Worst OL in the history of P5?

gr82b4au

It's bad but that an exageration. aTm's is worse than ours this year. Brodie Croyle's Bama OL was a joke and notably gave up 11 sacks to a slightly better than avg Auburn D. 

• Like 1

Just now, Browning4AU said:

Speaking of which, how did Will Friend make the cut to be retained after Harsin was fired?

Because there are reports from highschool coaches saying he is the only one who put forth any effort recruiting wise that they had met at auburn..

Only thing i can think of

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Because there are reports from highschool coaches saying he is the only one who put forth any effort recruiting wise that they had met at auburn..

He owns the worst unit on the field and after all the crap, he essentially got promoted to OC? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Browning4AU said:

He owns the worst unit on the field and after all the crap, he essentially got promoted to OC? 

I mean if cadillac put him there then I have to assume he did so for a legit reason

I have no answer

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Speaking of which, how did Will Friend make the cut to be retained after Harsin was fired?

Because he isn't apart of the potato gang. He'll be fired after the Bama game. For now he is a warm body that can't do any harm

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

He also had experience as OC calling plays.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Can’t remember seeing one that was worse. 

It is painful watching this untalented OL, lost most plays and lack of effort! The next AU head coach is going to have one hell of a job rebuilding this pile of steaming crap.

He recruits and isn't from Idaho. Sure the line is no good, but it's been no good. We whiffed in the portal and got stuck with all of our 11th year seniors that are still playing college football for a reason...

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I mean if cadillac put him there then I have to assume he did so for a legit reason

I have no answer

There was no one else left???

I have heard that Friend was handcuffed in recruiting and scheme. TFWIW. 

9 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I just can’t get past the OL play.  May never get over it…..

It's been and issue from day one...so you're preaching to the choir. Actually this problem has been lurking for 3 to 4 years. To play OL in the SEC you need size, quickness, agility, and strength. Not having any one of those attributes means you need to play DII, not SEC ball.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I have heard that Friend was handcuffed in recruiting and scheme. TFWIW. 

He should have been handcuffed and charged with impersonating a coach.  Not only is his line not physically up to the task they don’t know who to block.  If you watch them often times a guy will be looking around while his man is taking a free run at the QB.   It is going to take a exceptionally good coach a long time to overcome the deficiencies in that group.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, creed said:

It's been and issue from day one...so you're preaching to the choir. Actually this problem has been lurking for 3 to 4 years. To play OL in the SEC you need size, quickness, agility, and strength. Not having any one of those attributes means you need to play DII, not SEC ball.

Agree 100%, and have been saying so for the last several years.