2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

11 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

My insides are telling me it’s Deion. 

That’s just the Moe’s home wrecker with extra queso you ate for lunch, man.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Yep we would send our jet.  But again it is running on Twitter...

And I bet when they meet with Kiffin or Deion it won't be on the front lawn of The Grove, or at Toomers Drug Store. It will be somewhere like Bucksnort, MS

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Literally me every morning. 

Your morning timeline is as follows..

Black coffee, Jimmy Dean Breakfast Samich, Marlboro Red, Diarrhea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Your morning timeline is as follows..

Black coffee, Jimmy Dean Breakfast Samich, Marlboro Red, Diarrhea.

Almost. You left out shotgunning a natty after the diarrhea. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

Ok, yeah, in three years, Point?

2 1/2 seasons. Why you ask? Because you act like he’s undefeated or a one loss, greatest thing since sliced bread ever. As a coach in a non-power five school, he has lost five games. That’s the point. 

On 11/2/2022 at 6:37 AM, Bro Johnny Mac said:

😎 cool ! 
I was a missionary in Mongolia 🇲🇳 

Where are you serving?

Lets do this! It’s prime time 👍

Indonesia

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

So none of those guys. It’s never the hot board names. 

Exactly. When we hired Chizik, it was Turner Gill, Brady Hoke, Gary Patterson and others. Chizik was such a blindsided hire, it caused Auburn fans to confront Jay Jacobs at the airport.

When Gus was hired it was Kirby Smart. Fans got pissed off when we hired Gus because it wasn't a "big name."

When Harsin was hired it was for sure Mario Cristobal, Billy Napier, Venables, Kiffin, Freeze, Kevin Steele and others. When Harsin was announced fans were bewildered and said "who? Well atleast it's not Steele or Clark."

The big name's usually don't pan out but every fanbase still wants the big name coach. Like I had posted before, Tennessee fans were elated at the Jeremy Pruitt hire because he had coached for Jimbo in 2013 at FSU and Bama under Saban. But they were very pissed at the Josh Heupel hire. Look how those 2 worked out. Nobody ever dreamed LSU would hire Brian Kelly but they all said Lincoln Riley or Dave Aranda was a lock for that job.

Nobody knows, not even the school's beat writers. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Finding out now both Lane Kiffin and Stoops were interested in the job in 2020, but AD Allen Green hired Harsin. 

no wonder  that AD  is all the course of this chaos,  now we need a proven SEC level man, Stoooop , Freeeeze or Kiffffin 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

Fickell or Urban. If I post it enough maybe it’ll help Auburn HC rumors SEO!

All you gotta do is sell it to Auguy101... he's practically a spambot. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

So apparently there’s a surprise candidate from the PAC 12 who has contacted us…

If it's not Dan Lanning or Lincoln Riley, no thanks. And even then, I think I might take Kiffen, Sanders, or Rhule over them, cause the only way Riley is leaving USC after 1 year is something burned to the ground.

17 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

If it's not Dan Lanning or Lincoln Riley, no thanks. And even then, I think I might take Kiffen, Sanders, or Rhule over them, cause the only way Riley is leaving USC after 1 year is something burned to the ground.

I’d take Lanning over anyone but Prime. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Nice try!!! We all know you just don’t want to lose The Lane Train 🚂 at Ole Miss since that’s where your heart really is!!! 😂😂

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Lanning has less experience (8 games so far) than any of the others being discussed. That seems a greater risk than any of the others.

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Lanning has less experience (8 games so far) than any of the others being discussed. That seems a greater risk than any of the others.

Lanning is not a bigger risk than Deion. He has power 5 HC experience and SEC coordinator experience. Can’t compare that to Non-power 5 or FCS coaching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

No doubt he's a risk, but there are risks associated with every name that's been mentioned, with Kiffin being the least among them, arguably. Years two and three at Oregon would be a better sample size for proof of concept as a head coach, but he keeps knocking every pitch that's thrown at him out of the ball park. He is an elite defensive coach, an elite recruiter, and he's well on his way to proving he is an elite head coach. If not now, he will be leading a big time SEC program in the near future. 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lanning is not a bigger risk than Deion. He has power 5 HC experience and SEC coordinator experience. Can’t compare that to Non-power 5 or FCS coaching. 

Agreed

• Like 2