Good info

bigbird

I'm going away from wanting a guy who was an o line coach because we've sucked at o line for so long. And I'm not saying a guy is dumb or smart because of a position

I don't want somebody that everybody likes because he was at Auburn before. I want somebody who will shake stuff up and won't listen to people who clearly don't know how football is being played now. 

But most important I want someone who's interest lies for his players. Nothing comes before that.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Great guy and coach. He'll keep us out of the news and probably get us back to winning games. However, out of all the names I've seen, he seems like he'd have the lowest ceiling. Jmo

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Personally I think he is. The ability is there but that throwing motion has to change, he’s throwing the football like it’s a baseball and that ain’t gone work. If he can smooth out those mechanics a bit I think he can be at least decent 

Now a QB who I think isn’t D1 caliber is TJ. 

Robby has so much talent. I love athletes at QB but you gotta be a qb first. He makes so many mistakes he puts us, himself in a hole.  I want to stick with him this year. But he’s gotta clean the game up. I liked him long ago. I think he can improve the fumbling and bad decisions. It’s the throws slightly behind the receiver that concerns  me. I really feel bad for TJ. He got hurt and kinda lost out on getting a better chance. But he did get a chance at Ole Miss and also fumbled. Both have their own strengths. They just don’t have enough room to grow into the experience.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Personally I think he is. The ability is there but that throwing motion has to change, he’s throwing the football like it’s a baseball and that ain’t gone work. If he can smooth out those mechanics a bit I think he can be at least decent 

Now a QB who I think isn’t D1 caliber is TJ. 

Wow. To me it's not close, as far as throwing the ball. I do agree as far as the position they are in it's hard to really judge either one. O line is horrible, no run game, no high level athletes at wr.....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm going away from wanting a guy who was an o line coach because we've sucked at o line for so long. And I'm not saying a guy is dumb or smart because of a position

I don't want somebody that everybody likes because he was at Auburn before. I want somebody who will shake stuff up and won't listen to people who clearly don't know how football is being played now. 

But most important I want someone who's interest lies for his players. Nothing comes before that.

Grimes is no different than Sanders in that regard. That said I’d be for Sanders to come  shake things up. 

56 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Grimes is no different than Sanders in that regard. That said I’d be for Sanders to come  shake things up. 

Sanders has never been at Auburn...What? How is Grimes no different then Sanders? I'll wait?  🤣

Edited by autiger88

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Wow. To me it's not close, as far as throwing the ball. I do agree as far as the position they are in it's hard to really judge either one. O line is horrible, no run game, no high level athletes at wr.....

He’s had some horrible turnovers don’t get me wrong but I feel like if he wasn’t a D1 QB he wouldn’t produce ANY kind of plays as a QB.

He’s made quite a few improv plays with his arm and legs. I think he’s worthy of sticking with him to see if he can improve imo. I mean this is his first year playing QB on the college level

17 hours ago, Viper said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Oklahoma
Oklahoma  22 Commits      2    5-stars    13    4-stars

Auburn
Auburn  11 Commits           0    5-stars    8    4-stars

Venables is exactly who they need going into the SEC. Oklahoma has the offense and Heisman winners to have won 2-3 national championships in the past 15 years or so but haven't because they've lacked one crucial aspect that almost if not all BCS and Playoff champs have had since then and that's dominate NFL defensive linemen. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Sanders has never been at Auburn...What? How is Grimes no different then Sanders? I'll wait?  🤣

I was so confused

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alexava said:

Robby has so much talent. I love athletes at QB but you gotta be a qb first. He makes so many mistakes he puts us, himself in a hole.  I want to stick with him this year. But he’s gotta clean the game up. I liked him long ago. I think he can improve the fumbling and bad decisions. It’s the throws slightly behind the receiver that concerns  me. I really feel bad for TJ. He got hurt and kinda lost out on getting a better chance. But he did get a chance at Ole Miss and also fumbled. Both have their own strengths. They just don’t have enough room to grow into the experience.  

He is a reason for excitement about the future. Really like his abilities and possibilities. Loved Nick Marshall. Great to have a QB that can go for 50 or 60 with his legs on any given play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm honestly waiting for his response becuase I'm confused myself lol 

He has a thing where he is going to disagree with anything that I say. And don't let race come up......maybe that's it probably saying grimes deals with the same stuff Sanders does or nobody dislikes Sanders because of his race or something to that extent

• Like 1

Maybe this has been discussed but being that Grimes is an OC and would be moving to HC if hired who do we think he would hire as his OC and Offensive line coach? Just curious as to what we think he would do if chosen...more that I think about it wonder who he would hire on the defensive side of the ball...

I think Grimes could be decent but again it's another OC moving to HC and having to fill out his coaching staff....my number 1 is still primetime but thought I would ask as to what kind of staff he would assemble...

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Maybe this has been discussed but being that Grimes is an OC and would be moving to HC if hired who do we think he would hire as his OC and Offensive line coach? Just curious as to what we think he would do if chosen...

I've wondered that myself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I was so confused

I believe his response about Grimes and Sanders not being diffferent was to this statement below in cole's post.  Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

On 10/18/2022 at 8:12 AM, woodford said:

This is interesting

Wow, he looks like a young Kurt Rambis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He’s had some horrible turnovers don’t get me wrong but I feel like if he wasn’t a D1 QB he wouldn’t produce ANY kind of plays as a QB.

He’s made quite a few improv plays with his arm and legs. I think he’s worthy of sticking with him to see if he can improve imo. I mean this is his first year playing QB on the college level

What I've seen of Ashford is evidence of why he never took a snap in two years at Oregon. He can run. Beyond that, there's not much beside a strong throwing arm. It would suit me if they spent the off week getting Geriner ready to take the wheel. Ashford would be fun to watch if he played slot receiver and ran some jet sweeps.

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yet, even the current roster is capable of being a much better team

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

What I've seen of Ashford is evidence of why he never took a snap in two years at Oregon. He can run. Beyond that, there's not much beside a strong throwing arm. It would suit me if they spent the off week getting Geriner ready to take the wheel. Ashford would be fun to watch if he played slot receiver and ran some jet sweeps.

We’re not sophisticated enough to have a freshman QB paired with a bad OL.  You think he can check us out of bad matchups and audible to plays to take advantage of blitzes?  All that will happen is that his confidence will take a hit and he’ll develop bad habits that will have to be untrained.  He’ll hit a few big plays and make some dumb mistakes but overall the O won’t move…pretty similar to what we have now?

Ashford, our sacrificial QB this year, is the team’s best option.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

This sort of reminds me when you said to move Willis to hb or safety.....I may change my mind

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

He can be better I ain’t saying he’s the future but he ain’t working with much on offense other than his RB’s. I think there’s something there to invest in