban and Kirby, even better than UK Stooooop

6 hours ago, Pat Fossum said:

He went 5-7 in his last season at Ole Miss. He lost by 3 touchdowns to Vanderbilt. He lost by 40 points to New Mexico State today.

he spent to much on the new contract while prepaing the NMSU trash game, in the meantime, Kiffin lost to MSU too,  maybe for the same reason

We need to end this drama today.  Can't afford to drag this out and lose out on transfer portal and recruits before early signing period.  I know this is an important decision, but we should have had Plan B, C, D ready just in case (I hope we did), so we could make the announcement today.

My preference was Kiffin, Deion, Freeze......in that order.  I am holding out hope for Deion today, but I likely have to settle for #3.  Some things never change.

53 minutes ago, aucat said:

Best bet for AU to beat Saban and Kirby, even better than UK Stooooop

Stoops is a terrible in game coach and doesn’t recruit well enough to compensate. Even Jimbo does better during a game and look where that got him this year. 

Of all the candidates, Freeze will divide fans more than any. It will be the worst PR move of any. It will not build excitement for most. It's a high risk hire with low probability of any quick return and my perception of the people leading Auburn will never have been lower and I won't be alone. 

Those supporting Freeze had better pray this guy can pull miracles in the portal, because otherwise the calls to remove him won't slow down after a bad season just because it's the first. 

• Like 1