Let's get to the bottom -insider information

Taker

On 10/17/2022 at 9:03 AM, bigbird said:

Opinions based on faulty assumptions or inadequate/wrong data, like my initial support for CBH, should want to be corrected.  

If anything I liked him more that you did initially.  I was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

If anything I liked him more that you did initially.  I was wrong.

Giving someone enough time to prove themselves is a good thing, IMO.  

We did, he did, we changed our opinions. 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

2012: who’s it going to be?

Muschamp, Kirby, Gary Patterson, Petrino? It’s Gus

2020: who’s it going to be?
Cristobal, Napier, Venables, Steele, T Elliott? It’s Harsin 

2022: who’s it going to be?
Kiffin, Freeze, Sanders, Grimes, Rhule?

We won’t know until we know. 

1AD85FE8-6101-42FE-8359-01D6A6F7ED49.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/17/2022 at 3:36 PM, KansasTiger said:

There are parts of this that I have come to realize I won't get an answer to. Like why is it taking months to install the AD if there's been a favorite for a while? Why can't we fire Harsin and install a new AD at the same time? These might be questions only Roberts and a handful of people can answer. So I'm just going to have some faith, cause I have some to spare now that I don't have to give any to football games this year...

First you hire new AD give AD time to familiarize with Auburn community and to have input on new hire. That input is probably why it is  1a and 1b waiting for new A D to weigh in.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:32 AM, bigbird said:

Hartwell announced this week. Most likely Friday.

CBH fired at end of the season

1a: Grimes 

1b: Deion

This info has been posted previously in multiple threads by @RunInRed and I.

The day is the current day.

When does the thing happen?

I told all my co-workers that a giant jaundiced avian creature told me Auburn would announce a new AD today.... now I look crazy.

Edited by Mims44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

First you hire new AD give AD time to familiarize with Auburn community and to have input on new hire. That input is probably why it is  1a and 1b waiting for new A D to weigh in.

Thats great, and completely understandable. But doesn't address my two questions that I stated. Its taken a long long time to hire this new AD, and the new AD can familiarize himself with the community and have input on the new hire without Harsin being retained right now.

I've learned to be OK with this waiting game now, but that doesnt mean the timeline makes sense to me still.

Edited by KansasTiger

Had to wait for hurricane season for buyout and to set new salary cap. Jimmy is adding up the Ian sales. Stand by.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Had to wait for hurricane season for buyout and to set new salary cap. Jimmy is adding up the Ian sales. Stand by.

giphy.gif

Sweet shoes. 

...upcoming midterm elections, district lines being updated, Puttin gone crazy, food, gas and ticket prices rising, parking being updated to match forecasts from A-I analytics... Auburn's an amazing place and I love it with all my heart but we are the Day's of Our Lives of the SEC. 4 other schools we would consider "inferior" to Auburn fired their HC, had a transition plan, and have now moved on. Auburn - Nah,t yet.  #WDE 

Some of y'all are on Stephen A Smith levels with the predictions. I would sooner retire at this point.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Mims44 said:

The day is the current day.

When does the thing happen?

I told all my co-workers that a giant jaundiced avian creature told me Auburn would announce a new AD today.... now I look crazy.

This was covered on the donor board first thing this morning.

The timeline has shifted, it's still Hartwell and Nunez 1 & 2. Although I'm not sure which order.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

This was covered on the donor board first thing this morning.

The timeline has shifted, it's still Hartwell and Nunez 1 & 2. Although I'm not sure which order.

Ahhh, yeah. I'm not rich enough for that.

I can only go off the crumbs given to us lowlife losers here in genpop forums have.

Have told my Auburn co-workers the new info though ;)

My birdman intel is barnone around the watering hole.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Just curious, but how many starting QBs transferred in the portal? I keep seeing people say that all of Auburn's, and by default every other team's,  problems could have been resolved with recruiting or the portal. If it was that easy, then why hasn't every school improved? Just because you bring in new players, that doesn't guarantee a better performance by a team. Look at the NFL, the worst team gets the best draft picks and they usually suck regardless.  

Maybe this will answer your question.  https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/college/ncaa-college-football-qb-transfers/287-5f6229b9-8cdc-4c88-a841-4aa2fca1ca91

• Like 1

11 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Ok just curious. 

Not OP but a couple of reasons that come to mind:

- People develop at different rates

- Might not have had an interest of becoming a HC until recently 

- Might not interview well

Point is you need to find the right guy for your specific need. Look at Arkansas and how well Pittman, close to a 30 year career with no Coordinator  or above experience, has turned things around over there.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

Not OP but a couple of reasons that come to mind:

- People develop at different rates

- Might not have had an interest of becoming a HC until recently 

- Might not interview well

Point is you need to find the right guy for your specific need. Look at Arkansas and how well Pittman, close to a 30 year career with no Coordinator  or above experience, has turned things around over there.

In Pitman's Case he was an Assistant Head Coach at 5 stops along the way.  2 in the SEC UGA & Arky.  So he may not have been a coordinator but may have had to pick up HC responsibilities...

VIRGINIA DOUBLE DRIBBLED!!!!!

On 10/17/2022 at 9:24 AM, bigbird said:

Like why is that a hard concept.  Both would be fantastic here. 

IMO, Grimes is better overall because he unites and aligns everybody from the $$, to the BOT, to the Administration, to the players, to the fans. With Deion, there are some on the BOT and $$ that are hesitant due to his inexperience and the potential to "run home to momma".  It's an unknown and has the potential to play out either way.

MY OPINION is that I think he would do really well here. It would be a very exciting time for AU football.

Is it only b/t Grimes and Sanders? Isn't Freeze still in the mix? 

3 hours ago, Systems said:

Is it only b/t Grimes and Sanders? Isn't Freeze still in the mix? 

Freeze will always be Jimmy's guy, so there's always a chance.

That said, JR isn't trying to influence the AD search, allowing Roberts to hire his guy. I'd assume the same will happen during the HC search.

However, depending on who the AD is selected, Hugh could vault to #1

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

That said, JR isn't trying to influence the AD search, allowing Roberts to hire his guy. I'd assume the same will happen during the HC search.

Which of the AD candidates would favor Freeze?

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Could we be competing against TAMU for Freeze?

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Could we be competing against TAMU for Freeze?

Who knows what TAMU will do. I'd be shocked if he is let go after this year. They may though, they aren't happy 

47 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all crazy if you think TAMU is going to go after Freeze if they even fire Jimbo. 🤣

Why would they not go after freeze?

• Like 1