Tar’varish Dawson Enters the Portal

Zeek

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

HES AN ALPHA HE MAKES THEM TAKE THE STAIRS 

I still remember all the people that said stuff like this. I’ll never forget.

• Like 3

Culture change! Culture change! Buzzwords. Shouting. Assumptions. Blah blah blah. I was there too, at first. Just cause something changes (Harsin is different from Gus) doesn't mean it's a change for the better (false dichotomy). All Harsin had to do was supplant current players with higher-achieving players and gap fillers through recruiting. Didn't need to run off anybody til there was something better in the hopper. Also needed to speak to players, admin, and fans as a life form from planet earth. He's tough-guyed and ultimatumed himself out of a roster. What a knucklehead.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I still remember all the people that said stuff like this. I’ll never forget.

Now we know: not an alpha male by any stretch of the imagination. Just an Ass Hat.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUx said:

Culture change! Culture change! Buzzwords. Shouting. Assumptions. Blah blah blah. I was there too, at first. Just cause something changes (Harsin is different from Gus) doesn't mean it's a change for the better (false dichotomy). All Harsin had to do was supplant current players with higher-achieving players and gap fillers through recruiting. Didn't need to run off anybody til there was something better in the hopper. Also needed to speak to players, admin, and fans as a life form from planet earth. He's tough-guyed and ultimatumed himself out of a roster. What a knucklehead.

giphy.gif

Remember this: "Harsin is old school, doesn't care about anything other than football, he doesn't need the 4 star and 5 star because he is all about development. When I hear Harsin speak, I get chills because the last time I've seen or heard a coach like this at Auburn was in 1981 and that man is now in the Hall of Fame. Auburn just got their Pat Dye 2.0" 

I remember reading that and I'm pretty sure it was Phillip Marshall that wrote it. He was talking about the similarities between Dye and Harsin. How one came from coaching Wyoming and the other came from coaching in Boise, Idaho. Neither coach put up with any crap, etc. I'll admit it, I bought in to all of that stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Remember this: "Harsin is old school, doesn't care about anything other than football, he doesn't need the 4 star and 5 star because he is all about development. When I hear Harsin speak, I get chills because the last time I've seen or heard a coach like this at Auburn was in 1981 and that man is now in the Hall of Fame. Auburn just got their Pat Dye 2.0" 

I remember reading that and I'm pretty sure it was Phillip Marshall that wrote it. He was talking about the similarities between Dye and Harsin. How one came from coaching Wyoming and the other came from coaching in Boise, Idaho. Neither coach put up with any crap, etc. I'll admit it, I bought in to all of that stuff. 

Yep. It would have been nice for all of that to have been more than wishcasting. Everybody knows the plentiful extrapolation from BoiseBoy to a DyeSaban winning championships in 3 or 4 year was not based on direct knowledge, but nervous hope. Of course, hindsight is infallible and everybody who hated anyone other than he who shall remain nameless taking victory laps saying, "I knew he was a bad fit and just wasn't going to work out." Pffffft. So, all that is common, maladaptive human nature. Just the way things work. What I DO resent is ALLLLLL these allusions (just now) to serious and recurring misdeeds that obviously deemed dismissal by last February. So, if they bear any truth and gravity, that is extremely damning, not of Harsin, but especially and specifically of Auburn. What the hell has been going on? Something? Or, just the accumulation of circumstances already public knowledge and conflated as gossip? Regardless, Harsin is just one part of problem we have now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

HES AN ALPHA HE MAKES THEM TAKE THE STAIRS 

The alpha stuff was absolutely hilarious

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Now we know: not an alpha male by any stretch of the imagination. Just an Ass Hat.

Right. As if being fit and liking to work out and not smile is a sign of a good coach. Anyone ever gotten a good look at Vince Lombardi or John Madden? 

6 hours ago, meh130 said:

Johnson redshirted during the 2021 season. He came after the 2020 bonus COVID year. How does he get to preserve his three years of eligibility remaining given he has already redshirted?

Every player gets five years to play four. Redshirt in '21. On bench in '22. He will have '23 '24 and '25 left to play.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

The alpha stuff was absolutely hilarious

It was embarrassing and it started with his first press conference when he got hired by Auburn. Fans were already starting that corny “alpha” stuff.

Auburn fans were so sick of Gus that as soon as another coach came in and cussed a little bit they were ready to crown him the new king

• Like 2