2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

We don’t have to worry about that.  Kiffin isn’t making the playoffs.

Even if by some miracle Saban doesn’t stomp a mud hole in them, he’d still have to win the SECCG and no way he beats either UT or UGA. 

Kiffin does not have the defense to stop Bryce Young, period. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

No you can't make me do a deep dive... I only look at headlines because they are accurate and not biased by any means...

Like the Vader!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Rhule and kiffen are just meh hires to me. We might as well swing for the fences

Agree on Rhule

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

Would be a slam dunk hire. It would immediately put Auburn back into relevancy. He would move the needle.

And what happens when he assaults another player….or covers up a crime for one of his coaching friends again?  Can you say lawsuit? 

He’s a liability to any university at this point.  Hell to the no.  He’s so toxic he’ll probably never coach again, its issues every where he goes.  

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

We don’t have to worry about that.  Kiffin isn’t making the playoffs.

Even if by some miracle Saban doesn’t stomp a mud hole in them, he’d still have to win the SECCG and no way he beats either UT or UGA. 

Kiffin does not have the defense to stop Bryce Young, period. 

It is his play calling that drives me crazy. I can see him making the iron bowl into a clown show.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Agree on Rhule

As far as kiffen why would we expect anything different than what he's doing at ole miss? Same division, same resources.....He's never had a team that was scary good.....I feel like what you see is what you will get

Deion Sanders is my #1 but let's not Kidd ourselves. We have no clue how he would compete at this level. I believe he can get us relevant, he would have a lot of support and our recruiting would change, but that in itself doesn''t mean anything until the results are on the field. Every single candidate has pros and cons unless you are NS or Dabo

• Like 2

With urban you might as well keep Harsin everybody would negative recruit us as not being the best place for a young black athlete like they do now

If Deion doesn't do well he doesn't do well but we change the narrative of the school, we get some talent back on the fieldand the perception of us change for recruiting for the future. Worst case scenario it would be like muschamp only being here for a couple of years....we had a bunch of good defenses from that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is his play calling that drives me crazy. I can see him making the iron bowl into a clown show.

Kiffin COULD be good, but I think Ole Miss is overpaying for him and we would massively have to overpay for him and don’t think he has shown he is worth it but its not my money. 

The trolling thing is what gets me.  Don’t troll Saban then let him kick you in the nuts.  You better be able to cash the checks your mouth is writing.

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

As far as kiffen why would we expect anything different than what he's doing at ole miss? Same division, same resources.....He's never had a team that was scary good.....I feel like what you see is what you will get

He'll have better talent here overall and more consistently. 

Tubs elevated here.. I don't think it's really a wild thought you get better teams going from a top 50 school to a top 15

Lane is looking at back to back 10 win seasons, something they've never done and we've only done once.

I do have concerns about a few things with Lane. His defenses scare me. His HS recruiting is really meh..but it's Ole Miss and he had good classes at UT/USC. He makes some dumb in game decisions based off analytics.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If Deion doesn't do well he doesn't do well but we change the narrative of the school, we get some talent back on the fieldand the perception of us change for recruiting for the future. Worst case scenario it would be like muschamp only being here for a couple of years....we had a bunch of good defenses from that

That's the "positive" of him failing. I think comparing him to WM is accurate. 

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Kiffin COULD be good, but I think Ole Miss is overpaying for him and we would massively have to overpay for him and don’t think he has shown he is worth it but its not my money. 

The trolling thing is what gets me.  Don’t troll Saban then let him kick you in the nuts.  You better be able to cash the checks your mouth is writing.

He makes 7mm and has Ole Miss maxed out. I don't think that's really over paying when the too coaches are now making 12mm

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Tubs elevated here.. I don't think it's really a wild thought you get better teams going from a top 50 school to a top 15

Lane is looking at back to back 10 win seasons, something they've never done and we've only done once.

I do have concerns about a few things with Lane. His defenses scare me. His HS recruiting is really meh..but it's Ole Miss and he had good classes at UT/USC. He makes some dumb in game decisions based off analytics.

I guess maybe that's what I don't see, I don't see why he would get more talent here. The back to back 10 win season going to change with this schedule

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

For what it’s worth Junkins is looking pretty good as a true freshman under Kiffin 

Edited by GreenTiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Anyone hearing Bill O’Brian or can I assume my circle of “insiders” are clueless.

I hope they are clueless

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Completely Different time now.   Not even comparable.   Today a player would leave at the drop of hat.   If, and it’s the biggest of if’s, Deion was named head coach and after three years it was a disaster on the field, the guys he recruited would more than likely Leave in today’s environment.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I guess maybe that's what I don't see, I don't see why he would get more talent here. The back to back 10 win season going to change with this schedule

Outside 1 game is really that different?  Hell, I'd love to have back to back 9 win season, lol.

Ole Miss HS classes are worse than Harsin's.  They are 20-30s.  Change that to top 10 class, which has been shown do-able with a little effort (and cash), and pair it with his ability to recruit in the portal and he has more talent.

Any coach that comes in there should be expected to get a top 10 class & talent in the portal.  It's not unreasonable.

Just now, aubaseball said:

Completely Different time now.   Not even comparable.   Today a player would leave at the drop of hat.   If, and it’s the biggest of if’s, Deion was named head coach and after three years it was a disaster on the field, the guys he recruited would more than likely Leave in today’s environment.  

Bro could you just come in and complain to somebody else posts everyday? Spread your love out a bit. No need to waste your time with me

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think Lane is the safer bet, personally.

I must admit I never thought I'd read this sentence in a college football forum

• Haha 1