is this legal?

aubiefifty

Marjorie Taylor Greene warns companies that stopped donations to 2020 election deniers: You won’t ‘be forgotten’

Julia Shapero

Fri, October 28, 2022 at 9:16 AM·1 min read

In this article:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Wednesday fired a warning shot to companies that halted donations to GOP 2020 election deniers after the Capitol riot, saying their decision is “not going to be forgotten.”

“This is something that they should all know,” Greene told former Trump White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, while appearing on his show on Wednesday. “That’s not going to be forgotten by a whole bunch of my Republican colleagues.”

Major corporations halted their political donations in the wake of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, with many promising not to support the 147 lawmakers who voted against certifying the results of the 2020 election.

However, those companies have largely resumed PAC spending since, donating millions to candidates who continue to deny the legitimacy of President Biden’s election.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Greene on Wednesday promised investigations into these companies as Republicans appear poised to take control of the House after November’s midterm elections.

Fortune 500 companies appear to be anticipating such a move from a Republican-controlled House and have begun retaining major law firms with GOP relationships, according to Axios.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to The Hill.

More like the companies were told that if they persisted in donating to republicans they would be investigated by the corrupt Biden justice department.  Guess we will find out. Short answer fiddy is yes, legal for democrats, not legal for republicans. So standard ops.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene warns companies that stopped donations to 2020 election deniers: You won’t ‘be forgotten’

Julia Shapero

Fri, October 28, 2022 at 9:16 AM·1 min read

In this article:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Wednesday fired a warning shot to companies that halted donations to GOP 2020 election deniers after the Capitol riot, saying their decision is “not going to be forgotten.”

“This is something that they should all know,” Greene told former Trump White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, while appearing on his show on Wednesday. “That’s not going to be forgotten by a whole bunch of my Republican colleagues.”

Major corporations halted their political donations in the wake of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, with many promising not to support the 147 lawmakers who voted against certifying the results of the 2020 election.

However, those companies have largely resumed PAC spending since, donating millions to candidates who continue to deny the legitimacy of President Biden’s election.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Greene on Wednesday promised investigations into these companies as Republicans appear poised to take control of the House after November’s midterm elections.

Fortune 500 companies appear to be anticipating such a move from a Republican-controlled House and have begun retaining major law firms with GOP relationships, according to Axios.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to The Hill.

Probably not but it is a surefire waste of taxpayer resources that will lead to no where.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

More like the companies were told that if they persisted in donating to republicans they would be investigated by the corrupt Biden justice department.  Guess we will find out. Short answer fiddy is yes, legal for democrats, not legal for republicans. So standard ops.

I'd put a $1000 on this not being the case at all. 

What really happened is the head of PR for those companies made a business decision unrelated to the Biden admin, so their companies could get some really easy good PR and after it all was out of the public eye went back to donating to candidates per usual.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

What really happened is the head of PR for those companies made a business decision unrelated to the Biden admin, so their companies could get some really easy good PR and after it all was out of the public eye went back to donating to candidates per usual.

jj just said that because he has a man crush on me. he literally cannot get enough on me..................

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

jj just said that because he has a man crush on me. he literally cannot get enough on me..................

some would say you live rent free in his head

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

some would say you live rent free in his head

i plan on trashing that joint too.........grins

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yep.  You're a lawyer all right. No doubt about it. ;D

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Yep.  You're a lawyer all right. No doubt about it. ;D

The $1000 or the supposition lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

The $1000 or the supposition lol

While I know a lot of lawyer jokes, the best council and advice I got (by far) during my career was from the company lawyer. 

And I told him as much when I left.

Edited by homersapien
  • Love 1