Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree and have stated that at length. Plus no crippling buyout. But the “fit” and no p5 experience zealots always go sideways with Deion. Kiffin (who has a more traditional background) isn’t as appealing  to me, but given the other options being tossed around, I’d accept him.

I think he “fits” quite well with the team, and most of the fans.

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

To be fair, It’s been a long time since we’ve consistently recruited well against UGA or Bama,

Agreed. We always hit that wall.  Which is why we keep ultimately firing…. everybody. Either lower the goal or hire an elite recruiter.  Can’t do both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yeaauburn said:

I may get roasted for this post but I think Dan Mullen is a name to bring up. You can't hold his time at Florida against him. Since Urban left Florida, no one has had any success in Gainesville. He hasn't forgot how to coach.  

I personally would like Mark Stoops at Auburn.  

Cooking Methods: Roasting | Culinary Agents

Agreed. We always hit that wall.  Which is why we keep ultimately firing…. everybody. Either lower the goal or hire an elite recruiter.  Can’t do both.

We agree that a staff of superb recruiters has to be priority for the HC and his staff. Lowering the bar ain’t an option. 

50 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

1) I always prefer la-la land when I can get it 2) so, to be clear, I understand your wake up -it’s the real world, everybody cheats point. Got it. Redemption and not being judgmental. Got it. But bottom line - you believe freeze could recruit directly against uga and assemble an elite level staff comparable or better than prime or kiffin? Not just make us better - elite. I’m not picking an argument, curious.

Yes and I KNOW for a fact he can beat both of them. Deion Sanders can’t say that. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We agree that a staff of superb recruiters has to be priority for the HC and his staff. Lowering the bar ain’t an option. 

We keep struggling to figure out that a great coaching mind normally loses to bigger, faster teams. A top ranked MMA fighter vs a sorority girl with a machine gun doesn’t end well. Gus didn’t get dumber, he got tommy gunned.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dude, you can't talk to these cats on here about Danny Hugh. I done give up trying. They either sitting too high on their high horse or afraid to look at how many times their own transgressions have been forgiven. Its been almost 5 yrs...If the man's family and The Good Lord has forgiven him.  Guess what,  it don't make a rats booty if anyone else has or not. 

Yeah I am pretty much giving it up too. It’s the same silly Arguments from some.

We keep struggling to figure out that a great coaching mind normally loses to bigger, faster teams. A top ranked MMA fighter vs a sorority girl with a machine gun doesn’t end well. Gus didn’t get dumber, he got tommy gunned.

Nah. Look at Gus’ offense through the years at AU then Arky State.. He got dumber. 2013 completely broke his ability to be creative.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Nah. Look at Gus’ offense through the years at AU then Arky State.. He got dumber. 2013 completely broke his ability to be creative.

I agree Gus didn’t evolve and his offense became tired. But our OL and general talent erosion started exactly when Kirby showed up. Imo until it’s resolved, we’re elite road kill

I agree Gus didn’t evolve and his offense became tired. But our OL and general talent erosion started exactly when Kirby showed up. Imo until it’s resolved, we’re elite road kill

Malzahn offense only works with an elite QB that can run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Do people live in la-la land? Every freaking successful program cheats. This idea that Bama, Georgia, Clemson get all of these great players and don’t cheat is laughable. Ole miss was getting them too quickly and the heavy hitters moved their weight and Ole miss got called for it. Likewise , Texas A&M gets this star studded class and guess what? The heavy hitters say they are paying everyone. 

the difference is Hugh Freeze won on the field with his players against them. I am sorry we aren’t winning a national championship without cam Newton and no I don’t think for a second we just gave his family nothing. 

We want a guy with Kiffens offense, Kirbys defense, Sabans CEO skills, Primes recruiting potential, with Gus's personal life.

Easy peasy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

We want a guy with Kiffens offense, Kirbys defense, Sabans CEO skills, Primes recruiting potential, with Gus's personal life.

Easy peasy!

May be a great coach, but it’d be a damn unattractive human being

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

Cooking Methods: Roasting | Culinary Agents

I for one agree. If he could be enticed to take a look, he fits a lot of by boxes. But, neither President nor our AD has called me yet for my suggestion.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Gus didn’t get dumber

The game plans, play calling, and recruiting beg to differ

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

But our OL and general talent erosion started exactly when Kirby showed up

It showed up when Gus hired HH and then really manifested when he was too lazy to do a real coaching search or try to upgrade the OL coaching at all.  The less than 24 hour rehire of JB Grimes is when and where our OL started tanking.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Message to self: never use Gus in an example

Have no fear, there will be a couple that come in later to explain how I'm wrong about Gus.

It won't make any sense and it can't be logically rationalized at all, but they will still post it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Have no fear, there will be a couple that come in later to explain how I'm wrong about Gus.

My point with Gus is even if you and others time machined and undid all those mistakes. OL focus, mobile qb, evolved the offense, ect. Imo  It just delays the inevitable.  Richt still leaves and Kirby still firewalls off Atlanta and the rest of ga/north Fla recruiting.. Saban AND Kirby double whammy starved off our talent - checkmate ever since. Imo without a shock the recruiting status quo hire -mid tier is our ceiling 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My point with Gus is even if you and others time machined and undid all those mistakes. OL focus, mobile qb, evolved the offense, ect. Imo  It just delays the inevitable.  Richt still leaves and Kirby still firewalls off Atlanta and the rest of ga/north Fla recruiting.. Saban AND Kirby double whammy starved off our talent - checkmate ever since. Imo without a shock the recruiting status quo hire -mid tier is our ceiling 

Exactly.  Considering who we compete with,,, we have to have exceptional talent just to be in the discussion.  The conservative hire just isn't going to get it.

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

I for one agree. If he could be enticed to take a look, he fits a lot of by boxes. But, neither President nor our AD has called me yet for my suggestion.

So what about Mullen entices se here…his coaching or his recruiting? 

43 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Then how did other schools get talent from Alabama and Georgia?  Having to recruit against good recruiters isn't new or different.  Every school in the SEC does it.  We did it too until Gus couldn't keep up. Saban and Kirby are easy excuses.  Fact is you won't out recruit them with the likes Kodi, JB Grimes, or Rhett Lashlee.  Gus' offensive staff hires and forethought was on par with his level of ability.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Then how did other schools get talent from Alabama and Georgia?  Having to recruit against good recruiters isn't new or different.  Every school in the SEC does it.  We did it too until Gus couldn't keep up. Saban and Kirby are easy excuses.  Fact is you won't out recruit them with the likes Kodi, JB Grimes, or Rhett Lashlee.  Gus' offensive staff hires and forethought was on par with his level of ability.

1) obviously getting talent vs 5*s is not the same thing - generally they get who they usually want 2) There’s never been a time in our history when both uat and uga were elite simultaneously.- which is our base footprint 3) I agree. Gus did not have elite recruiters/staff. But just as important - his scheme didn’t translate well to the nfl and was being criticized by scouts - ie stidham (which is a major problem for the 5*’s)

Edited by auburnatl1