2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

He's stated his reasons for wanting Deion here about a dozen times and made some compelling arguments for it.

I can feel your frustration lmao

Make one joke post....

He’s entitled to his opinion just the same as I am to mine.  As a lifetime alum I feel zero frustration and I’’m quite happy that the administration is doing their proper due diligence instead of rushing to judgement to hire a flash in the pan!

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Bruh... 🤣

What's worse the people that say stuff like that or the ol Turner gill post lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What's worse the people that say stuff like that or the ol Turner gill post lol

Idk that's a tough one either way it's asinine... 🤦

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Prime checks every single box, the chief one being recruiting. He won’t have to chase every recruit. They’ll be chasing him.

Exactly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh he knows, he disliked most of them. He just trying to think of something to say to argue

Disliked most of them?  You got any facts to back up that up, or just your empty accusation?  Name one candidate that I said that I dislike.  

I’m so glad that the folks making this decision are not you and your little immature pack of hyena friends that want to attack everyone that disagrees with you.  Grow up!

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Lifetime alum

I left out dues paying, thanks for the reminder!

Edited by gctiger

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Exactly.  It doesn't matter what 50 somethings on a message board think about him.

The demographic that matters is,,, 14-21 year old males who are exceptionally talented at football.

I’m a 54 year old grand father...

Im wanting Prime! Surely I’m not the only old dude wanting him😆

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Disliked most of them?  You got any facts to back up that up, or just your empty accusation?  Name one candidate that I said that I dislike.  

I’m so glad that the folks making this decision are not you and your little immature pack of hyena friends that want to attack everyone that disagrees with you.  Grow up!

You are so lost. I said you disliked posts nobody said anything about you disliking a candidate. Nobody even cares what you like and what you don't. And you are the one running around disliking every post you can and you're older......you need to grow up. Nobody attacked you. Don't be a Karen on top of everything else you have going on

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’m a 54 year old grand father...

Im wanting Prime! Surely I’m not the only old dude wanting him😆

I'm willing to take the leap at 50.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You are so lost. I said you disliked posts nobody said anything about you disliking a candidate. Nobody even cares what you like and what you don't. And you are the one running around disliking every post you can and you're older......you need to grow up. Nobody attacked you. Don't be a Karen on top of everything else you have going on

In the future if you will read your responses prior to posting you may save yourself a lot of trouble.    
You obviously care or you wouldn’t be responding.  

Contrary to your belief, I haven’t disliked many posts, and I certainly haven’t resorted to your level of name calling.  Please feel free to ignore all of my future posts.  This conversation is over!

On 10/31/2022 at 2:05 PM, AUINSY said:

Yup. Worst-case scenario: we should force Ole Miss to Lane more money than they are now to put them in a 2017 Auburn-Gus financial/buyout situation, if nothing else. I'm sure Jimmy Sexton would be on board.

My fear on Kiffen is that if he has zero interest in coming here he will say the exact opposite to get ole sis to pony up.   Then when he stays put it looks like we struck out on our first choice when in fact he just used us to get a bump in pay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

My fear on Kiffen is that if he has zero interest in coming here he will say the exact opposite to get ole sis to pony up.   Then when he stays put it looks like we struck out on our first choice when in fact he just used us to get a bump in pay.

I’m ok with that if it puts Ole Miss where we are in 3-5 years, and we still get a great hire

21 minutes ago, gctiger said:

In the future if you will read your responses prior to posting you may save yourself a lot of trouble.    
You obviously care or you wouldn’t be responding.  

Contrary to your belief, I haven’t disliked many posts, and I certainly haven’t resorted to your level of name calling.  Please feel free to ignore all of my future posts.  This conversation is over!

K. Bye

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Exactly.  It doesn't matter what 50 somethings on a message board think about him.

The demographic that matters is,,, 14-21 year old males who are exceptionally talented at football.

I’m 60. I want Deion. I’ve long since given up the idea that this is about young men getting an education and playing football. It’s about football and we need the best recruiter we can get to compete in the world of minor league football . Deion would be hands down the best at it. If we want to win and win soon we need Jimmy’s and Joe’s. This hire should be a no brainer. The other candidates would be good, too. But not on the scale of Deion. 
 Winning cures all ills. If we hire Freeze and he wins, no one will say” yeah, but he hired hookers and DM’d an assault victim”

• Like 1

I’m good with Prime and Grimes and would even hold my nose for Kiffin. I’d accept Rhule.  But NOT Freeze! (Y’all remind me of this later on if we hire Freeze and win a bunch of games. 😂) Truth of the matter is that we all want this to be the right hire and there’s no way to ensure that it will be.  So convincing each other of who would be the best seems pointless to me.  Arguing about it is silly. But carry on! 😁

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Exactly. 

I thinks it’s a valid for people to have questions and concerns about Deion, and those that do should not be dragged for it. He gets an A+ in a lot of areas, but he does not go without question and although he does check a lot of boxes he does not check them all. And before the Deion torch and pitchfork mob comes for me, he is my preferred choice (1a. Deion 1b. Rhule) I also like Dan Quinn and Dan Lanning, with Ken Dorsey (Bills OC) being an out of the nowhere candidate. 

• Like 1