2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Just saying…

CA354F04-D1E4-44A5-A742-76324AB23AB4.jpeg

Well, there you go.   Confirms what many of us were thinking.    It’s Prime Time on the Plains, baby!!!!   Let’s go!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Well, there you go.   Confirms what many of us were thinking.    It’s Prime Time on the Plains, baby!!!!   Let’s go!!!!

Exactly.  It doesn't matter what 50 somethings on a message board think about him.

The demographic that matters is,,, 14-21 year old males who are exceptionally talented at football.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Exactly.  It doesn't matter what 50 somethings on a message board think about him.

The demographic that matters is,,, 14-21 year old males who are exceptionally talented at football.

Yes, teenagers should be running the program. They know what's best.

Auburn football is a business. You want to a hire a coach who will win and sell tickets. The moment you ignore your customers (us who watch on TV and buy tickets) is the beginning of the end of your tenure. You don't build an entire program to appease the 20 kids sitting in the endzone every Saturday. Most of whom will never attend your university. Deion might be able to sell that product.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Maybe what the poster meant was,  the alumni and boosters that Deon would be too black for. Hip hop pre game, big ass gold chains, etc. 80+% of the players that see the field at Auburn will always be black so recruiting Deon's way will be an advantage. Maybe if he comes here and wins, even the cotton haired old men in the luxury boxes will grow to support him. But you gotta get him here first, and we may have too many influential booster types who don't get black culture that would keep him from being hired- or make him not want to deal with the drama. 

I think you are selling us old white people short!!!! Hip hop might not be my jam, but winning is.  And I want the players to work hard and have fun representing Auburn University.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, woodford said:

You don't build an entire program to appease the 20 kids sitting in the endzone every Saturday

I think he meant appealing to the kids on the sidelines, not the ones in the end zone. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'd love for it to be Sanders to see some of these posters implode lol

And there’s your problem!  The more intelligent people want the best candidate and for the right reasons.  

Edited by gctiger
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

And there’s your problem!  The more intelligent people want the best candidate.  

But what about you? Why are you here?

I will say this about the coaching search: Cohen is not a typical AD. He is an outside the box thinking type of AD. I’ve seen people say since we hired an AD with SSC experience that means we’re going to go after someone with SEC experience as well. That’s not necessarily true. He hired Leach at MSU. He hired people who he believes can win games and compete for championships, no matter where they are from. Just something to think about…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gctiger said:

And there’s your problem!  The more intelligent people want the best candidate and for the right reasons.  

He's stated his reasons for wanting Deion here about a dozen times and made some compelling arguments for it.

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I can feel your frustration lmao

Make one joke post....

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

I’m doing proper due diligence, so much like the decision maker(s) I haven’t decided yet, but I can assure you that it won’t be the newest flavor of the month…

The face palm was in regard to your opinionated statement saying that there’s no Plan B when there’s no way you could possibly know that!

The realistic candidates are Prime/ Freeze / Kiffin / Rhule / Grimes / Helton. Am I missing someone?

My Plan A is Prime. The other 5 Plan Bs are not solid. They are all flawed.

Kiffin & Rhule do not like to recruit. Portal, sure. High school, no. Rhule has never recruited the SE. We just fired a guy who couldn’t recruit the SE. Why do we want another?

Freeze has PR issues galore that opponents  & media will use against us, which will affect recruiting. 

Grimes has never been a HC.

Helton was fired 2 years ago.

Prime checks every single box, the chief one being recruiting. He won’t have to chase every recruit. They’ll be chasing him.

If that doesn’t crank your tractor, then go follow the guy with the boot in his ass back to the Northwest.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Bro there is like 5 other Prime threads and most of us have gave our reasons of why we think Prime is a great candidate so no that's your problem for not researching before you typed...😒

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Same...😂 I don't even know if this board will be able to handle the traffic if Prime is named HC... Lmao 

• Like 2

Just now, autiger88 said:

Bro there is like 5 other Prime threads and most of us have gave our reasons of why we think Prime is a great candidate so no that's your problem for not researching before you typed...😒

Oh he knows, he disliked most of them. He just trying to think of something to say to argue

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Are u being serious?

There are dozens of examples of NFL players/coaches failing at the college level. Herm Edwards got fired this year. Charismatic, great tv presence, sells his “brand”…. Fired. 
I can get behind Deion. I love Prime Time. But there is no track record. We are pumping sunshine because of his brand & potential.

Just now, cole256 said:

Oh he knows, he disliked most of them. He just trying to think of something to say to argue

You're right I forgot to just ignore like I said I was gonna start doing haha 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

He's stated his reasons for wanting Deion here about a dozen times and made some compelling arguments for it.

I can feel your frustration lmao

Make one joke post....

He can't be that slow, I'm sure he dislikes me from critiquing Bo or some ignorant stuff like that

• Haha 2