Do Republicans bear any blame for the Pelosi attack?

aubiefifty

31 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Racially based ?  By whom Gomer ?  Certainly racially-based by the man who had "Kill Whitey" tattooed on his face.  His motives were, by association, and by the baton he was carrying, to intimidate White voters.  It was a "White" district.  What if there had been Klansmen with "Kill N......." in a predominantly Black precinct ?  Then all Hell would have broken loose, and rightfully so.

You don't seem to be aware of much history from the first half of the 20th century, say from 1950 to 1970.  What do you mean by whom?

Of course the activity by Black Panthers was  "racially motivated".  duuuuh!

The question is, since you posted it, WTH does that have to do with the political violence of today?

Edited by homersapien

33 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

You gloss over culpability.  The intimidation and/or violence should be condemned by both sides.  And it's not a "you go first" reaction that should come from either party.  Each party supporter should condemn these vulgarities.

Those who trespassed, vandalized, or created mayhem on 1/6/20 are in the process of being prosecuted.  When we see cities burned to the ground like Baltimore or Ferguson, MO or various cities in the northwest, by Antifa (the fake justice warriors), costing billions of $$$$$ and there have been no prosecutions and the Democrat leadership doesn't condemn it ?  Then that is a serious problem for America.

Returning to the false allegation that DePape is a right-wing supporter is ridiculous, and he isn't a left-wing supporter.  He owes allegiance to the voices in his head and that's all.

First, I reject the proposition that Democrats don't - or didn't - condemn violent riots, such as occurred with the "BLM" riots.  That's BS.

As is the inference that somehow Democrats bear responsibility for racially-based riots then or now.  BS.

And regardless of the allegation that DePage is a right wing supporter, it is clear to any objective observer that there is a tendency among many MAGA supporters to promote violence as a political solution - thus all the weaponry and tactical gear.  Patriot Front and Oathkeepers are far better examples of this phenomenon than a single act by an attempted murderer.  (Although delving into his background is fair game.)

And any reasonable person would recognize MAGA's have demonized people like Pelosi - and ironically enough - Pence, thus their stated intentions of killing them both during the Jan.6 riots.

And it's not just me who recognizes this, as evidenced by some of the opinion pieces I have posted.  Obviously, you can choose to be blind to this as you wish.

Time will tell.  Either this trend of MAGAs to promote or threaten violence will attenuate or it will grow.  I expect it to grow.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, I reject the proposition that Democrats don't - or didn't - condemn violent riots, such as occurred with the "BLM" riots.  That's BS.

As is the inference that somehow Democrats bear responsibility for racially-based riots then or now.  BS.

And regardless of the allegation that DePage is a right wing supporter, it is clear to any objective observer that there is a tendency among many MAGA supporters to promote violence as a political solution - thus all the weaponry and tactical gear.  Patriot Front and Oathkeepers are far better examples of this phenomenon than a single act by an attempted murderer.  (Although delving into his background is fair game.)

And any reasonable person would recognize MAGA's have demonized people like Pelosi - and ironically enough - Pence, thus their stated intentions of killing them both during the Jan.6 riots.

And it's not just me who recognizes this, as evidenced by some of the opinion pieces I have posted.  Obviously, you can choose to be blind to this as you wish.

Time will tell.  Either this trend of MAGAs to promote or threaten violence will attenuate or it will grow.  I expect it to grow.

First, where did I comment that there were racially-based riots ?  I didn't.  You are putting words into my mouth.

What Dems condemned any of these riots listed in this Axios article that cost over $1 billion in property damage and the loss of thousands of jobs ?   Not even Muriel Bowser would condemn the destruction of her own city that was being committed by Dems while it was happening.  What's your answer homer ?  Beuller ?  Anyone ?   NONE !

Exclusive: $1 billion-plus riot damage is most expensive in insurance history (axios.com)

The damage done to the Capitol ?  $1.5 million. Capitol riot defendants asked to pay for damages in plea deals - The Washington Post  No jobs lost.

You mean the tactical gear like this ?

See the source image

Demonizing people like Pelosi ?  How about when Maxine Waters, et al, demanded that Democrats run Republicans out of the public domain ?  To get in their faces ?  I guess you don't remember that ?  Or was such even reported on MSNBC ?

The threat by Antifa will most likely far outgrow any violence by the right.  The Axios article gives credence to that, unless you can show how much damage has been caused by the right.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Chuck Schumer:  shouting that Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh would "pay the price" for refusing to rule the way liberals wanted.

Nancy Pelosi: praised left-wing activists for channeling "their righteous anger into meaningful action.

Maxie Waters: Instructs a crowd of angry activists to harass members of the Trump administration and supporters if they saw them in person

Charles Booker (D): wears a noose in a new ad criticizing Rand Paul

Mary Lemanski (D): Used Rittenhouse case to mock Waukesha tragedy

Barack Obama: Campaign ad displayed Paul Ryan pushing an old lady in a wheelchair over the side of a cliff

Barack Obama: Campaign ad blaming Mitt Romney for a woman's death from cancer.

Hillary Clinton: During the 2016 campaign repeatedly has called Republicans Nazis and terrorist

Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass: “people need to start taking to the streets”

Democrat Statements.docx