warm wishes for thanksgiving

aubiefifty

i hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with love and fellowship. and may all of you have to unbutton that top pants button when you are stuffed and hit the recliner.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Thanks.  Smoking a bird here.  What are you eating?

i got an invite to eat today and friday. tomorrow i got nothing so i might go to logans and eat a steak. my family is gone so god bless friends. no one does turkey as often as they used to around here. i do miss the days of leftover turkey and ham sandwiches. just curious.....how long did it take you to roll that bird? grins

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i got an invite to eat today and friday. tomorrow i got nothing so i might go to logans and eat a steak. my family is gone so god bless friends. no one does turkey as often as they used to around here. i do miss the days of leftover turkey and ham sandwiches. just curious.....how long did it take you to roll that bird? grins

Not very long.  I've rolled many before.  WDE. :)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Cook ours in brown paper bad (wife needs drippings for the dressing).

I'm gonna smoke mine this year in my Pit Barrel Cooker.  A 12-lb bird, cut in half and hanging vertically.  It works very well for chickens, hope it works as well for a small turkey.

• Like 1

Just like fall, Halloween, Christmas, July 4th, and college football,

THANKSGIVING GOES BY WAY TOO FAST.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I sure do miss my grandparents and the great times we had during holidays at their house, when I was too young and stupid to realize how special it was.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm gonna smoke mine this year in my Pit Barrel Cooker.  A 12-lb bird, cut in half and hanging vertically.  It works very well for chickens, hope it works as well for a small turkey.

Do you inject?

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Do you inject?

Not chickens, but I will inject the turkey breast lobes with a mixture of butter and spices (sage, thyme).

The dark meat doesn't need it.  It has plenty of fat and flavor on its own.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with love and fellowship. and may all of you have to unbutton that top pants button when you are stuffed and hit the recliner.

Thankful for all my blessings!

Got my stretchy pants ready for tomorrow!😁

• Haha 1

God is truly and faithfully good. I have much to be thankful for in family and health. Having my brother-in-law and sister-in-law along with nephew and girlfriend (his) tomorrow. Will eat, put up a tree in the afternoon and watch the Egg Bowl tomorrow night- MSU for my wife and of course I'll be interested in Lane this time around. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

Edited by gr82be
Clarification after I reread it. 🙄
  • Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 10:51 AM, MaxCohen216 said:

Thanks.  Smoking a bird here.  What are you eating?

thanksgiving eve i had a ribeye from logans. yesterday a good friend hooked me up with three paper plates full of goodies. he even brought me a couple of more plates from his family gathering. today i go to see one of my very best friends in the world. so i go pig out and will have food waiting on me when i head home. normally thanksgiving is the hardest holiday to get through. this year i feel particularly blessed.

• Like 1