2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

We have the opportunity for an earthshakingly great hire.

A coach that will automatically put us in a positive light. 
Take out the recruiting and X’s and O’s for a second and what we need is a coach who will automatically get us in a positive position in the college football landscape. Auburn is at 50 year low point. Yes we need a great coach and recruiter but we also need a coach who can re energize us and rehabilitate our image. 
Sanders is the man for the job.

Auburn could make history and change the whole image of who we are. 
He could turn us down, but we need to make him say no before we move on to someone else 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Take out the recruiting and X’s and O’s for a second and what we need is a coach who will automatically get us in a positive position in the college football landscape. Auburn is at 50 year low point. Yes we need a great coach and recruiter but we also need a coach who can re energize us and rehabilitate our image. 

He could turn us down, but we need to make him say no before we move on to someone else 

Preach bro. Preach

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, msza said:

I would be thrilled if we go with Deion.

My main concern though would be whether his recruiting mojo could survive a couple of seasons of 7-5/8-4ish results, which would probably be more realistic than not for a newcomer to the SEC (I'd love to be wrong, of course).

People just want to see progress. If we are 7-5, 8-4 and bringing in elite classes that’s progress.

Deion is the guy to get. My gosh goofy gene won a NC here! Granted the landscape of the SEC is much different 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Couldn't have said it better myself bro...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

People just want to see progress. If we are 7-5, 8-4 and bringing in elite classes that’s progress.

Deion is the guy to get. My gosh goofy gene won a NC here! Granted the landscape of the SEC is much different 

That almost made me spit my tea out sir... Goofy Gene 😂

Just now, autiger88 said:

That almost made me spit my tea out sir... Goofy Gene 😂

Like I said , I think Deion has the most upside . He would be my number #1

kiffin and Freeze are interchangeable for me afterwards

Rhule 3rd

Grimes if everyone said no.

All of these guys can be successful here in my opinion.  How many can get us over the hump is a different story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is my take simply put:

I see 4 coaches who could immediately make us SEC & possibly national contenders next year

Kiffin, Prime,Freeze, Rhuel.

Any other coach we hire would probably upgrade us next year, but would probably take 3 yrs or so to get us to be contenders....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

," white,," institution,? U lost me there?

Somebody literally said they don’t know if Deion Sanders can recruit at a predominantly white institution like Auburn. That Auburn Rex guy 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Somebody literally said they don’t know if Deion Sanders can recruit at a predominantly white institution like Auburn. That Auburn Rex guy 

Oh. Don't think that would be an issue.  But let's dream up something to worry about, shall we

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Deion Sanders could probably recruit in North Dakota.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

If we hired Deion.....

I'd bank on us immediately becoming the favorites for both Smith and Russaw.  Two immediate impact 5* kids.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw one of the 5* DBs in the state to start looking hard as us too.

That's just the surface.  Deion would have an impact that literally no other coach could have.  Back him with the NIL war chest we're building, give him literally 10x the money for a staff and it'll be an amazing amalgamation of NFL and college coaches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'm just waiting for the super coaching candidate that's a fantastic recruiter and fantastic strategist that has no questions.....

Right, everyone that wants to poke holes in Deion (which there are holes) acts like no one else has risks.

I'll take Deion, watching him amass a **** TON of talent and hope he can figure it out with million dollar OCs and DCs to help.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Hold on, this can’t be true. I’ve been told and have read by many people on here that Deion couldn’t recruit at this level. Yet, his name is being brought up by top recruits without being promoted. That can’t be true…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Preach bro. Preach

I'd make him say no for sure. Talent would roll into Auburn like no other......

The more I research and see the type of coaches he puts around himself, I could see Prime winning a lot of games here. He's in my top 2 now. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not just in the SEC but a “white” institution like Auburn

Was this deleted?  What moron did this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

This is my take simply put:

I see 4 coaches who could immediately make us SEC & possibly national contenders next year

Kiffin, Prime,Freeze, Rhuel.

Any other coach we hire would probably upgrade us next year, but would probably take 3 yrs or so to get us to be contenders....

What appeal does Rhuel have?  He has no connections to the area.  Yes, he slight won at historically bad schools....but it didn't win anything of consequence.  It's not like he's hanging his at on a Natty and coming back to the SEC guns blazing like Nick Saban.

I just don't see him as being a "bang" type hire

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I was about to post something very similar. Auburn has a unique opportunity to create real excitement. He is an inspiration to young people. In recruiting alone, with all the assets Auburn brings to the table, Deion would do an amazing job imo. The guy knows football and what it takes to have a winning staff too.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Right, everyone that wants to poke holes in Deion (which there are holes) acts like no one else has risks.

I'll take Deion, watching him amass a **** TON of talent and hope he can figure it out with million dollar OCs and DCs to help.

It was said Roberts hired Cohen cause of SEC exp. If they follow suit on the HC. It would be Freeze or Kiffin. Deion is 1 for me. But I think the guy will be Danny Hugh for the reason listed above as well as another very important reason......

Edited by NWALA Tiger

I would argue this is the worst situation maybe ever because UGA is now program level elite (at our expense). That’s a new one. Middle of our recruiting foot print. We’re becoming a recruiting afterthought and being starved, with currently a Vanderbilt roster.  And our rep isn’t great. Yes we have hidden potential, but how anyone thinks a non splash hire (prime or  - maybe maybe maybe lane) can fix this is an….. optimist.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The only "bang" hires are Sanders, Kiffen and Meyer.

Rhule would bring a bit of buzz and curiosity, is a smart coach with NFL experience now. He's not a sure thing, but a better direction than most. If Kiffen and Sanders say no, he's a good third option. 

My list would be Deion and Kiffin. After that, don’t really care. Oh and Freeze would get a call just so I would ask him if he would want our job and then tell him we already hired Deion or Lane and laugh at him while hanging up on him…

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What appeal does Rhuel have?  He has no connections to the area.  Yes, he slight won at historically bad schools....but it didn't win anything of consequence.  It's not like he's hanging his at on a Natty and coming back to the SEC guns blazing like Nick Saban.

He is the one that might be iffy. But I think just the way he got his name out there with his success at Baylor and coaching in the NFL, may attract enough talent to AU to make an immediate impact. Just a hunch.