State of the Roster (Updated 10/24)

Zeek

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I personally can't understand it either, one from the aspect that the ones that "aren't" are being allowed to get away with it, and two, I can't imagine how the ones that are busting their tails feel about it either.

I personally think he is doing this stuff on purpose 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I've seen the term "quiet quitting" being used. From everything I've seen. That's seems accurate. I just wonder if AU is trying to get some kind of "cause" thing together at the end of the season, bc what he doing right now is pure negligence. If he were out recruiting, doing his thing but still losing games, fine, but he's doing the exact opposite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I've seen the term "quiet quitting" being used. From everything I've seen. That's seems accurate. I just wonder if AU is trying to get some kind of "cause" thing together at the end of the season, bc what he doing right now is pure negligence. If he were out recruiting, doing his thing but still losing games, fine, but he's doing the exact opposite.

It is hard to prove though is what I am getting through the tea leaves. Intent is a very sticky subject .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

A part of the problem is there isn't really a team geographically close to us imploding like LSU did with coach O. So there won't be as much talent to easily snake last second. 

Good point. We will have to be creative. The first year will likely be finding serviceable guys. 

If by some chance there is a good QB we can land, getting him could bring others. 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

If the Utah State AD is hired, I presume Grimes is the run away favorite. I think we need to get our mental ready for that and to support him.

Actively trying to keep pushing his name out there so fans can start looking into him and convincing themselves it's good lol.

• Haha 1

With all those OL leaving that should leave it wide open for transfers. Need to shout it from the mountain tops. If you want a chance to play immediately with a ton of exposure, come to Auburn.

• Like 1

The OL position - We all saw this coming. Even with the low OL numbers that we have returning, how many of those are actually starting SEC caliber players? Also finding portal lineman is difficult. The top teams in the country are always plucking the best from other teams. I guess we are all about to find out.
This has been our fear for years and it is finally coming home to roost.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

I've been feeling that way since February, it feels like it's even more noticeable now more then ever. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

Just now, woodford said:

With all those OL leaving that should leave it wide open for transfers. Need to shout it from the mountain tops. If you want a chance to play immediately with a ton of exposure, come to Auburn.

Unfortunately we have been saying this since 2018. Of course now we are at a point of no return. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Then pissing around and allowing him to purposefully tank his own program should press Roberts/McGlynn/Gen Burgess to get the termination in motion immediately.  Intentional grounding comes with a penalty.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is hard to prove though is what I am getting through the tea leaves. Intent is a very sticky subject .

That's very true. It sucks man lol

35 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

The OL position - We all saw this coming. Even with the low OL numbers that we have returning, how many of those are actually starting SEC caliber players? Also finding portal lineman is difficult. The top teams in the country are always plucking the best from other teams. I guess we are all about to find out.
This has been our fear for years and it is finally coming home to roost.

We didn't all see it coming.  Mikey told us for years that OL recruiting was fine.  

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Haha 3

Thanks Zeek, great stuff! With portal jumping and NIL $ drawing 5 stars to who knows where (cough cough Jackson State? cough cough) predictions from season to season have become guesses IMO. Just compare our QB room rigjt now to this time last yr. Your depth today may be gone in the offseason or your weakness gets a world class boost or two. Strange times.

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

3 year rebuild.  

Not if you use the Portal appropriately and aggressively 

15 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It’s embarrassingly bad to see that roster breakdown like that. The truth definitely hurts lol. 

I think it’s important to put next season into context for whomever is our HC lol

• Like 3

Current commits for the sake of the discussion. Granted, everything will be up in the air when Harsin is fired.

4* RB Jeremiah Cobb would be a good rotational piece

4* WR Adam Hopkins needs some development

4* S Terrance Love recently grew and is looking like he could see the field early

4* WR Daquayvious Sorey has a MASSIVE talent difference to overcome from the competition he is used to down here

4* DE Ashley Williams will need to fill out some more

4* ER Wilky Denaud can get reps early and has an amazing build

4* IOL Clay Wedin can play anywhere on the line and is a great run blocker

4* OC Bradyn Joiner will compete for a spot at center. Has a mean streak.

3* DL Jamarrion Harkless depth piece

3* CB JC Hart a lot of athleticism but needs to develop

3* IOL Gernorris Wilson needs to put on some mass but can compete early for a spot

1 hour ago, DAG said:

If the Utah State AD is hired, I presume Grimes is the run away favorite. I think we need to get our mental ready for that and to support him.

I'd prefer Prime by far, but will fully support Grimes.

Until I don't :big:

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

I'd prefer Prime by far, but will fully support Grimes.

Until I don't :big:

That's my approach. Blindly defend them so they at least have a ******* chance in public perception before a game is played. If they're a** whatever but let's not make it clear to the whole world we think they'll fail.

Fake a smile and let recruits see a message of unity and support.

Keep the griping to DMs lol.

That said, I do think Grimes would be a great hire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not if you use the Portal appropriately and aggressively 

Were there even 5 SEC ready OL in the portal last year?  I hate to break it to you but we're not finding 5 within 2 years minimum and there are plenty of other holes to fill as well.  We were at least a 2 year rebuild before Harsin put us further behind.

I am not talking about getting back to an 8-4 team, I'm talkiing about the soonest we can reasonably expect to compete for championships.  There's no difference between 8-4 and 6-6.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1