Hypothetical: would you trade Harsin for Jimbo?

gr82b4au

No it will not happen of course and this is Just for fun… 

If there was no buy out, no crazy contracts, just coach for coach: would you trade ? 
Of course my answer would be yes because Jimbo can recruit, which is better than Harsin, but he sure is past his prime as a play caller. 

• Like 2

No. I dont like the guy and dont think he is a good ceo coach.

i actually dont think he is a bad play caller except for that final play call at tuscaloosa, that was laughable. Its the en vogue thing to say "he is a good recruiter and coach but terrible play caller".

Frankly he just needs a qb and a big time tight end and he is back in business, his team put up more yards than south carolina last night. He seems to have issues w player development but he could get things rolling w a better qb than King and a good tight end.

Defensively theyve had a lot of issues too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

i actually dont think he is a bad play caller except for that final play call at tuscaloosa, that was laughable. Its the en vogue thing to say "he is a good recruiter and coach but terrible play caller".

Frankly he just needs a qb and a big time tight end and he is back in business, his team put up more yards than south carolina last night. He seems to have issues w player development but he could get things rolling w a better qb than King and a good tight end.

They will come back, once their top recruits hit the field.

Not at all. He’s highly overrated as a coach. Maybe some of those “top recruits” stay, but how many will leave. This is now college ball. Obviously don’t know him personally, but I have never considered him a great coach and at 9 mill a year, in your 5th year, with the play on the field, there’s nothing left to say. 

47 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Not at all. He’s highly overrated as a coach. Maybe some of those “top recruits” stay, but how many will leave. This is now college ball. Obviously don’t know him personally, but I have never considered him a great coach and at 9 mill a year, in your 5th year, with the play on the field, there’s nothing left to say. 

They will stay due to NIL deals.

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

They also had 3 true freshmen OL start in a rowdy SEC road game. Interesting because we don’t have 3 true freshman OL on our entire roster. 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Jimbo- does way less with more everything 

Harsin- Does less with less and doesn’t attempt to utilize the more

i would hire Ed Orgeron first 

• Haha 2

I’m just glad someone painted themselves into the “buyout corner” worse than we did!  

$85,950,000 - wow!  

• Like 3

Like I said, take the money out of it. Let’s say we were paying Jimbo 5 million a year. This is hypothetical.
Harsin cannot coach, Does not get along with a Boosters, and cannot recruit. At this point he does nothing good.
At least Jimbo can recruit. Again I think his playcalling and coaching may have passed him by, but he can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves. 

I am not saying he is my choice, I’m just saying if you could switch tomorrow… he does offer 1 thing. 

• Like 1

If I could trade Harsin for Jimbo with all the contract stuff at each school staying just as it is right now, then sure. Not sure what we have to loose. There's little to no hope as things stand at the moment. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Like I said, take the money out of it. Let’s say we were paying Jimbo 5 million a year. This is hypothetical.
Harsin cannot coach, Does not get along with a Boosters, and cannot recruit. At this point he does nothing good.
At least Jimbo can recruit. Again I think his playcalling and coaching may have passed him by, but he can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves. 

I am not saying he is my choice, I’m just saying if you could switch tomorrow… he does offer 1 thing. 

No Jimbo is an average coach. If he can’t freaking win with unlimited resources at Texas A&M , he is not getting over the top here. He also left a mess at FSU before he left. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

3606A0D7-80F3-481C-A7A6-A5E2C5992F9E.jpeg

Welp that wasn't much of an upgrade I bet FSU fans are loving this! It couldn't happen to a better man I say 😁

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I personally think Jimbo is a tool and want him nowhere near our program. (I’m going to stir controversy but) It’s the same reason I don’t want Kiffin. They are both self-centered Jack 🐴es. 

But let’s pretend I don’t hate Jimbo. If they were both making Harsin’s salary,  I’d rather have Jimbo. He’s a better coach than Harsin. However, neither one is really good. Jimbo ran FSU into the ground, and is now doing the same with tamu. Given the money they paid Jimbo, they are in a worse situation. I’d rather have paid Harsin’s salary for a bad dud than Jimbo’s salary for a slightly better dud. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

I watched the Texas A&M vs South Carolina game and Jordan Rodgers didn't hold back when talking about Jimbo's play calling. He said Jimbo has got to give up play calling duties to a competent OC because Jimbo isn't adjusting his offense to his personnel. He is trying to force a square peg into a round hole and it won't work. Jordan said that everyone seems to understand this except Jimbo. 

After last weeks loss, Jimbo was asked if he would consider giving up play calling duties and he gave a long winded answer but said yes. Personally, I don't think Jimbo's ego will allow him to give up play calling. 

The years of Jimbo being a "quarterback whisperer" are long gone. 

Edited by TeamZero77

15 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

he destroyed fsu and let winston and others run wild. it got really wicked down there before it was all over. i guess the pressure got to him. winston was a thug who walks in a hamburger joint and gets one of those little cups you put ketchup in and was drinking coke in it that he did not pay for. female manager asked him to stop and he gets smart so she calls the cops and he threatens here. jimbo sold his soul for that natty.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Jimbo has consistently shown that he can do less with more talent all throughout his head coaching career—at least he has an MNC to show for it though I guess. 

He certainly makes all the right decisions from a contractual viewpoint.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I watched the Texas A&M vs South Carolina game and Jordan Rodgers didn't hold back when talking about Jimbo's play calling. He said Jimbo has got to give up play calling duties to a competent OC because Jimbo isn't adjusting his offense to his personnel. He is trying to force a square peg into a round hole and it won't work. Jordan said that everyone seems to understand this except Jimbo. 

After last weeks loss, Jimbo was asked if he would consider giving up play calling duties and he gave a long winded answer but said yes. Personally, I don't think Jimbo's ego will allow him to give up play calling. 

The years of Jimbo being a "quarterback whisperer" are long gone. 

Malzahn must have graduated from Fisher OC school.