Dan Lanning

homersapien

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Oh for sure. If you aren't cheating then you're getting beat by a team that is. He just happened to be the unlucky one to get caught. It really shocks me that he doesn't have a P5 job yet. His name is mentioned in every coaching search the past few years, just like Kiffin. 

I know fans seem to think Freeze is just a Gus Malzahn 2.0 but I disagree. Hugh develops quarterbacks. He won with Bo Wallace, Chad Kelly, Malik Willis among others. We always heard that Gus's offense can be a juggernaut to defend but he has to have the perfect type QB to run it. Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, currently Plumlee at UCF. Well, Hugh runs a similar offense to Gus but Hugh always seems to have that "perfect" QB to make his offense excell. It's because he can develop them and he also isn't stuck in his ways of thinking like Gus. Hugh changes his offense to fit the players strengths and that's a good ball coach. Gus always seemed to try to fit a square peg into a round hole and when it wouldn't fit, he would continue beating it until there was nothing left. (2017 versus LSU, 17 straight runs off tackle on 1st down until we blew a 3 touchdown lead in Baton Rouge) I guarantee ya that Hugh Freeze wouldn't do that.  

Just curious if his offense has similar route trees as Gus? That is one reason they say we had trouble getting WR/OL to NFL or attracting them to AU under Gus.

I wonder how serious is Dan Lanning as a candidate? There are so many candidates that are quality where we don’t have to overspend like crazy