TJ not traveling with the team

Win4AU

3 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

What the He!! happened to Calzada? Anybody know? 

Calzada had been scheduled for shoulder surgery last I heard anything. I for one am hoping,with a grain of salt, that he returns to AU and has his mind set to get the starting job. Praying that he does not decide to transfer out. With Calzada, we would have some real game experience and a fair degree of talent. JMHO

Edited by au701948
  • Like 1

For all practical purposes, I'd say T.J. is off this team.

It would be best for him to transfer out if this is what he wants to do.  The incoming coach may very well have a transfer coming in (his previous starter) if they had a good relationship.  The competition would be interesting to watch when you consider who is on the roster now and then add in any new transfers. I think we could have as many as 5 QBs competing for the QB1 slot.  Somehow I (and perhaps TJ) knows his chance to win out is low. 

So, unless he wants to ride the pine, he needs to go where he will get a good education for his likely future profession - and, if they play football great.  Don't make a decision to go to a school to keep pursuing a football career with hopes to making it to the next level.  My son finally gave up the football ghost in his sophomore year as he finally realized he had the strength and size but not the speed to play at the power 5 level.  There was no chance at the NFL.  He still loves the game but is in residency and will finish in 2 years and be a medical doctor.  TJ has to make that decision so he can get 100% behind a new path, football is not for him. His father should be helping his son move in this direction and stop the whining.  

• Like 1