Hartwell close call

Taker

This could explain why Hartwell wasn't brought in as many ha e speculated he was for sure the next AD. 

Seems that Robert's Knew what he was doing and avoided a black mark on Auburn in the arena of public opinion for now. 

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2022/11/03/newly-resigned-utah-state/

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Taker said:

This could explain why Hartwell wasn't brought in as many ha e speculated he was for sure the next AD. 

Seems that Robert's Knew what he was doing and avoided a black mark on Auburn in the arena of public opinion for now. 

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2022/11/03/newly-resigned-utah-state/

Alot were upset when Hartwell didn't get the job cause we wouldn't get alignment 

9 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I have read several articles regarding this. My only question would be why was he pursuing a different AD job if his ultimate intent was to retire immediately?

I'm not sure if you've been there before, but when you have a big change in jobs/career path, and it involves uprooting your family, it causes you to really evaluate your life equation, i.e. what's most important in life and what really matters. My assumption, and it's just my assumption, is that as he thought, talked, and met with others through this interviewing process, he and his wife/family likely really re-evaluated what was most important in their lives at this point in time. I can respect a man who has a big opportunity in front of him and realizes it's either too big, or is not right for him and/or the family at this point in life, rather than taking it and blowing it, and causing unnecessary pain and unhappiness professionally and personally. 

I wish someone *cough*Harsin*cough* could have had this kind of foresight and consideration for his family/himself. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I have read serveral articles regarding this. My only question would be why was he pursuing a different AD job if his ultimate intent was to retire immediately?

With the sexual assault lawsuit from a player + the Hartwell repeating of a vulgar joke all of the sudden leaking out, one could assume Hartwell's intent pivoted 180 degrees and retirement became immediate. ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I'm not sure if you've been there before, but when you have a big change in jobs/career path, and it involves uprooting your family, it causes you to really evaluate your life equation, i.e. what's most important in life and what really matters. My assumption, and it's just my assumption, is that as he thought, talked, and met with others through this interviewing process, he and his wife/family likely really re-evaluated what was most important in their lives at this point in time. I can respect a man who has a big opportunity in front of him and realizes it's either too big, or is not right for him and/or the family at this point in life, rather than taking it and blowing it, and causing unnecessary pain and unhappiness professionally and personally. 

I wish someone *cough*Harsin*cough* could have had this kind of foresight and consideration for his family/himself. 

I highly doubt this was the reason. And Harsin family is covered for the near and long future. So apparently he did look out for his family. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I highly doubt this was the reason. And Harsin family is covered for the near and long future. So apparently he did look out for his family. 

Sure he's got money for his family, but his reputation is a bit tarnished.

I definitely prefaced it with that was just my assumption. What's yours? Why would a highly successful athletic director who was considered for a top 10-15 football program who's considered a pioneer in NIL no longer be working as an athletic director?

Edited by AUINSY

7 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I definitely prefaced it with that was just my assumption. What's yours? Why would a highly successful athletic director who was considered for a top 10-15 football program who's considered a pioneer in NIL no longer be working as an athletic director?

Good point. Hartwell had numerous family ties to AU. I’m not on the inside of info like many on this board, but it’s college aged kids and  there will always be mistakes made on any AD,s or HC,s watch. It is unavoidable. I think when Hartwell wasn’t given the job, maybe he just thought, it’s time to head back South and spend time with my loved ones. Just my thought. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Stop it man . His reputation is fine besides by people at Auburn. He going to get his money and move on. 

probably because unnerving things occurring beneath the scenes . Where there is smoke there is usually fire. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

I don't know anything about a vulgar joke, 👇 but something along those lines makes a lot more sense in relation to a last minute, complete, 180* life change than something like posted above. He wasn't applying to be a level 2 training coach at Chick-fil-A. He was flying across the country for a major promotion as the AD of an SEC school. I'm sure all the nuances of that decision had been discussed already with his family. I can't imagine the morning of the flight he thought, ' perhaps I should chat with my wife about this'.

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

With the sexual assault lawsuit from a player + the Hartwell repeating of a vulgar joke all of the sudden leaking out, one could assume Hartwell's intent pivoted 180 degrees and retirement became immediate. ?

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Actually more logical to me that he found out this information about the joke was getting out .

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I specifically asked did all of this happen with his watch. Of course this wasn’t talked about 

Bro, we just needed to be  all "alligned". He was our best chance 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Stop it man . His reputation is fine besides by people at Auburn. He going to get his money and move on. 

probably because unnerving things occurring beneath the scenes . Where there is smoke there is usually fire. 

…ok…

Just now, AUINSY said:

…ok…

I am just saying , are you going to be worried about what a subset of people are saying when you got 15 mil and leaving the state ? I don’t believe for a second this Hartwell guy just came to some sort of clarity that he wants to retire and move down south.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am just saying , are you going to be worried about what a subset of people are saying when you got 15 mil and leaving the state ? I don’t believe for a second this Hartwell guy just came to some sort of clarity that he wants to retire and move down south.

Re: Harsin, when my face has been plastered on every sports screen for the past 12 months on being on the hot seat and having a “when will they fire him?” timer, it won’t give me warm fuzzies. Especially when I walk into my next interview.
Re: Hartwell, that makes a lot more sense to me than “I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that he quoted an inappropriate joke, so he should just quit his job”. I could be wrong. But the super offended and delicate society we live in, it’s plausible. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Re: Harsin, when my face has been plastered on every sports screen for the past 12 months on being on the hot seat and having a “when will they fire him?” timer, it won’t give me warm fuzzies. Especially when I walk into my next interview.
Re: Hartwell, that makes a lot more sense to me than “I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that he quoted an inappropriate joke, so he should just quit his job”. I could be wrong. But the super offended and delicate society we live in, it’s plausible. 

I am going to tell you right now , majority of the nation does not care and think Auburn is never happy. He will have a job in a year or two. 

omfg alright guy. You are one of those . I am good on the discussion .

Edited by DAG
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right back ‘atcha, guy ✌️

Edited by AUINSY

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am going to tell you right now , majority of the nation does not care and think Auburn is never happy. He will have a job in a year or two. 

If we Objectively compare the national perception of Harsin and the national perception of Auburn and our Administration in the world of college football at this moment.  Which one gets the benefit of the doubt, compassion and understanding?

Hint: With AU’s history of dysfunction, it ain’t us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

If we Objectively compare the national perception of Harsin and the national perception of Auburn and our Administration in the world of college football at this moment.  Which one gets the benefit of the doubt, compassion and understanding?

Hint: With AU’s history of dysfunction, it ain’t us.

Exactly but people don’t do that. I literally was at a conference with a Baylor fan and I asked what he thought about Grimes. More importantly , is thought about Auburn was that we should’ve kept Gus and we are doing too much to be like Bama. Now obviously he is wrong but that’s the general concept. So people who think CBH reputation is messed up is about to be in for a sad awakening of reality. 

• Like 1