Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

9 minutes ago, CR said:

Will Herring put out a video on twitter supporting hiring Freeze. Guess he has no morals either,huh?

Maybe that's the plan.  Freeze is the hire but he won't be announced until the influencer army has softened up the hardliners.

• Haha 1

I have a feeling the current climate we live in will prevent hiring Freeze. With all the backlash we’ve seen it will be a bad look for Auburn.  That being said, Auburn rarely fails to surprise me 🤷‍♂️

As a coach, sell me on Freeze. my big questions: 
1) can he still recruit? Does anyone know who he is anymore?
2) does he call his own plays?

3) do other coaches like to work with him? 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

1) with the right money?  Yes

2) hopefully not.  We would prefer someone that coaches coaches

3) the real question is will coaches work for him and thrive.  This question goes for the players as well 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

1. Staff will play a big roll in this . If he keeps say Caddy, Zac and Reed that’s a good start he just has to seal the deal. The interim staff has laid a lot of groundwork since CBH was fired.

2. No sure about that. Did wonders with Malik and down the stretch was down to 2nd and 3rd string players. Also have to keep into perspective Liberty wasnt a known commodity until he arrived. Even though lost three straight games Liberty still trying to get their feet wet playing with the. If boys.

3. TBD but I think he could pull it off 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CR said:

Will Herring put out a video on twitter supporting hiring Freeze. Guess he has no morals either,huh?

I think CHF could do a great job if most fans would get behind him. I'm just not sure if they would, even if he went 12-0

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Oh, they would. Winning cures all. 

1) yep, he’s a winner. He was 8-4 this year which is consistent with his 70% ole miss rate.  Legendary stuff. 2) It’s known that he’s been passed over 25 times in the past 3 coaching cycles.  Even usf this year. Literally the least desired coach in America 3) People and the media have meltdowns over him for reason. He’s divisive, a walking time bomb, and will subject us to never ending ridicule that we’re this desperate.

That fact that his name still intrigues some of us requires…. study

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

1) yep, he’s a winner. He was 8-4 this year which is consistent with his 70% ole miss rate.  Legendary stuff. 2) It’s known that he’s been passed over 25 times in the past 3 coaching cycles.  Even usf this year. Literally the least desired coach in America 3) People and the media have meltdowns over him for reason. He’s divisive, a walking time bomb, and will subject us to never ending ridicule that we’re this desperate.

That fact that his name still intrigues some of us requires…. study

Respectfully USF wouldn’t be an upgrade. It’s been wear coaches careers go to die see Charlie Strong and Taggart. The media needs a story. He would be a topic for a few weeks and the media would be on to the next big thing. Is there any proof that he was passed over said 25 times . Nobody can definitely say what he interviewed for unless u in his circle. Practically every candidate that has been mentioned people have had an issue with. Like I said the administration chose a coach that meets the criteria of whatever they are looking for. If u oppose u can decide whether or not u want to continuing supporting the team. No matter the choice some people won’t be happy.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, autan said:

I think CHF could do a great job if most fans would get behind him. I'm just not sure if they would, even if he went 12-0

Freeze will struggle to even post a winning record at all next season. What happens when a coach unpopular with a large portion of the fanbase turns in a losing season? We've seen that episode and Freeze is a far less sympathetic figure. (Plus do people really want to watch more high school offense? Blech.)

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

A serious question for the ones who don't want Danny Hugh.   

Why all the uproar now? Danny Hugh has been at the top of the list since Harsin was fired and actually b4 he was fired? So, why now? Why not back at the end of Oct?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, DAG said:

The mods are literally guessing like everyone else 

Watch for an off the wall name to be floated out today, someone like say Jeff Brohm... The fans will come unglued.... Then by tomorrow or Wed Danny Hugh will be announced.  The leaking of  Brohm will soften the blow for the Never Freezers

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Watch for an off the wall name to be floated out today, someone like say Jeff Brohm... The fans will come unglued.... Then by tomorrow or Wed Danny Hugh will be announced.  The leaking of  Brohm will soften the blow for the Never Freezers

Yeah I am hearing freeze is back in the picture…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

A serious question for the ones who don't want Danny Hugh.   

Why all the uproar now? Danny Hugh has been at the top of the list since Harsin was fired and actually b4 he was fired? So, why now? Why not back at the end of Oct?

Perhaps because at that point, his hiring didn't look inevitable?  Now it does. 

In fact, I half believe now that hiring the guy was the one and only plan all along, all the talk of other candidates being just a pretention of an honest, active search.  

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Perhaps because at that point, his hiring didn't look inevitable?  Now it does. 

In fact, I half believe now that hiring the guy was the one and only plan all along, all the talk of other candidates being just a pretention of an honest, active search.  

My point us whether his hiring was inevitable or not, just the fact he was a leading candidate.. should that alone not been enuf to start this firestorm? 

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

My point us whether his hiring was inevitable or not, just the fact he was a leading candidate.. should that alone not been enuf to start this firestorm? 

No.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nope it will not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You guys don’t seem to understand that a moral opposition to a crap person doesn’t just dissolve because you’re offered a crap alternative. That’s like being offered Kanye or Desantis instead of Trump. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

I have a family member that works pretty high up the food chain at Liberty and he was talking with the asst AD Saturday and was told Freeze was 100% talking to Auburn and he was expecting everything to be done by Saturday night/Sunday morning but it’s on hold now because of all the backlash on the Auburn side.