Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Liberty's offense doesn't seem to be setting the world on fire this year, however that defense is looking good.

image.png

Well they have been down to their second and third string QB for several games. That would do it.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well they have been down to their second and third string QB for several games. That would do it.

Wasn't aware of that. That explains some of it. It would be interesting to see what Hugh could do at Auburn. I'd be worried about recruiting off the bat.

Gus should've hired him in a rehab assignment a couple years ago im

• Like 1

Sorry, but I will never be able to get on board with Freeze. Forget the obvious reasons.....every time I see him I think of Blaster from Mad Max.

image.png.74841fde99e88da54483a2ca090dcf7d.png

Quitting Red99 [Archive] - Project 1999

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Sorry, but I will never be able to get on board with Freeze. Forget the obvious reasons.....every time I see him I think of Blaster from Mad Max.

Football guy. I thought it was hilarious.

6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

WHO RUN BARTERTOWN?

About this coaching search: Were I forced to put money on one of the candidates, I'd put it on Freeze. He's not my first choice so this isn't drum beating or rooting for him, but I think he'll be the first one offered the job. Also, if it's offered to him I see no way he turns it down.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Like us 2d half of last season?

And most of this season. 

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Like us 2d half of last season?

Right except we loss to Arkansas with our second string QB and he won with his third.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Hopefully we get Freeze and all of you claiming to be done will stop posting.  We need to purge the board of dumb takes. I highly doubt it though.  Just remember you cannot enjoy the upcoming National Championship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Hopefully we get Freeze and all of you claiming to be done will stop posting.  We need to purge the board of dumb takes. I highly doubt it though.  Just remember you cannot enjoy the upcoming National Championship. 

That would be perfect! We have the dumbest fan base in sports. Auburn fans will find something wrong with EVERYTHING! Freeze isn't my first choice, but I would be OK if he is hired. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

The people who claim they will stop posting aren’t going to stop being fans , especially if there is success. 

• Like 1

I could get on board with Freeze and Grimes as OC, Caddy as RB/AHC. 

Blanking on a DC at the moment. I would like someone from the Saban/Kirby tree if possible. I want a Rodney Garner like guy leading the charge. 

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

I could get on board with Freeze and Grimes as OC, Caddy as RB/AHC. 

Blanking on a DC at the moment. I would like someone from the Saban/Kirby tree if possible. I want a Rodney Garner like guy leading the charge. 

Grimes is not coming as OC. He is looking for a HC job. 

• Like 1

Q- is there a ideal version of staff if Caddy could become coach? With the enthusiasm and possible recruiting lift he brings, and I realize he has much to learn to be a solid HC, is there someone he could hire as “associate HC” if you will for guidance?

Serious thoughts!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

I won't leave if Freeze becomes the head coach but i will probably be annoying as hell on here. Really hope you guys don't have to put up with that. lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Q- is there a ideal version of staff if Caddy could become coach? With the enthusiasm and possible recruiting lift he brings, and I realize he has much to learn to be a solid HC, is there someone he could hire as “associate HC” if you will for guidance?

Serious thoughts!

Him winning out or being competitive will allow for him to build a strong resume for head coach at other places or to be retained as a potential associate head coach here. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I won't leave if Freeze becomes the head coach but i will probably be annoying as hell on here. Really hope you guys don't have to put up with that. lol

Why?

On 11/6/2022 at 7:55 AM, Mikey said:

Auburn is really in a good spot. I would  like Prime/Kiffin first. That would be the best option IMO. Prime would out a charge in our program that no other candidate could. Kiffin would turn us around faster than any other candidate..

I would be cool with Freeze or even Grimes...
If we end up with one of these four, I think we would be in good shape. 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, woodford said:

Wasn't aware of that. That explains some of it. It would be interesting to see what Hugh could do at Auburn. I'd be worried about recruiting off the bat.

Gus should've hired him in a rehab assignment a couple years ago im

I think the SEC put a Freeze on that because Saben was set to hire him as an analyst after his show cause was up but Sankey put a stop to that.

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

It wouldn’t be as bad as the Deion groupies on here. Kind of dreading next season if we don’t hire him. 

:: Auburn goes 3 and out ::

”Deion would’ve gotten us the athletes to get a first down!!!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GAAubie said:

Why?

Some people are struggling acknowledging that freeze and urban polarize people. Grimes may underwhelm, but he doesn’t cause people to go nuts. My main issue with freeze is the Gus 2.0 thing.  But imo his other issue is he causes a primal reaction for some - it’s a fact of life - and we don’t need baked in fan divisiveness.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1