2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let me tell you, Energy and Positivity until you don't win. Ask the Aggies how excited they are at the moment. They were full of laughter with that #1 recruiting class. Auburn needs to take their time and get this right. Just wish our fans would be objective. Too many people looking at one solving lining versus the whole picture.

Yeah I agree. I think the immediate infusion of energy would help the talent level and then it would be a wait and see as far as on the field.  I don’t see a sure thing out there and history tells us there isn’t one at Auburn.  I hope Auburn does take their time and does get it right…but history tells us…

A9FDD106-6CF6-4186-AFBE-B3A101ADE538.png

• Like 1

Just now, Tigers77 said:

Yeah I agree. I think the immediate infusion of energy would help the talent level and then it would be a wait and see as far as on the field.  I don’t see a sure thing out there and history tells us there isn’t one at Auburn.  I hope Auburn does take their time and does get it right…but history tells us…

Don’t put that on us haha

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tigers77 said:

Right. There's no sure thing. Might as well really try to change into a power house. Being safe to stay a higher level of mediocre is still staying mediocre

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh he is going to have those for sure . You would only be mad about freeze smh. You shouldn’t be mad at all!

I'm not mad at Freeze, I just don't like him... There is a difference. 🙃

• Haha 2

Just now, cole256 said:

Right. There's no sure thing. Might as well really try to change into a power house. Being safe to stay a higher level of mediocre is still staying mediocre

Could’ve kept Gus for that 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yep that's why I'm hoping and believing this time will be different (hopefully)

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm not mad at Freeze, I just don't like him... There is a difference. 🙃

See that’s why I respect you . You aren’t wedded to a candidate, my guy. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Yep that's why I'm hoping and believing this time will be different (hopefully)

It's probably not. And then when the school do EXACTLY what we said and we are like a 7/8 win team people are going to get mad when we say I saw this coming lol

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I hope they are clueless

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna have to ignore them from now on.

I have zero inside info and am new to this board still so this is just me voicing uninformed opinion…

- I do not believe Freeze will be the next HC at AU

- I do not believe Kiffen will be the next HC 

- I have zero idea if Prime will be the next HC at AU

- My gut tells me AU will go with another “safe” Auburn choice who may or may not work out 

- My gut tells me if we get this wrong again we will be doing this in 3 years all over and will be struggling to stay out of the SEC West basement 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's probably not. And then when the school do EXACTLY what we said and we are like a 7/8 win team people are going to get mad when we say I saw this coming lol

Listen man don't put that spell on us let me dream dammit... 🥲

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigers77 said:

I have zero inside info and am new to this board still so this is just me voicing uninformed opinion…

- I do not believe Freeze will be the next HC at AU

- I do not believe Kiffen will be the next HC 

- I have zero idea if Prime will be the next HC at AU

- My gut tells me AU will go with another “safe” Auburn choice who may or may not work out 

- My gut tells me if we get this wrong again we will be doing this in 3 years all over and will be struggling to stay out of the SEC West basement 

I don’t think we will. Not with this Cohen guy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now you are just making up stuff. Look I'm not trying to argue with you and you just didn't understand what I was saying and that's fine. But I'm not looking to argue all that will lead to is a bunch of people I don't know piling on because I share an opinion they don't have. 

Then as soon as a reply it will be I'm the one starting problems. So whatever you saying I'm saying ok but you really just didn't understand what I initially said to you and of course you went to the aren't allowed to question you stuff. 

I don't feel what you said is correct at all, I just don't want to argue with more than one person at a time.

You already see a guy that neither one of us was talking to trying to start stuff up. Continuing going back and forth with you would just increase that number

That’s fine.  I’m not here to do a back and forth with anyone.   I was giving my opinion to one of your responses and then you said to stop responding to your post.   I enjoy reading your perspective but I also have my own opinions and when I see something that someone writes that I don’t agree with, I’m going to say something.   No one on here has the final say on what is auburn.   Auburn is a unique university that has past success but no where near the success that some on here seem to think it has.  Some will say, why can’t AU be The next Clemson?  Maybe it can, but history says that it won’t.   Whether fans agree or disagree, AU has to fight against the dominant football program in the country on a daily basis just for headlines in its own state.   Whoever, Auburn gets, it will be an uphill battle especially since Georgia has also ascended to a top 5 status.    I think a way to look at this would be to ask, who would Kirby and Satan be most afraid of standing across the sideline’s from in an Auburn polo?  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

There is never a sure bet…Smart, Saban, Pearl…all came with risks.  History tells us we’ll probably get it right initially and have great early success. There’s a pretty good chance of that.

• Like 2

I just don't think there are any slam dunks out there.

Rhule can't beat ranked teams

Lane tries to outsmart himself too much

Freeze is Gus 2.0

Sanders is unproven although a potentially very high ceiling

I wouldn't really be upset with either but I don't know if any of these coaches gets us in the playoff. 

Deion is probably my favorite but I don't know if Auburn has the brass to hire back to back non power 5 coaches.

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

That’s fine.  I’m not here to do a back and forth with anyone.   I was giving my opinion to one of your responses and then you said to stop responding to your post.   I enjoy reading your perspective but I also have my own opinions and when I see something that someone writes that I don’t agree with, I’m going to say something.   No one on here has the final say on what is auburn.   Auburn is a unique university that has past success but no where near the success that some on here seem to think it has.  Some will say, why can’t AU be The next Clemson?  Maybe it can, but history says that it won’t.   Whether fans agree or disagree, AU has to fight against the dominant football program in the country on a daily basis just for headlines in its own state.   Whoever, Auburn gets, it will be an uphill battle especially since Georgia has also ascended to a top 5 status.    I think a way to look at this would be to ask, who would Kirby and Satan be most afraid of standing across the sideline’s from in an Auburn polo?  

I agree with all that you just said. That's actually my point with the people saying kiffen is a guaranteed 10 win coach here. I don't believe that to be the case at all because of the reasons you mentioned. 

As far as the response I feel like every day you quote me saying something I said is wrong. I see what he saying spread it around looks like but that was me thinking when I respond once again a bunch of people will jump in and start piling on. And also once again you see what happened and we didn't even start a debate yet. 

I could be wrong for that as far as fairness to you but it's not personal I just have to move a little different on here. I apologize for being rude though, I could have pm'd you and explained. 

But I was just looking out for the best interest of everybody. I feel if we started debating the thread would be locked and I'd have to deal with a mod on top of 5 more people that I don't even know going at me. 

28 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Thanks bro I appreciate ya! Lol 

Wait until they find out we are saying the same things about Sanders lol

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree with all that you just said. That's actually my point with the people saying kiffen is a guaranteed 10 win coach here. I don't believe that to be the case at all because of the reasons you mentioned. 

As far as the response I feel like every day you quote me saying something I said is wrong. I see what he saying spread it around looks like but that was me thinking when I respond once again a bunch of people will jump in and start piling on. And also once again you see what happened and we didn't even start a debate yet. 

I could be wrong for that as far as fairness to you but it's not personal I just have to move a little different on here. I apologize for being rude though, I could have pm'd you and explained. 

But I was just looking out for the best interest of everybody. I feel if we started debating the thread would be locked and I'd have to deal with a mod on top of 5 more people that I don't even know going at me. 

It’s all good.  Like I said, I’m not trying to be argumentative, just trying to give a different perspective on someone else’s opinion.   Nothing more nothing less.   

Just now, aubaseball said:

It’s all good.  Like I said, I’m not trying to be argumentative, just trying to give a different perspective on someone else’s opinion.   Nothing more nothing less.   

Cool. I have to do better in understanding not everybody is being a troll. 

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t think we will. Not with this Cohen guy. 

I agree, this feels like a very un-JABA way of doing business we are seeing. 

I think Auburn swings for the fences this time. 

Of course I could be wrong but I hope not 😂 

• Like 1