For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

13 hours ago, yeaauburn said:

I think Dan Mullen could be successful at Auburn. He hasn't forgotten how to coach.    

The guy that once stated, “I’m going to write a book one day” on AU stealing Cam from him. 

Yeah Mullen at AU would go over well. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Appreciate it.  I remember this but would we really have considered Harsin for a coach if Green hadn't met him?  I seriously doubt it very much.  No one else was picking him up.  I just said ADAG because he was speaking on where he met him.  While there were other coaches out there at smaller programs that were doing much better than he was doing in Boise at the time.  Of Course just my opinion.  Again, appreciate the clarification.

Probably not. At the time we all wanted something different than what we typically had previous. It was an out of the box hire that failed.

Can't believe this thread got 18 pages. 

Ok on a positive note, hiring Neon would give us instant youthful hipness and we'd be cool for way longer than any of our previous, stodgy coaches. We'd probably get a team celebration necklace or something like The U has, or Neon might launch himself into players arms a time or two like that Minn Golden Gopher coach who was flavor of the month for like 20 seconds. Instant hipness, I like it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yeaauburn said:

I think Dan Mullen could be successful at Auburn. He hasn't forgotten how to coach.    

This is true. The problem would be that he can't get away with his shenanigans at Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Can't believe this thread got 18 pages. 

Ok on a positive note, hiring Neon would give us instant youthful hipness and we'd be cool for way longer than any of our previous, stodgy coaches. We'd probably get a team celebration necklace or something like The U has, or Neon might launch himself into players arms a time or two like that Minn Golden Gopher coach who was flavor of the month for like 20 seconds. Instant hipness, I like it.

Who do you be talking to?

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Probably not. At the time we all wanted something different than what we typically had previous. It was an out of the box hire that failed.

So what's the real with that. When Harsin was looking like a good hire the "insiders" said it wasn't Greene it was somebody else.....now that the hire sucks they are saying it's Greene again? 

I mean come on that's even beneath what I'd expect here with stuff like that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autan said:

This is true. The problem would be that he can't get away with his shenanigans at Auburn.

How is that even remotely true? Bro couldn't win at Florida but yet come here and win. Yeah that makes sense 🙂 

He not only bad mouth Cam and Us but didn't even really wanna recruit so...

• Thanks 1

Auburn’s administration is creating a chaotic environment. Everyone involved, coaches, players, alumni, fans needs to know what is going on. We are having players leave, others schools are poaching our recruits. It is insane that we don't have an AD by now!!! I am pulling my hair out!

Also, if we don't go after Deion Sanders it will bite us in the butt later and be so typical!!! So like a lot of you saying it is not a good fit. That is Bull $…

• Like 1

You know, I wasn't sold on Prime.  I think he can be successful here and the more of these videos that I see...the more I like.  I like the part of treating and caring for these young men.  He really shows he cares. 

• Like 3

Prime is old school. A lot of you that are doubting him because he’s flashy or whatever don’t realize that he learned under Bowden and Jimmy Johnson. 
He’s as old school as they come...

He just isn’t afraid to show his confidence. 
He also loves his players (this is really an old school trait as well) and puts their well-being first.

Hes what AU needs

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Viper said:

Why is it a foregone conclusion in some folks’ minds that if FSU ever comes open, that’s where Prime would want to go?

Other than Harbaugh, there are next to no spotlight P5 programs where the HC is an alum and is successful. Fitzgerald at NW, but their expectations are to have a winning season. 

Frost was a grand failure. Was the hottest name in the biz at UCF. 

The expectations of an alum at his alma mater is magnified a million times more than if they weren’t. And if it goes south, like it did with Frost, can be an emotional nightmare. The risk vs. reward factor cannot be underestimated.

Even Harbaugh had difficulties getting Michigan fans off his back just a short time ago.

I don’t believe Prime would choose FSU as his first P5 spot. At AU as his spring board? Maybe. Still…it’s a monstrous risk taking over your alma mater.

Kirby

If he wouldn't be a good coach at FSU, why would he be a good coach here?

Does he have problems with them I don't know about? I just can't see him turning them down otherwise.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

You know, I wasn't sold on Prime.  I think he can be successful here and the more of these videos that I see...the more I like.  I like the part of treating and caring for these young men.  He really shows he cares. 

Love this video.  My opinions of Deion Sanders have changed so much, for the better, in the last three weeks!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

Love this video.  My opinions of Deion Sanders have changed so much, for the better, in the last three weeks!

I would have to agree with you.  Also, he is a HC and is old school which I like.  Tough love, you don't study, you don't play, you don't practice you don't play, You hurt?  Heal...do the right thing

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

So what's the real with that. When Harsin was looking like a good hire the "insiders" said it wasn't Greene it was somebody else.....now that the hire sucks they are saying it's Greene again? 

That's the stuff that drives me crazy. How quickly people change up. But like j said, who are you going to blame when all the boogie men are no way around 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

You're making stuff up out of thin air. I never saw a post claiming anyone other than Greene hired Harsin.

As far as Greene goes, I've seen plenty of posts crediting Greene with fighting to keep Bruce Pearl when Leath wanted to fire him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

You're making stuff up out of thin air. I never saw a post claiming anyone other than Greene hired Harsin.

As far as Greene goes, I've seen plenty of posts crediting Greene with fighting to keep Bruce Pearl when Leath wanted to fire him.

So the thing about Pearl is, he's a complete different person than Harsin.....

And I don't ever make stuff up. I'm not you. I could care less what you have seen. You are the last person I would think of for validation or credibility. What happened to you not talking to me btw?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Yeah it's crazy when you actually find out about a person as opposed of going by what you thought, or what you heard, or the best one yet what somebody else said......you may find out they were wrong the entire time

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

What happened to you not talking to me btw?

The same thing that happened to you being forbidden to react to me. Titan re-set the rules when he made his post several months ago about continued bickering. So far, continued bickering isn't what's been going on.

Credit to Greene, he intervened and saved Pearl's job at Auburn.

Not so hot for Greene, he hired Harsin.

As to people saying Greene wasn't responsible for hiring Harsin, that simply didn't happen. It was very well spelled out that Greene and Harsin met years earlier and when the job came open, Harsin was Greene's man. That statement was from Greene himself.

22 hours ago, woodford said:

Wasn't Bo Jackson on the search committee that ended up with Harsin?

No, Bo was on the search committee that hired Gus. That search committee was Bo, Pat Sullivan and Mac Crawford.

7 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Greene had no idea Harsin would be the disaster he is......Had he known there's no way he would have hired him.

If course he didn't. Nobody did until Harsin got here and things started getting wonky.