A D Diamond gone

aubiefifty

Auburn cornerback A.D. Diamond leaves team; half of 2021 class gone

ByNathan King 7 hours ago
  •  
  •  
  •  

Bryan Harsin has officially lost half of his first recruiting class at Auburn.

Cornerback A.D. Diamond is the latest Tiger to leave the program, Harsin confirmed Wednesday on the SEC coaches teleconference. Diamond's name was removed from the official roster earlier this week.

"He's no longer on the team," was Harsin's full answer Wednesday.

A former three-star prospect from Mobile, Alabama, Diamond did not appear in a game over the past two seasons.

He becomes the third Auburn player to be publicly revealed this week to have left the team. Former top-100 recruit Zykeivous Walker announced his intentions to transfer Monday, and sophomore receiver Landen King — who said earlier this month he would be sitting on the rest of the year in order to redshirt — also shared he will be transferring.

45COMMENTS

With Diamond's and King's decisions, that makes nine of Auburn's 18 signees in the 2021 class gone, including five of the top 10 prospects in that haul. Diamond and King join defensive tackle Lee Hunter, safety Ahmari Harvey, quarterback Dematrius Davis, receiver Hal Presley, defensive lineman Ian Mathews, and former JUCO cornerbacks Kamal Hadden and Ro Torrence as departures from last year's freshman class.

Harsin has now seen 31 scholarship players transfer out of the program since he took over as head coach 21 months ago.

Comments (45)
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Harsin has now seen 31 scholarship players transfer out of the program since he took over as head coach 21 months ago.

Comments (45)

Wow, Harsin has lost almost as many players as Kiffin has gained through the transfer portal.   I guess he never figured out that the the transfer portal works both ways.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Wow, Harsin has lost almost as many players as Kiffin has gained through the transfer portal.   I guess he never figured out that the the transfer portal works both ways.

If Kiffin gained he had to lose in some way.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Welcome to the new, wonderful world of college sports. Unless something is done fast, this will continue. 

Agree. College football is no longer fun. Been an AU fan since 73, but not only is AU getting more difficult to put up with, but the college football game in general. I watch a lot and I mean a lot more AU basketball since BP took over and made us relevant. Until I see otherwise, I have zero trust in where the biggest money maker, AU football, is headed. We are way beyond irrelevant in football now and it’s on the last two staffs.