2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

He’s my pick. High risk/reward, but I think it could work out. All depends on the higher ups if it could work. 

see, i see prime as low risk, especially compared to what we just had. there is not ceiling and honestly could he really do worse than harsin?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

see, i see prime as low risk, especially compared to what we just had. there is not ceiling and honestly could he really do worse than harsin?

Not sure if Harsin should be a reference point for a future coach's performance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Guy with zero P5 experience is low risk?

Look past the character and focus on the coach. It’s hard but possible. 

Yes, someone could be worse than Harsin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's the "positive" of him failing. I think comparing him to WM is accurate. 

Regardless of situation Auburn is not in a position to have another failing coach, albeit positive or negative. We already are behind now, another fired coach, more money out and more negative perception. This hire needs to be right or we will be further behind especially with Texas and OU coming in. Hell if that’s what we want let’s just hire Muschamp let him stockpile talent and release him. There are potential coaches who can recruit and coach and that’s what we need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He's not even at Auburn and he's already generating recruiting buzz for Auburn. He seems like a slam dunk out of any candidates featured. He oozes charisma, and if we give him an opportunity to channel that energy in our program -- the results can be electrifying. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm just waiting for the super coaching candidate that's a fantastic recruiter and fantastic strategist that has no questions.....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Bro don't lump yourself with me.....that's a hard road. 😂

I already have it's ok I'm ready. I'm just loving the fact that he isn't even been offered the job but is already causing Buzz. Yet he can't recruit with the big dogs... 😒

😂

Edited by autiger88

There is no sure thing when it comes to predicting how coaches will do. There are examples of supposed can't miss ( Scott Frost) and head scratchers who turned out good ( Josh Heupel). It's a crap shoot. When all else fails , go for the one that can acquire the most talent. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We don't know if Deion could recruit in the sec or at a P5

Not just in the SEC but a “white” institution like Auburn

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We don't know if Deion could recruit in the sec or at a P5

He can walk into any house and recruit with anyone. I do have questions about, is he willing to eat, sleep, and breath recruiting? That’s what it takes in the SEC 

I just think if you are supposedly willing to pay 10 million per year for Lane, you put that money into Deion and his coaching staff. Get his son and freaking Travis to get to Auburn. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I already have it's ok I'm ready. I'm just loving the fact that he isn't even been offered the job but is already causing Buzz. Yet he can't recruit with the big dogs... 😒

😂

The twitter comments are interesting underneath that post 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There is no sure thing when it comes to predicting how coaches will do. There are examples of supposed can't miss ( Scott Frost) and head scratchers who turned out good ( Josh Heupel). It's a crap shoot. When all else fails , go for the one that can acquire the most talent. 

Prescient…

22 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

😂

What I'm enjoying is how every single thing that the people say that don't want him gets proven wrong every step of the way. 

He doesn't want to coach-goes on national tv and says he does.

His health he can't stand during practices- next game runs out like Dabo and dances

He's fake doesn't really care-guys in the NFL over the past 20 years talks about his mentorship

Will recruits want to play for him here-guys already saying they would come in a millisecond.

These are the guys that laugh and face palm the actual people that really know mind you.... I love it

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

The twitter comments are interesting underneath that post 

All I saw was people tagging Cohen and one bammer saying something stupid as always lol 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I'm enjoying is how every single thing that the people say that don't want him gets proven wrong every step of the way. 

He doesn't want to coach-goes on national tv and says he does.

His health he can't stand during practices- next game runs out like Dabo and dances

He's fake doesn't really care-guys in the NFL over the past 20 years talks about his mentorship

Will recruits want to play for him here-guys already saying they would come in a millisecond.

These are the guys that laugh and face palm the actual people that really know mind you.... I love it

I just laugh at this point because they can't come up with anything new lol it's always the same thing and it's been proven wrong everytime. 

My number one pick is Prime but along with the known others but I'd like to throw this out there and while highly unlikely it sure would be a great story...what if Cadillac really puts together a solid showing with these last few games, I know he needs lots more experience but could Caddy be the next Dabo, I mean I know its a long shot but let me tell you, I am pulling for Cadillac right now and really hoping he unites the group that is left and they play hard and who knows maybe win a few. I know he would work hard and recruit and I think the Kids know him and respect him, just was thinking man how neat would that be if he could put something together, I know most will say he needs more experience etc...but I am actually excited to watch the last few games, I know he will give it everything he has and try to get things turned around vs what we just had...again Prime is my top choice and always has been just wanted to put that out there. 

• Like 1

I would be thrilled if we go with Deion.

My main concern though would be whether his recruiting mojo could survive a couple of seasons of 7-5/8-4ish results, which would probably be more realistic than not for a newcomer to the SEC (I'd love to be wrong, of course).