Sunny Hostin Compares White Suburban Women Voting Republican to ‘Roaches Voting For Raid’

Auburn85

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sunny-hostin-compares-white-suburban-women-voting-republican-to-roaches-voting-for-raid/

The View’s Sunny Hostin held a contentious tete-a-tete with co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin when she likened White, suburban, Republican-supporting female voters to “roaches” asking for pesticide.

The dust-up happened on Thursday as The View discussed whether Republicans have done a better job than Democrats of making their case to voters ahead of the midterm elections. Hostin got in on this by citing a poll and expressing her surprise that Republican efforts to limit abortion haven’t drawn greater opposition from female suburban voters.

“I read a poll just yesterday that White Republican suburban women are now going to vote Republican,” Hostin said. “It’s almost like roaches voting for Raid, right?”

Hostin explained it as “they’re voting against their own self-interest,” though Farah Griffin interjected to call that “insulting to the voter.”

The two continued to talk over each other as Hostin claimed those women were voting to live in The Handmaid’s Tale, while Farah Griffin retorted “do we love democracy or not? People make decisions of what’s right for their family.”

Farah Griffin challenged Hostin by noting “you had a different view on abortion not that long ago! Why is another woman not able to have a different view?”

Hostin answered that that was her personal view, “but I am very surprised that White Republican suburban women are voting against their own healthcare.”

“I have not really recently evolved on the issue,” Hostin contended. “I am Catholic, that is my faith. I believe that abortion is wrong, for me. There’s a separation between state, government, and church. I do not have the right to tell someone else. however, they are voting against their own self-interests.”

The conversation moved on from there as the panel concluded voters make their decisions based on several priorities, not just singular issues.

Like I keep saying.....Dems and Pubs are nothing but thugs. 

Gangsta GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

So White Suburban Women are cockroaches? 

my last ex was by gawd except she was country. grins but inside i am frowning because i have scars from time with her i never thought i would carry.

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

So White Suburban Women are cockroaches? 

No that would be a "metaphor".

The OP comment was actually a "simile", such as .... "rats abandoning a sinking ship". 

In other words, it's the action - in this case voting against your own interests - that is being compared, which is not exactly the same as calling someone a rat (or a roach).

Of course, a political speech writer or operative would naturally spin such a simile as a metaphor for obvious reasons.

Any questions?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:00 PM, Auburn85 said:

Only idiots and Democrats watch this program.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

The OP comment was actually a "simile", such as .... "rats abandoning a sinking ship". 

In other words, it's the action - in this case voting against your own interests - that is being compared, which is not exactly the same as calling someone a rat (or a roach).

Of course, a political speech writer or operative would naturally spin such a simile as a metaphor for obvious reasons.

Any questions?

Wow. You quite missed the freudian slip angle in all this huh?

EX: SH hates Nikki Haley because NH is a fraud because she doesnt use her real name, ONLY actually she does use her real name, unlike SH which doesnt use her real name and hides her real ethnicity. 😁

Freud·i·an slip
/ˌfroidēən ˈslip/

noun
  1. an unintentional error regarded as revealing subconscious feelings.

WANT TO KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARENT VOTING FOR YOUR CANDIDATES? YOU CALL THOSE VOTERS YOU NEED TO SWAY BACK TO YOUR SIDE NAMES, LIKE COCKROACHES.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Any questions?

Seriously homes, Why is that our side consistently hands the other side the club with which to bash our brains in on election day?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Seriously homes, Why is that our side consistently hands the other side the club with which to bash our brains in on election day?

I have asked myself that question many times.

I have concluded that it's partly due to the wide diversity of Democrats/liberals compared to Republicans/conservatives, who are far more monolithic. 

There are so many different groups on the left with various levels of passion and varying perspectives, there's always someone in the crowd who will pop off with a statement the right will seize on, amplify, and turn into a generalized characterization of liberals.  They are very good at taking advantage of such opportunities, while liberals are not. (See MTG and Jewish space lasers.)  

Regardless such generalizations seem to come easy to authoritarian types. (See Putin's speeches on U.S. culture.)  I guess it the need for authoritarians to position something or someone as a direct threat to rally support.

The only thing we really have in common - or at least should have - in common as Americans are democratic principles and values. 

But we are apparently losing agreement on those, thanks to the Republican gravitation toward autocracy.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I have asked myself that question many times.

I have concluded that it's partly due to the wide diversity of Democrats/liberals compared to Republicans/conservatives, who are far more monolithic. 

There are so many different groups on the left with various levels of passion and varying perspectives, there's always someone in the crowd who will pop off with a statement the right will seize on, amplify, and turn into a generalized characterization of liberals.  They are very good at taking advantage of such opportunities, while liberals are not. (See MTG and Jewish space lasers.)  

Regardless such generalizations seem to come easy to authoritarian types. (See Putin's speeches on U.S. culture.)  I guess it the need for authoritarians to position something or someone as a direct threat to rally support.

The only thing we really have in common - or at least should have - in common as Americans are democratic principles and values. 

But we are apparently losing agreement on those, thanks to the Republican gravitation toward autocracy.

I would say that the Jewish Space Lasers were very prominent in my world. They were one of the biggest memes this summer. I really think it is more likely that there are some that truly think that most of the nation is beneath them, and given ample time and video, some of that thinking comes to the surface. Deplorables and Such...

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I would say that the Jewish Space Lasers were very prominent in my world. They were one of the biggest memes this summer. I really think it is more likely that there are some that truly think that most of the nation is beneath them, and given ample time and video, some of that thinking comes to the surface. Deplorables and Such...

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.:rolleyes:

I have no problem with sincerely believing some people are deplorable. That's just reality.  I could name dozens of them starting with Trump and working my way down.

And I certainly don't think Hillary had "most of the nation" in mind when she used that term.

And BTW, one of those deplorables - Kevin McCarthy - will likely appoint Marjorie Taylor Green to the house judiciary committee if they take the house.

Ponder that.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

We need those "Deplorable" voters to elect the people to do things. Do you understand that? Calling people names is not swaying them to vote our way. You do see this right? Calling White Suburban Women cockroaches is not helping either. Do these people not have the ability to self monitor?

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

We need those "Deplorable" voters to elect the people to do things. Do you understand that? Calling people names is not swaying them to vote our way. You do see this right? Calling White Suburban Women cockroaches is not helping either. Do these people not have the ability to self monitor?

I often wonder that about you.  

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

And BTW, one of those deplorables - Kevin McCarthy - will likely appoint Marjorie Taylor Green to the house judiciary committee if they take the house.

Ponder that.

Paybacks are hell.  Get out and vote, I already have.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I often wonder that about you.  

I often wonder if some of the Left Leadership dont like being out of power. They have the issues to win and win big. Instead they scream:

ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! 

For 6 years and then blow the election talking about Abortion and some far off concept like "Democracy" while the Voters are worried to death about Inflation, Economy, Jobs, Education, Gas Prices, etc? Feeding your kids is today's worry. Democracy? That will have wait till the kids are fed.

You have to win elections to legislate. Instead, we focus on bubble issues and get our asses handed to us by idiots like MTG, DJT, Herschel Walker, Tuberville, etc.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

I often wonder if some of the Left Leadership dont like being out of power. They have the issues to win and win big. Instead they scream:

ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!! 

For 6 years and then blow the election talking about Abortion and some far off concept like "Democracy" while the Voters are worried to death about Inflation, Economy, Jobs, Education, Gas Prices, etc? Feeding your kids is today's worry. Democracy? That will have wait till the kids are fed.

You have to win elections to legislate. Instead, we focus on bubble issues and get our asses handed to us by idiots like MTG, DJT, Herschel Walker, Tuberville, etc.

Exhibit "A"

:laugh:

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Exhibit "A"

:laugh:

And you wonder why we lose to the idiots.....:o

Edited by DKW 86

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And you wonder why you lose to the idiots.....:o

Where did I say that?  I didn't.

Now, you going to declare me a "liar"?   After, that's your M.O., right?

Money at 3:15

WSJ Poll: 27 POINT SWING in White Suburban Female Voters toward the GOP. NOW GOP 15%+among WSW.  Gee and I wonder how that happened...

Democrat Leaders said that Abortion would swing THIS GROUP TO THEM. They horribly misread the room.

Edited by DKW 86

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Where did I say that?  I didn't.

Now, you going to declare me a "liar"?   After, that's your M.O., right?

Right on time, say something that no one said. Just for you I cleaned it up to WE.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

For 6 years and then blow the election talking about Abortion and some far off concept like "Democracy" while the Voters are worried to death about Inflation, Economy, Jobs, Education, Gas Prices, etc?

She thinks people will believe her.