We will have to be patient with the next coach

TeamZero77

Define patience.  The right coach needs two cycles.  We're a sleeping giant.  Just watch (sorry, couldn't resist).  But for real ...

09A1CC9A-FD02-4DB3-B846-121D2A8B7768.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

hate that everybody looks at us this way. I know what we're capable of. If we're aligned and all pulling in the same direction, we can do what Georgia and Clemson have been doing. I've seen it. Nobody outside of our fanbase seems to agree.

Sorry to break to you, but you are partially wrong.   Auburn has never sustained a level of consistency (10 plus wins a year) in its history.   The public beating that comes our way a lot of times is justified and self inflicted.   Can Auburn get to a level of excellence? With  the perfect hire it can.   Auburn’s problem has always been will it go after the best choice.   Chizik was the perfect example of how things go at Auburn.   It hired a losing coach that brought auburn a national title only to turn around and have one of the worst seasons in Auburn history.   

Of course we'll need to show patience as long as there is progress!  Some of the examples listed in this thread have issues among them.  For instance, Mark Stoops has UK competitive but has a rather lackluster record.  A quick search shows he is 64-56 (53.3%) in his 10th season; 31-48 (39.2%) in the SEC, playing in the East (read: weaker) division.  He's had more 5 wins seasons that 10 win seasons.  I'm not sure we're gonna be THAT patient!! 

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Define patience.  The right coach needs two cycles.  We're a sleeping giant.  Just watch (sorry, couldn't resist).  But for real ...

09A1CC9A-FD02-4DB3-B846-121D2A8B7768.jpeg

Go hire this cigar boy!

17 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Our next coach will be starting out with the cupboard bare. Our previous coaches came in and had talented rosters with depth left for them by the previous regime. This coach won't get that.

No matter what coach we hire, we have to be patient with him because this won't be a Terry Bowden 1993 or Gus 2013 type of deal. Even Tuberville, Chizik and Harsin received rosters that could compete immediately. 

I'm a very patient person and I'm fine if it takes a few years for us to get back to where we can contend with the top teams. As long as our coach continues to show improvement and the players never quit on him, I'll be perfectly fine with that. 

Harsin never showed me one area of improvement during his tenure. Everything that he touched, he made worse from how Gus left it. That's why he had to be fired. He always talked about cancer in the locker room having to be cut out to move forward, well he was cancer and that cancer had spread and it HAD to be cut out.

WDE

All true but previously mentioned coaching staffs did not have the portal or Auburn’s NIL money.