Do Republicans bear any blame for the Pelosi attack?

aubiefifty

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, I suggest you start paying attention to the news and educate yourself.  Such obliviousness of patriotic citizens - such as yourself - represents part of the danger to our country.

You can start with those news articles I posted.

I did not ask for suggestions. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I did not ask for suggestions. 

Of course not. 

Your lack of curiosity and disinterest is quite apparent. ;)

Edited by homersapien

20 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Think what you want. I appreciate most things you post.

This isn't about me or my posts.  It's about MAGAs threatening poll workers.

Maybe it strikes a nerve for me because my grandmother routinely worked at polling places.  The fact that anyone would threaten these people ranks right up there with sexually assaulting a child in my mind.

That you seem unaware it's happening is frightening.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Of course not. 

Your lack of curiosity and interest is quite apparent. ;)

Very curious. I do note a big difference in the “ social media “ world versus the world I live in daily. Believe me I do enjoy every day life to the fullest. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This isn't about me or my posts.  It's about MAGAs threatening poll workers.

Maybe it strikes a nerve for me because my grandmother routinely worked at polling places.  The fact that anyone would threaten these people ranks right up there with sexually assaulting a child in my mind.

The fact you seem unaware it's happening is frightening.

Was your grandmother ever threatened?

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Very curious. I do note a big difference in the “ social media “ world versus the world I live in daily. Believe me I do enjoy every day life to the fullest. 

Poll workers receiving threats is happening in the real world - the same world in which you live.  And it's a direct threat to our democracy, which you are lucky to live in.

You aren't doing yourself any favors by ignoring them or pretending they aren't relevant to your world.

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Was your grandmother ever threatened?

No. 

I never even imagined she might be until it started happening in 2020. In fact, I never even imagined it could happen to anyone until I started reading about it occurring. 

Guess I am just naively old-fashioned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's about MAGAs threatening poll workers.

You mean like this ? 

In 2008 Heath #seen here looking at the camera) was arrested on charges of voter intimation after he was filmed outside a polling place in Philadelphia in paramilitary garb carrying a nightstick (seen in his left hand)

During the 2008 Presidential election, this Black Panther had "Kill Whitey" tattooed on his face and was intimidating White people at the polls by direct physical confrontation while carrying a Billy club.  So, Gomer, do you think Democrats "bear any blame for introducing the generalized prospect of using violence against the political opposition as possibly appropriate?"

Leader of the Black Panthers who sports a tattoo reading 'Kill Whitey' on his cheek is arrested for carrying an unlicensed loaded weapon while wearing a bullet proof vest | Daily Mail Online

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Making threats to poll workers is neither normal or acceptable in any democracy, much less ours.

I agree, intimidation of any kind should not be permitted at the polls.  Unfortunately, it happens.  America will always improve though.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The question is not about blame.  The question is more about their total lack of empathy.

One of the biggest reasons I no longer vote Republican is their lack of basic human decency in the political realm.

Clearly Republicans " lack of basic human decency in the political realm"? Your blind twisted leftist ideology has completely left you devoid of any ability to rationally think!

Leftist Strange Logic.jpg

Edited by keywest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, keywest said:

Clearly Republicans " lack of basic human decency in the political realm"? Your blind twisted leftist ideology has completely left you devoid of any ability to rationally think!

Leftist Strange Logic.jpg

I genuinely love this post.  It is beautiful.  It is perfectly descriptive of who many of us are.  It is void of any context, any principles.  It is soley about personalities.

Bad:  Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, people demanding social justice

Good: Donald Trump, believing what you have SEEN for yourself to be a lie, angry people destroying the capital while carrying Trump flags, Confederate flags, Nazi flags.

The real context here is quite striking.  We aren't divided by politics as much as basic, fundamental good and bad.

Thank you.  This is a great, great post!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

You mean like this ? 

In 2008 Heath #seen here looking at the camera) was arrested on charges of voter intimation after he was filmed outside a polling place in Philadelphia in paramilitary garb carrying a nightstick (seen in his left hand)

During the 2008 Presidential election, this Black Panther had "Kill Whitey" tattooed on his face and was intimidating White people at the polls by direct physical confrontation while carrying a Billy club.  So, Gomer, do you think Democrats "bear any blame for introducing the generalized prospect of using violence against the political opposition as possibly appropriate?"

Leader of the Black Panthers who sports a tattoo reading 'Kill Whitey' on his cheek is arrested for carrying an unlicensed loaded weapon while wearing a bullet proof vest | Daily Mail Online

I agree, intimidation of any kind should not be permitted at the polls.  Unfortunately, it happens.  America will always improve though.  

Yes, exactly like that.  Exactly.

But I don't think Democrats were strong supporters of the Black Panthers nor do I think "Kill Whitey" came from anyone in the Democratic party.  This was (obviously) racially-based, not partisan-based.

If you disagree, perhaps you can provide some evidence to support your case.

Regardless, the current intimidation is clearly emanating from MAGA Republicans who actually believe the lies about the election being stolen from Trump.

Bottom line, that was a pretty mindless (stupid) "whataboutism" even coming from you. :ucrazy:;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, people demanding social justice

You missed the; by violent means, in their statements, but that’s typical.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You missed the; by violent means, in their statements, but that’s typical.

Violence as an answer to injustice or, violence as a means of overturning a valid election, violence for the sake of refusing to reckognize injustice,,,

When the neo Nazis, the Confederates, the Proud Boys, the Patriot Prayer, the Oath Keepers are on your side,,,, you should question your beliefs.  When you hold up Donald Trump as a good righteous, honest symbol of your beliefs,,, you should question your beliefs.

Violence is wrong but, the motivations are still important.  Context still matters.  And don't forget, there are multiple examples of right wing groups promoting violence at some of the social justice protests.

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Violence is wrong but,

As soon as you use *but* anything in front of that become irrelevant.  You are saying violence is important if it is used for social justice and it isn’t.

52 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Bottom line, that was a pretty mindless (stupid) "whataboutism"

Have you read this thread?

46 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Violence as an answer to injustice or, violence as a means of overturning a valid election, violence for the sake of refusing to reckognize injustice,,,

When the neo Nazis, the Confederates, the Proud Boys, the Patriot Prayer, the Oath Keepers are on your side,,,, you should question your beliefs.  When you hold up Donald Trump as a good righteous, honest symbol of your beliefs,,, you should question your beliefs.

Violence is wrong but, the motivations are still important.  Context still matters.  And don't forget, there are multiple examples of right wing groups promoting violence at some of the social justice protests.

The prototypical twisted blind leftist response if it doesn't validate YOUR ideology! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Yes, exactly like that.  Exactly.

But I don't think Democrats were strong supporters of the Black Panthers nor do I think "Kill Whitey" came from anyone in the Democratic party.  This was (obviously) racially-based, not partisan-based.

Racially based ?  By whom Gomer ?  Certainly racially-based by the man who had "Kill Whitey" tattooed on his face.  His motives were, by association, and by the baton he was carrying, to intimidate White voters.  It was a "White" district.  What if there had been Klansmen with "Kill N......." in a predominantly Black precinct ?  Then all Hell would have broken loose, and rightfully so.

You gloss over culpability.  The intimidation and/or violence should be condemned by both sides.  And it's not a "you go first" reaction that should come from either party.  Each party supporter should condemn these vulgarities.

Those who trespassed, vandalized, or created mayhem on 1/6/20 are in the process of being prosecuted.  When we see cities burned to the ground like Baltimore or Ferguson, MO or various cities in the northwest, by Antifa (the fake justice warriors), costing billions of $$$$$ and there have been no prosecutions and the Democrat leadership doesn't condemn it ?  Then that is a serious problem for America.

Returning to the false allegation that DePape is a right-wing supporter is ridiculous, and he isn't a left-wing supporter.  He owes allegiance to the voices in his head and that's all.