Ze’Vian Capers to Hit the Portal

Zeek

Saw this one coming for quite some time. Just hasn’t gotten his way onto the  field. There’s upside but no production.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Saw this one coming for quite some time. Just hasn’t gotten his way onto the  field. There’s upside but no production.

He's a big play threat that played on a team where down field passing wasn't a strength and they saw it better to throw lobs to a 6ft guy rather than a 6'4" guy in the redzone.

Tragic

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's a big play threat that played on a team where down field passing wasn't a strength and they saw it better to throw lobs to a 6ft guy rather than a 6'4" guy in the redzone.

Tragic

I have felt this was a waste of talent for 2 years now. He showed some glimpses his Frosh year under Gus, but just hasn't been given opportunities the past 2 seasons. I was big time excited when we snagged him from Arky.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Tragic

I thought I was the only one that saw other teams having success with their long rangy receivers and here we are using shorter speedy receivers to try and get downfield behind a line that only allows quick hitters.

I have nothing against the shorter speedy guys, but it seemed futile to put them in an offense where most every pass is contested and the DBs are just as big. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hope it works for him on his next destination.  I thought he seemed to look fluid at times when a ball was thrown to him.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Hope it works for him on his next destination.  I thought he seemed to look fluid at times when a ball was thrown to him.

Are we sure he is leaving? Not sure what that tweet is suppose to mean..

• Haha 2

On 11/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

I have felt this was a waste of talent for 2 years now. He showed some glimpses his Frosh year under Gus, but just hasn't been given opportunities the past 2 seasons. I was big time excited when we snagged him from Arky.

After his Freshman year, I was hoping to see big things out of him.

• Like 1

I did not realize this was a thread from Nov. 1. Thought this was being announced today and thought it odd since he has a chance to make some noise in the new offense. That last tweet sounds like he may be coming back with the Freeze hire.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nurbis said:

I did not realize this was a thread from Nov. 1. Thought this was being announced today and thought it odd since he has a chance to make some noise in the new offense. That last tweet sounds like he may be coming back with the Freeze hire.  

Gotcha, I was confused also.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Are we sure he is leaving? Not sure what that tweet is suppose to mean..

Sure, there is a chance he's coming back but he literally stated "I'm putting my name in the transfer portal".  I don't think he's a guy we'd try to throw NIL money at to stay.

I also didn't realize this was a month old, so who knows

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’m glad it’s not just me that doesn’t understand the tweet! 🤪

I admit that I do not understand it either.  That said, I doubt he would be tweeting anything about Auburn, to King, unless he was at least contemplating staying.

Always hoped he would open up the Johns Creek/Alpharetta pipeline if we could show he can develop here.  A lot of athletes live and retire here.  

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

451397C7-D3DA-442D-B152-758A5DCACC96.gif

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Always hoped he would open up the Johns Creek/Alpharetta pipeline if we could show he can develop here.  A lot of athletes live and retire here.  

The retired ones I don’t think have good 40 times, their bench press is not as impressive as once was. They get up to pee to much at night, and probably don’t have any eligibility left!

LOL

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hopsing said:

The retired ones I don’t think have good 40 times, their bench press is not as impressive as once was. They get up to pee to much at night, and probably don’t have any eligibility left!

LOL

But they have "experience"???

I just read an ESPN article that said Capers has withdrawn his name from the portal.  Does anyone know if this is true?

• Like 1

Shockingly enough, it seems a lot of our receivers could be happy here with a competent coach.  Business is about to be picking up in the passing game, I hope the receivers who have had little opportunity to participate in the offense will give Freeze a chance.