Question About Freeze

Potatooooooes!!

On 11/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, Auburnguy101 said:

I’ll say this again. Do you realize how easy it would be to recruit against him? As well as it would be constant negative press for Auburn because of what he has done and continues to do. He is at the perfect university who’s president was part of the Baylor coverup scandal. That’s why they are perfect for each other. I don’t think people are using any common sense how difficult it would be to get any good players with him as a coach here. Also, his on the field product is pedestrian. He lost to freaking Memphis the 1 year he won 10 games at Old Miss. He’s literally Gus Malzahn without championships. Oh and he was 1-3 against Gus by the way. But yea, he’s the coach that us can’t miss, give me a break…

I'm going out on a limb here and saying your antifreeze?   

52 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Freeze is trash man. Look at his SEC record, it's Harsin like.

Did you seriously just screenshot his "record" after the NCAA stripped a million wins away from it and pretend like that's what it was lmao? 

Yes bro, I agree! He was 12-25 at Ole Miss! What the heck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

Did you seriously just screenshot his "record" after the NCAA stripped a million wins away from it and pretend like that's what it was lmao? 

You're a sharp one.

23 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

I'm going out on a limb here and saying your antifreeze?   

He's anti-everybody except Sanders. Mention a candidate other than Sanders and he goes into fault finding mode.

56 minutes ago, metafour said:

Why did you put record in quotations? Are you implying the NCAA makes these numbers up?

Yeah, I 'screenshot' his official 'record'. I'm all for coaches bangin 'hookers' I just don't want it done in 'Auburn' university, or with an 'orange' and 'blue' phone for that matter. 

:lol: 

In all seriousness, he could be on the straight and narrow (as far as SEC coaches go). He'd still not be my top pick, though I admit he'd also not be far from the top.

The point with freeze is  that we don’t have time for this. We have elite programs all over our recruiting footprint starving us to death.  And Auburns reputation has weakened. It’s a mess. We  just don’t have time for intense negative recruiting, even more snickering PR, head case’ing much of the fan base, and explaining to 17 yr olds that freeze accomplished things back when Obama was president. He’s a Liberty coach. That’s where he should be.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The point with freeze is  that we don’t have time for this. We have elite programs all over our recruiting footprint starving us to death.  And Auburns reputation has weakened. It’s a mess. We  just don’t have time for intense negative recruiting, even more snickering PR, head case’ing much of the fan base, and explaining to 17 yr olds that freeze accomplished things back when Obama was president. He’s a Liberty coach. That’s where he should be.

He’s at Liberty coaching, but he is way better than just a “Liberty coach “.   

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Negative recruiting is a reality no matter who is the coach.  It's part of it.  Winning is the only protection.

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

He’s at Liberty coaching, but he is way better than just a “Liberty coach “.   

Yes. And petrino is way better than a Missouri st coach. They made choices and we don’t have time to live with them. 

• Love 1

Up one side and down the other. Yet, he continually downplays his favorites past sins and transgressions.  His candidate can become a changed man and be forgiven. But not Danny Hugh. BTW, some of his candidates past sins aren't very pretty in this day and age. But I will leave it up to u to goggle for yourself. If I didn't know better, I would swear that Danny Hugh stole this cats milk money in elementary school every day.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yes. And petrino is way better than a Missouri st coach. They made choices and we don’t have time to live with them. 

At least you’ve gotten something right in this discussion.    

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

At least you’ve gotten something right in this discussion.    

I’m not picking on freeze or any coach that imploded or fell out of grace. Judging no one. But when you’re drowning in the swimming pool you don’t have time to take on a project. Coaching is more than just ability, it’s the reputation they bring. IMO We’re not in the right place for a fixer upper that will cause major divisions and distractions.

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m not picking on freeze or any coach that imploded or fell out of grace. Judging no one. But when you’re drowning in the swimming pool you don’t have time to take on a project. Coaching is more than just ability, it’s the reputation they bring. IMO We’re not in the right place for a fixer upper that will cause major divisions and distractions.

I would be good with any of Deion, Danny Hugh or Lane. What is not good is not judging them equally. It fair to question Danny Hugh's past. But do that equally with the other 2 that's all I'm saying

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I would be good with any of Deion, Danny Hugh or Lane. What is not good is not judging them equally. It fair to question Danny Hugh's past. But do that equally with the other 2 that's all I'm saying

Couldn’t agree more.  The second moral judgements start - redemption vs pariah debates  - I simply see that as a distraction. Internal and external.  We just don’t have time to endlessly debate ethics. This has to be about unifying and defining our biggest problem, recruiting in the middle of alpha programs everywhere hell.  And who can best attack it. OC’s and DC’s do most of the coaching.

Edited by auburnatl1

Not going to respond to people personally. However, completely wrong in that I don’t want anyone but Deion. I have said that I would support the Auburn coach unless it was Freeze. I know Deion’s past transgressions and he has done a 180 since then. Freeze continues to show his true self. If Freeze had come out and apologize and atone for what he did and then showed everyone he had changed like Deion has, that would be one thing. But Freeze continues to use religion as a mask for his true self. And I’m not stupid, I know many coaches have affairs and other things. However, very few of those coaches have done what he has done and continues to do. So yea, I’m not sorry I can’t support someone that CONTINUES TO SHOW POOR JUDGMENT AND BEHAVIOR. Also, I have pointed out in the beginning that all of these candidates have flaws and I have already stated that Deion is a risk. However, IN MY OPINION, I believe Deion has the highest ceiling. I will apologize if I come across as being confrontational or attacking, I really do not mean to do that. However, with Freeze, yea, it really disappoints me that any Auburn fan would want him. And I’ll say this, even if he had no recent issues, I would still put him as number 9 or 10. He’s a direct clone of Gus. Will get you 8-9 wins a year but continuously lose games they have no business losing. I’m sorry, I’m tired of that trend. He was also 1-3 against Gus, and with his best roster ever that won 10 games, he lost to a bad Arkansas team, FREAKING MEMPHIS and got blown out by UF. I’m sorry that I’m no where near impressed with Freeze on the field as well…