8 in 10 Democrats, Republicans say opposition would destroy America if not stopped: survey

Auburn85

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3700178-8-in-10-democrats-republicans-say-opposition-would-destroy-america-if-not-stopped-survey/

Majorities of Republicans and Democrats in a new poll said that the opposition party would destroy America as we know it if it is not stopped.

The NBC News poll, published on Sunday, found that 81 percent of Democratic respondents said that the GOP poses a threat to the country, while 17 percent of Democrats surveyed disagree. 

By comparison, 79 percent of Republican respondents said that Democrats are a threat to the U.S., while 20 percent of Republican respondents don’t think so. 

In addition to the findings on polarization in the U.S., 47 percent of respondents said that they prefer Democrats control Congress rather than Republicans, while 46 percent prefer a GOP-controlled Congress. Seven percent were undecided.

Fifty-seven percent of respondents, meanwhile, said this year’s midterm elections are more important than the previous ones, 37 percent of respondents said they are equally important and 6 percent said they are not that important to them. 

The NBC News poll was conducted from October 14 to October 18 with a total of 1,000 respondents participating in the survey. The poll’s margin of error is 3.1 percentage points.

2 hours ago, Auburn85 said:

I can see this.  I don’t understand it, as Biden promised to bring the nation together.

• Facepalm 1

That is the problem.  We aren't Americans anymore.  We are democrats and republicans.  We allowed some in politics and, the media to cultivate fear and hatred of one another.

If it is a conspiracy,,, it is brilliant.  Our division renders us helpless to solve any of our real problems.

Left/Right politics is utterly stupid when you don't even know where you are.  It's not about being left or right.  It's about knowing when to be left or, right.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Said it before. Reagan had the Right recipe for 1980. His vision doesnt work in every situation. 

Obama's was the answer in 2008 with the financial crisis. 

There is no one idea that works in all phases of history and economy,

16 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Said it before. Reagan had the Right recipe for 1980. His vision doesnt work in every situation. 

Obama's was the answer in 2008 with the financial crisis. 

There is no one idea that works in all phases of history and economy,

so did bill make our country prosperous again or do you think he was riding off of ron's policies? i have missed you suga britches,,,,,,,,,,

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can see this.  I don’t understand it, as Biden promised to bring the nation together.

this is because you still have the trump taint on you. it is kinda like covid fog.......grins. how are you today im4?

i believe right now the repubs would take over the country if they could and to hell with what folks think. i am not saying by violence but it also cannot be ruled out. i will admit with all the crazies they have they make me nervous and i am afraid they will destroy this country. i am dead serious............

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this is because you still have the trump taint on you. it is kinda like covid fog.......grins. how are you today im4?

Good, had a good weekend with no disappointment from Auburn Football.  Thanks for asking.

• Love 1