Howard Stern: Preserving democracy is ‘the only f—ing issue on the table’ in midterms

aubiefifty

Howard Stern: Preserving democracy is ‘the only f—ing issue on the table’ in midterms

Judy Kurtz
4-5 minutes

Howard Stern says there’s no greater issue in Tuesday’s midterm elections than “saving democracy.”

“I love this country. I love what it stands for. I know the history of the world. I’ve seen what happens when people who are authoritarians — who want to control the vote, fix the vote, and then eventually eliminate the vote — I know what that means and I know the kind of society you’d be in,” the SiriusXM radio host told listeners of his eponymous show on Monday.

“I would love to tell the people out there who think that’s not a big issue: The sad fact is you’ve never lived under an authoritarian regime,” Stern said.

“To me, there’s no more important issue on the table for these elections than saving democracy,” he added on the eve of Election Day.

“You have no idea what you have ‘til it’s gone,” Stern said as he took aim at election deniers who support former President Trump’s false claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen amid voter fraud following his loss to Joe Biden.

Candidates categorized by States United Action as election deniers will appear on the ballot for nearly half of the country’s secretary of state races and one-third of the attorney general races, according to data from the pro-democracy nonprofit.

“I’m going to suggest to you that the things you enjoy about this country, the freedoms, they will all be gone when you elect someone who says, ‘I don’t believe the vote. F— you. We’re going and we’re taking over.’ That’s how Hitler came to power,” Stern, 68, said.

“I never thought I’d be saying this on the radio. I never thought that this would be in jeopardy,” the former “America’s Got Talent” judge said.

“Like waking up and seeing the sun shining, I always just assume [in] America, we all are in agreement that we cherish free elections.”

“As soon as someone says, ‘I believe that the… 2020 election was stolen,’ as soon as they say that — and they have no proof except they feel like it was stolen — you can’t vote for that person,” Stern said.

“I don’t care if they’re a Democrat or Republican,” said Stern, who ran as a libertarian in New York’s gubernatorial race in 1994, before dropping out after the state’s Supreme Court upheld a requirement that he would have to disclose his personal finances as a political candidate.

“This is the Republican rap now. I used to believe in the Republican Party. I had many, many candidates that I enjoyed, who I knew personally, that I can’t go along with this nonsense,” Stern said.

“You don’t hear from any mainstream Republicans anymore. And I don’t think there’s a more important issue on the table,” he said.

“I happen to think [President] Biden’s doing a good job. Do we have problems? Yeah, of course we do,” Stern said, citing Russia’s war with Ukraine, oil prices, and the global economy.

“We struggle as a nation all the time with certain issues, but lo and behold, the one thing we got is our freedom — to elect a**holes and kick a**holes out of office. That’s the most important thing.”

“So-called evidence” and accusations of 2020 election fraud played out in court, Stern said, and judges across the country found that “everything seems to be on the up and up.”

Election deniers, Stern said, “Still go, ‘Well, we feel that they were stolen somehow.’ And yet we don’t feel the election was stolen when we win. You can’t have it both ways. So you accept your win, but you don’t accept your loss.”

“I like waking up in an America where I know that the United States senators, people in Congress and the president all believe in America — not in a dictatorship. And that’s it,” Stern said.

“That’s the only f—ing issue on the table.”

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to

• Love 1

But, but, 

Inflation! (which apparently will suddenly disappear with a Republican congress)

Crime! (never mind both homicide and violent-crime rates remained far below their peaks in the 1990s, each was significantly higher in 2020 than at the low point in 2014)  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/10/crime-rate-justice-republicans-2022-elections/671800/)

Schools indoctrinating our kids!

Democrats are castrating our kids!

They're teaching CRT in our schools!

We don't need no sticking democracy. 

We need to make the world safe again for our $90,000 trucks.  ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

“Muh democracy” is code for, let’s declare half the country as racist, terrorists.  

Dems have nothing to run on.  Last two years have been a s*** show, without drama they got nothing 

I think I have figured it out.  The left is all about existential threats and deadlines for those threats.  It will be too late to do anything about climate change if we don’t get serious by 2030.  Before that there was a litany of predictions of doom and gloom that never materialized.  Undaunted, now we have  the end of democracy that will occur tomorrow unless the good people of America will stand up against oppression by voting for Democrat.

It really is getting old.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think I have figured it out.  The left is all about existential threats and deadlines for those threats.  It will be too late to do anything about climate change if we don’t get serious by 2030.  Before that there was a litany of predictions of doom and gloom that never materialized.  Undaunted, now we have  the end of democracy that will occur tomorrow unless the good people of America will stand up against oppression by voting for Democrat.

Isnt that what the right says about the left transing kids, killing babies, killing Christianity, CRT, and killing white culture?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Isnt that what the right says about the left transing kids, killing babies, killing Christianity, CRT, and killing white culture?

There, fixed it for you.  What is remains is true and is not a threat, it is happening.  Why do you think WSW are voting Republican in this cycle?  Don’t mess with momma’s protecting their kids.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

what gets old is all the threats your side puts out there. your side tried to take over the country by stealing an election and you guys used force. instead of siding with cops at the capital you sided wth the young lady who was shot knowing damn well not to cross that thresh hold. what gets old is being accused of being a commie when you served your country during a time of war. and enlisted and not drafted. you guys hate nancy so much you made fun of her husband when your side smeared him in the papers. you guys claim to be the christian party................lol.

• Like 1

The apocalyptic, breathless proclamations of "democracy will end as we know it!!!!1!!!" if the House and Senate shift to Republican majorities...hasn't that been every Team Blue election mantra in the last 20-30 years now?

Fearmongering and playing to the room temperature IQ base who will lap it up like kittens at a saucer of milk.

Desperation is indeed a stinky cologne.

Personally, I'm just glad the gotdamned political ads will be over. I'm tired of everyone's, even candidates I'd be inclined to support. Enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many children or grandchildren do you have?

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

How many children or grandchildren do you have?

3 boys and 6 grandchildren.  Well worth the time and effort.

Edited by I_M4_AU

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

But, but, 

Inflation! (which apparently will suddenly disappear with a Republican congress)

Crime! (never mind both homicide and violent-crime rates remained far below their peaks in the 1990s, each was significantly higher in 2020 than at the low point in 2014)  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/10/crime-rate-justice-republicans-2022-elections/671800/)

Schools indoctrinating our kids!

Democrats are castrating our kids!

They're teaching CRT in our schools!

We don't need no sticking democracy. 

We need to make the world safe again for our $90,000 trucks.  ;D

We are not that far apart on issues at all. I just want to point out that screaming at the electorate that they are too stupid to know how to vote is not working, has never worked, and will never work. We need to focus group the campaigns going forward and couch them in messaging that America wants to hear. See Bill Clinton when the toe sucker was advising him. 

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Judy Kurtz
4-5 minutes

Howard Stern says there’s no greater issue in Tuesday’s midterm elections than “saving democracy.”

“I love this country. I love what it stands for. I know the history of the world. I’ve seen what happens when people who are authoritarians — who want to control the vote, fix the vote, and then eventually eliminate the vote — I know what that means and I know the kind of society you’d be in,” the SiriusXM radio host told listeners of his eponymous show on Monday.

“I would love to tell the people out there who think that’s not a big issue: The sad fact is you’ve never lived under an authoritarian regime,” Stern said.

“To me, there’s no more important issue on the table for these elections than saving democracy,” he added on the eve of Election Day.

“You have no idea what you have ‘til it’s gone,” Stern said as he took aim at election deniers who support former President Trump’s false claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen amid voter fraud following his loss to Joe Biden.

Candidates categorized by States United Action as election deniers will appear on the ballot for nearly half of the country’s secretary of state races and one-third of the attorney general races, according to data from the pro-democracy nonprofit.

“I’m going to suggest to you that the things you enjoy about this country, the freedoms, they will all be gone when you elect someone who says, ‘I don’t believe the vote. F— you. We’re going and we’re taking over.’ That’s how Hitler came to power,” Stern, 68, said.

“I never thought I’d be saying this on the radio. I never thought that this would be in jeopardy,” the former “America’s Got Talent” judge said.

“Like waking up and seeing the sun shining, I always just assume [in] America, we all are in agreement that we cherish free elections.”

“As soon as someone says, ‘I believe that the… 2020 election was stolen,’ as soon as they say that — and they have no proof except they feel like it was stolen — you can’t vote for that person,” Stern said.

“I don’t care if they’re a Democrat or Republican,” said Stern, who ran as a libertarian in New York’s gubernatorial race in 1994, before dropping out after the state’s Supreme Court upheld a requirement that he would have to disclose his personal finances as a political candidate.

“This is the Republican rap now. I used to believe in the Republican Party. I had many, many candidates that I enjoyed, who I knew personally, that I can’t go along with this nonsense,” Stern said.

“You don’t hear from any mainstream Republicans anymore. And I don’t think there’s a more important issue on the table,” he said.

“I happen to think [President] Biden’s doing a good job. Do we have problems? Yeah, of course we do,” Stern said, citing Russia’s war with Ukraine, oil prices, and the global economy.

“We struggle as a nation all the time with certain issues, but lo and behold, the one thing we got is our freedom — to elect a**holes and kick a**holes out of office. That’s the most important thing.”

“So-called evidence” and accusations of 2020 election fraud played out in court, Stern said, and judges across the country found that “everything seems to be on the up and up.”

Election deniers, Stern said, “Still go, ‘Well, we feel that they were stolen somehow.’ And yet we don’t feel the election was stolen when we win. You can’t have it both ways. So you accept your win, but you don’t accept your loss.”

“I like waking up in an America where I know that the United States senators, people in Congress and the president all believe in America — not in a dictatorship. And that’s it,” Stern said.

“That’s the only f—ing issue on the table.”

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to

In Howard Sterns opinion. Which is fine. But it is not the opinions of the other 330M in the US. We cannot dictate what the issues are. The voters do that. Seriously, talking down to the voters is a losers course. It was Hitler after 1944. It was the Iron Curtain after 1984 or so. You cannot WiLL your way to an election. You must talk to the people. You must engage them. Losing 27% of WSW after Dobbs is proof that my side ****** it up yet again. 

Edited by DKW 86