Hypothetical: would you trade Harsin for Jimbo?

gr82b4au

Would Jimbo be a slight upgrade to Harsin? Yes, at least Jimbo knows that recruiting is important. 

Now, would I WANT Jimbo as our coach or think he would be successful long term here? No. 

With Jimbo you're just hoping he recruits enough elite players that he catches lightning in a bottle  that leads him to a lot of wins like Winston did for him at FSU, or Cam did for Chizik here.

16 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

They also had 3 true freshmen OL start in a rowdy SEC road game.

I recall 3 true freshman OL starting for AU in the Swamp v Urban/Tebow in 2007. That worked out ok then and 3 years later.

• Like 2

Jimbo is an interesting character, on one hand he is very personable, likeable and can draw you in w his slick fast speech but is also very detested by outside fanbases. 

I still maintain that he is a good playcaller but that his offense is really predicated on having a big time tightend and i havent seen a/m w that since Jalen Wydermyer left for the pros. 

6 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Jimbo is an interesting character, on one hand he is very personable, likeable and can draw you in w his slick fast speech but is also very detested by outside fanbases. 

I still maintain that he is a good playcaller but that his offense is really predicated on having a big time tightend and i havent seen a/m w that since Jalen Wydermyer left for the pros. 

I don’t think he’s likable at all personally. Quite the opposite imo. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I don’t think he’s likable at all personally. Quite the opposite imo. 

I find that a little surprising but it is all subjective. I watch some of his post game pressers and i get the impression he is very personable and much more so than what i see when i watch nick saban speak but thats just my opinion. On a personal level i dont like him, i think he is a slick talking tongue devil but i can definitely see him winning people over in their living rooms

18 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I watched the Texas A&M vs South Carolina game and Jordan Rodgers didn't hold back when talking about Jimbo's play calling. He said Jimbo has got to give up play calling duties to a competent OC because Jimbo isn't adjusting his offense to his personnel. He is trying to force a square peg into a round hole and it won't work. Jordan said that everyone seems to understand this except Jimbo. 

After last weeks loss, Jimbo was asked if he would consider giving up play calling duties and he gave a long winded answer but said yes. Personally, I don't think Jimbo's ego will allow him to give up play calling. 

The years of Jimbo being a "quarterback whisperer" are long gone. 

Offensive HCs have a hard time giving the reins to someone else, and they are slower to evolve.  Fisher ain’t giving up his offense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

He comes across as uptight, borderline nervous wreck to me.  I guess it losing too much while you’re pulling $9mill a year from your employer makes you that way. Lol

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

He comes across as uptight, borderline nervous wreck to me.  I guess it losing too much while you’re pulling $9mill a year from your employer makes you that way. Lol

I agree with this 100%. Somebody other than myself sees what I see in Jimbo. He looks and acts like he is a nervous wreck on the sidelines. Add Kirby Smart and Gary Patterson to that list as well. It wears me out watching them on the sidelines. They live and die with every play. 

38 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree with this 100%. Somebody other than myself sees what I see in Jimbo. He looks and acts like he is a nervous wreck on the sidelines. Add Kirby Smart and Gary Patterson to that list as well. It wears me out watching them on the sidelines. They live and die with every play. 

Or you can be like our current coach who barely has a pulse on the sideline. But I agree with what you’re saying

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2022 at 7:57 AM, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not a chance. 

You know, you may be onto something. There are a lot of rumors of unrest at Texas A&M right now, and that program may be in as bad of shape as we are. Which is shocking…

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You know, you may be onto something. There are a lot of rumors of unrest at Texas A&M right now, and that program may be in as bad of shape as we are. Which is shocking…

Today hasn't been the best day for Jimbo. I think he's a fraud. He ran through a weak ACC, and eventually that even ran out.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 3:35 PM, gr82b4au said:

No it will not happen of course and this is Just for fun… 

If there was no buy out, no crazy contracts, just coach for coach: would you trade ? 
Of course my answer would be yes because Jimbo can recruit, which is better than Harsin, but he sure is past his prime as a play caller. 

ABSOLUTELY

On 10/24/2022 at 10:06 AM, Viper said:

I recall 3 true freshman OL starting for AU in the Swamp v Urban/Tebow in 2007. That worked out ok then and 3 years later.

I had an opportunity to go see this game in person as a student, but instead I turned it down and thought it would be a good idea to study for 72 hours for my deterministic operations research course. It was one of the only midterms I ever failed, the only class I got a D in, and one of the best games during my time at AU as a student. At least we won!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

From what I’ve seen, it may be worse. A&M is suspending multiple players indefinitely for allegedly smoking pot in the USCe locker room. Players are thinking about leaving. I watched a few videos about it last night in YouTube. Seems like Fisher is losing/has lost total control of that program just like at FSU. 

Edited by AUINSY

Jimbo is overrated and he underachieves.   But he does recruit well.  He is the best at doing less with more.     Harsin, on the other hand, is historically bad!   He is worse than I ever imagined an AU HC would be.   
Harsin’s buyout is MUCH cheaper, but he is also leaving the cupboard bare!!!   You’d have to cough up stupid amounts of money on top of piles of ridiculous amounts of money to fire Jimbo.   But the positive is, there would be more to work with for the new coach.  Hopefully allowing for a quicker turnaround.   🤔 

7 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Right now I'd trade him for a sack of footballs and a Applebee's gift card

Yeah I’ll take a peanut butter and jelly sandwich as coach over Harsin at this point.

On 10/26/2022 at 10:11 AM, AUINSY said:

From what I’ve seen, it may be worse. A&M is suspending multiple players indefinitely for allegedly smoking pot in the USCe locker room. Players are thinking about leaving. I watched a few videos about it last night in YouTube. Seems like Fisher is losing/has lost total control of that program just like at FSU. 

😂😂😂 That is definitely worse. Damn

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

😂😂😂 That is definitely worse. Damn

See below for A&M players suspended indefinitely, all 10 are top 100 recruits:

image.png.9e12a90f37f39c3900f68ae789f34b07.png

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1