TJ not traveling with the team

Win4AU

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Wonder if he's the one Harsin tried to put in at end of Arkansas game that started the no red shirt talk?

Makes sense….been wondering about that. 

I’m sorry that TJ has decided to leave. I wish him all the best.  I don’t blame any of the guys whose dreams have been crushed from the dearly departed coaching staff for wanting to pursue their dreams elsewhere.  I will not criticize any player who has been through what these guys have been through.  I’m giving him a pass.  In others years, maybe not, but this year, definitely.  

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 4

Just now, AUDevil said:

I had us going 4-8 in the preseason b/c of him, the OL, and it seemed like Harsin was checked out.  Seemed like a stretch to me.

And you were right, if that’s what you want to hear. All I’m saying is that he was named the starting QB, at Auburn, over Calzada who was at least competent at TAMU. Stands to reason that the guy who won the job would at least be competent. I was wrong. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I hope he’s not having a real mental breakdown. I have ( right or wrong) considered him to have a good attitude and be a good teammate. 

You must have missed the repeated social media posts where he threw his teammates under the bus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’m sorry that TJ has decided to leave. I wish him all the best.  I don’t blame any of the guys whose dreams have been crushed from the dearly departed coaching staff for wanting to pursue their dreams elsewhere.  InWILL not criticize any player who has been through what these guys have been through.  

No doubt. My criticism of TJ hinges mostly on some things he did prior to Harsin being fired.

I wish TJ well. And I understand the frustrations. But his dad going on the podcast was not a good luck. 

Not to pile on or anything but I'm seem to remember reading on here some people labeled Bo as quitting on his team and going to Oregon. If in fact TJ leaves , does he deserve the same criticism?Bo did at least wait till after the season, even though he wasn't gonna play anymore after the injury.. Kind hard to blame anyone for transferring under the circumstances.  But the same should have applied to Bocephus as well

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I think a lot of people, like me, were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, in hopes that he would have improved significantly. He didn’t. 

I think his 6’7” frame bumped his head on his own talent ceiling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

And you were right, if that’s what you want to hear. All I’m saying is that he was named the starting QB, at Auburn, over Calzada who was at least competent at TAMU. Stands to reason that the guy who won the job would at least be competent. I was wrong. 

Thank you! The one time I’m right…I just need some acknowledgment.

• Haha 1

i refuse to throw tj under the bus. he cannot help what his dad says and i cannot imagine the frustration he is going through. he is still growing mentally i imagine. outrunning the popo on a dang moped tells me he needs some more maturing. i mean hell they knew who he was. we all mature at different levels. maybe some of you know more than i do but i will not throw the young man under the bus. he still has a chance maybe to do something somewhere else so i say go for it. life is hard for all of us. at his age it is more so and probably confusing at times. i remember when this site did not let you throw players under the bus. the young man gave it his all and failed. he played hurt. you guys act like him throwing the o line under the bus is horrible but damn near to a man on here we ALL threw the O line under the bus.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AUGnome said:

You must have missed the repeated social media posts where he threw his teammates under the bus.

I didn’t know those were actually his posts. I thought there was some speculation it was fake. 

I won’t blame TJ or his father. Harsin was not using the QBs in a way that was beneficial to anyone. I would’ve been frustrated too as a player or a parent of a player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

The preseason hype made no sense whatsoever.

The idea that 3 backup QBs were going to be SEC starter material was a fantasy.

• Like 3

Hope it works out for him. Kid definitely has some off the field maturing to do, but he’s got some gusto too. Messed up trying to go from big time program to big time program too. He needed to mature and develop at some hole in the wall in Kansas after LSU

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

He gone. Somebody commented on something of his to transfer to liberty & he replied “😏.” He gone

If we're trading TJ Finley for Hugh Freeze, that's a win-win for us.

Whether you empathize or not, he got to be careful how he Carries himself. I can sense the frustration but ultimately he is being assessed for a future job in the NFL. He should really reach out to MW. Also, you guys in here shouldn’t be reinforcing any of this. 

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’m sorry that TJ has decided to leave. I wish him all the best.  I don’t blame any of the guys whose dreams have been crushed from the dearly departed coaching staff for wanting to pursue their dreams elsewhere.  I will not criticize any player who has been through what these guys have been through.  I’m giving him a pass.  In others years, maybe not, but this year, definitely.  

Yep, it’s coaching staff’s fault that he has handled things like he has throwing fellow teammates under the bus. I guess coaching staff is responsible foe Russia invading also. lol, Harsin must own the mistakes he has made. But laying this at his feet is completely incorrect IMO.

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My husband read that TJ’s parents were mad because they didn’t inform the players before they told Harsin. 🙄

That's certainly a backward way of doing it. Have they been on a deserted island? They had to have known it was coming any day. 

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not to pile on or anything but I'm seem to remember reading on here some people labeled Bo as quitting on his team and going to Oregon. If in fact TJ leaves , does he deserve the same criticism?Bo did at least wait till after the season, even though he wasn't gonna play anymore after the injury.. Kind hard to blame anyone for transferring under the circumstances.  But the same should have applied to Bocephus as well

I’d say it’s a little different. 
Bo was the guaranteed starter with no clear backup ready to take over. He left knowing the team would be worse off…(but he did what was right for him and his future so we really shouldn’t blame him as many have.  Had he stayed his NFL hopes were likely finished.  He’s given himself a chance at a better life because of leaving which we should all be happy for him. )
 TJ leaving (if he even is…as far as I know it’s all speculation at this point) would be leaving as a backup who lost his job to a younger player. Most qbs in his spot leave their respective teams. 
In reality Bo left us knowing it was leaving us in a bad spot, but he still should have left. 
TJ, if he leaves, will only likely be leaving behind a third…or potentially even fourth string job next year. Apples and oranges