Kiffin

auburnatl1

I’m team Kiffin! It’s time for Joey Freshwater to ascend to his permanent thrown!

image.gif.333992b2deef0525be42de2694c5314f.gif

Gotta admit…,I am starting to come around on the idea of Primetime.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

This is what comes to mind  with Kiffin. His enthusiasm is overwhelming

Kiffin does have the personality of a jug of stumpwater in person.  But u put him in front of a phone with twitter or a keyboard and he's a quote machine. Kinda like us posters

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Kiffin does have the personality of a jug of stumpwater in person.  But u put him in front of a phone with twitter or a keyboard and he's a quote machine. Kinda like us posters

He looks like Joey Freshwater rolled right into that clip from the night before, without seeing his bedroom or a shower.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's not how he gathers his talent. Ole' Miss was ranked #2 nationally in the portal rankings behind only Southern Cal. https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferTeamRankings/

You know who that reminds me of? Jackie Sherrill at MSU was infamous for building teams out of JUCOs with the occasional transfer. In the pre-Twitter era, Sherrill was also known for his periodic snarky comments, much as Kiffen is now for his tweets. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

True. Safe hire, with SEC head coaching experience and the money to be spent… Stoops may be the best choice. But for whatever reason, no one is even mentioning him.

Freeze would probably be the most affordable, but may be the most risk? I don’t know, just my two cents.

🤷‍♂️

IMO, Stoops’ offense won’t work in big time CFB. 20 years ago…sure. Not anymore. 

As I keep saying regarding Freeze, hire Prime. If Prime fails, I guaran-damn-tee Freeze can be had wherever he’s at…which will likely still be in Lynchburg, VA.

• Like 1

Before this thread rolls off quickly into oblivion, that’s my fear. Blah.  No passion. Bring purely speculative, I imagine a 16-17 yr old listening to Lane and then Prime. Not sure it’s even a fair fight. Plus, as was raised in other thread - if we hire Lane. who’s  ole miss going to immediately hire?… 

I believe Lane is a viable “1b”, but if we don’t go after Prime first or at least make sure he’s fully committed  to Jax st.  Not sure I want to see where this could go.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Viper said:

IMO, Stoops’ offense won’t work in big time CFB. 20 years ago…sure. Not anymore. 

As I keep saying regarding Freeze, hire Prime. If Prime fails, I guaran-damn-tee Freeze can be had wherever he’s at…which will likely still be in Lynchburg, VA.

I know, just seems like it will be an experienced safe hire. At this point (last week I wouldn’t have said this) I don’t see them going after Prime Time. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

if we don’t go after Prime first or at least make sure he’s fully committed  to Jax st.

As you know, Prime has stated on at least three occasions in the last three weeks on the question of P5 programs contacting him, “I would be a fool not to consider it.”

Once on 60 Minutes. Once on a SWAC Conference call. And once on ESPN Gameday. 

Does he need to say it on Twitter to make it official?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Viper said:

As you know, Prime has stated on at least three occasions in the last three weeks on the question of P5 programs contacting him, “I would be a fool not to consider it.”

Once on 60 Minutes. Once on a SWAC Conference call. And once on ESPN Gameday. 

Does he need to say it on Twitter to make it official?

Considering is not a yes.  He’s savvy. If not this year, he could wait till next year or the next and get another opening.  Just getting an offer further creditializes him down the road.   We’re the one in a hurry, he’s not.

Again, I’m a huge Prime guy. But imo we better have a crisp message. get compelling, and have an olive branch for jax st in some manner - or I think this is a tougher get then some think. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Considering is not a yes.  He’s savvy. If not this year, he could wait till next year or the next and get another opening.  Just getting an offer further creditializes him down the road.   We’re the one in a hurry, he’s not.

Again, I’m a huge Prime guy. But imo we better have a crisp message. get compelling, and have an olive branch for jax st in some manner - or I think this is a tougher get then some think. 

Considering he interviewed for the TCU and ARK HC positions recently plus one other, by all accounts, he did his homework on each program and came prepared for each interview. If Sonny Dykes had turned down the job, Prime would have been offered.

That tells me he wasn’t just testing the water.

Based off that, IMO, if AU offers him first, it’s a slam dunk “Yes Sir.”

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

Based off that, IMO, if AU offers him first, it’s a slam dunk “Yes Sir.”

Love the enthusiasm. In the one in a thousand chance I’m right, I’d still put together a compelling (ie we’re not nuts) and well thought out offer that acknowledges some of the issues that him leaving jax st  would cause.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Love the enthusiasm. In the one in a thousand chance I’m right, I’d still put together a compelling (ie we’re not nuts) and well thought out offer that acknowledges some of the issues that him leaving jax st  would cause.

What issues would those be?

36 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

He’s 56 years old, not 40. And I don’t see a guy like him coaching into his 70s. His window is shorter than most seem to think, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Jackie Sherrill at MSU was infamous for building teams out of JUCOs with the occasional transfer.

He sure was. Exactly who I’ve compared Kiffin’s portal recruiting to. And when Sherrill’s short wick JUCO candle finally burned out, Sylvester Croom replaced him.

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

What issues would those be?

1) ambition vs “a calling” - the jax st story has made him a national folk hero and it’s a feel good story. I saw his interviews but…

2) does he want the stress and headaches. He already has endless adulation with no PTB politics or beat uat now

3) Timing?

4) Right school? (Ie fsu)

In my experience, people that are purely money driven   (Kiffen) or have limited options (freeze)are much easier to predict (and control).  
We’ll play up the biggest aloha competition,  biggest stage, fixer upper, iron bowl, his assistants compensation, and money  - and it has major appeal. But people like Deion who are loaded and who’s priorities conflicted are…. complicated.

ps don’t have to sell me, sell prime

• Like 2

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

1) ambition vs “a calling” - the jax st story has made him a national folk hero and it’s a feel good story. I saw his interviews but…

2) does he want the stress and headaches. He already has endless adulation with no PTB politics or beat uat now

3) Timing?

4) Right school? (Ie fsu)

In my experience, people that are purely money driven   (Kiffen) or have limited options (freeze)are much easier to predict (and control).  
We’ll play up the biggest aloha competition,  biggest stage, fixer upper, iron bowl, his assistants compensation, and money  - and it has major appeal. But people like Deion who are loaded and who’s priorities conflicted are…. complicated.

ps don’t have to sell me, sell prime

Any AD worth their salt will vet all of those questions. No need to gleam interview questions off indeed.com. 

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Any AD worth their salt will vet all of those questions. No need to gleam interview questions off indeed.com. 

Huh? Ok

There's a catch 22 at work here with Lane. He's making a ton of money at Ole Miss and he's popular with the fans and alumni. His program seems like it's on the upswing. If he wants to leave now, and leave them in the lurch after only two years (and likely leave in the middle of the season), then I think he has no character or loyalty, and I don't want him because of that. Or there are problems in Ole Miss's program and he wants to get out of dodge before they surface, and I don't want him for that reason. Or he just gets bored after a couple of years and wants to move on.

Plus, just because he has been good at recruiting the portal doesn't mean he has to be crappy at recruiting high schools. What's up with that?

If I am the AD, no way I make serious run at Lane unless I sit in a conference room with him and he tells me to my face he has sincere interest in the job.

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Mark or Bob?

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

He’s 56 years old, not 40. And I don’t see a guy like him coaching into his 70s. His window is shorter than most seem to think, in my opinion. 

I’m 62. I thought I had infinite time. Crap. Is there something people aren’t telling me!!!

• Haha 1