For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah it's been said that both Bo and Chuck want him. I just think Norvell is getting fired at the end of this season.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah it's been said that both Bo and Chuck want him. I just think Norvell is getting fired at the end of this season.

All the more reason to pull the trigger now. 

• Like 3

On 10/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Kiffin freeze, and some unknown coordinators. Its been the same list from pre-Harsin. Probably will be the same list in 2032. And Deion’s a one time shot.

We’ve got a serious decades-long carb addiction. 

I'll give you one thing, you never seem to tire of beating that same old drum.

Emoji character emotion drum musical instrument Vector Image

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Aww shucks guess Auburn better give up on Deion becuase we just wouldn't be able to out duel Florida State. ( This is Sarcasm) 😒

Ok, but there is a very good chance he'd pick mama.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, autiger88 said:

Aww shucks guess Auburn better give up on Deion becuase we just wouldn't be able to out duel Florida State. 😒

Have you ever stopped to think about his cholesterol, the fact that he has his own money, or think that he may decide he just don't want to come here?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Maybe but you don't know that... This is one of the problems with AU fans quit worrying if another school will either get the coach or steal one from us. Good lord. 

The consensus wishlist among our fanbase seems to be him and Kiffin, with Freeze at third. Maybe we could get one of those three, but we *have* to have a plan if all three of those fall through, because there is a very good possibility of that happening.

My "backup plans" would be Grimes, Monken, and McGee.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'll give you one thing, you never seem to tire of beating that same old drum.

Thanks. your feedback means … a lot

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Just because he likes freeze doesn’t mean it is going to happen that way . It is definitely going to just take more than him with someone like freeze and freeze is my favorite along with DS. 

K.

What was Freezes medical condition? He coached a game from a hospital bed if memory serves.. Would this be a hindrance to being hired at AU? We need to vet all candidates fairly

Edited by NWALA Tiger

16 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wasn't Bo Jackson on the search committee that ended up with Harsin?

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

Wasn't Bo Jackson on the search committee that ended up with Harsin?

No he was on the one with Gus.  Green made this selection all by his lonesome, I believe.  And someone in another thread is using the race card to state why Harsin didn't get support...LOL...can't be that Harsin was over his head and either didn't get the help he needed (by letting him know the lay of the land) or he was arrogant enough to believe he had this.  Doesn't matter at this point.

10 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

No he was on the one with Gus.  Green made this selection all by his lonesome, I believe.  And someone in another thread is using the race card to state why Harsin didn't get support...LOL...can't be that Harsin was over his head and either didn't get the help he needed (by letting him know the lay of the land) or he was arrogant enough to believe he had this.  Doesn't matter at this point.

That has already been debunked as a lie and yes Bo was on the committee. When in your lifetime have you seen a sole proprietor make a decision at Auburn? 

7 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I know it's sacrilegious but when it comes opinions on coaching hires, I could care less what Bo Jackson has to say or Charles Barkley, Frank Thomas, Tim Hudson, or Cam Newton for that matter. Being a superstar athlete does not mean you necessarily know what's best for the program. 

Bo’s interview was very savvy. He credentialized prime and then put subtle pressure on the admin - “If they’re ready”. Game day at jax st will continue it. 

Edited by auburnatl1

17 hours ago, AUwent said:

Why is it a foregone conclusion in some folks’ minds that if FSU ever comes open, that’s where Prime would want to go?

Other than Harbaugh, there are next to no spotlight P5 programs where the HC is an alum and is successful. Fitzgerald at NW, but their expectations are to have a winning season. 

Frost was a grand failure. Was the hottest name in the biz at UCF. 

The expectations of an alum at his alma mater is magnified a million times more than if they weren’t. And if it goes south, like it did with Frost, can be an emotional nightmare. The risk vs. reward factor cannot be underestimated.

Even Harbaugh had difficulties getting Michigan fans off his back just a short time ago.

I don’t believe Prime would choose FSU as his first P5 spot. At AU as his spring board? Maybe. Still…it’s a monstrous risk taking over your alma mater.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

That has already been debunked as a lie and yes Bo was on the committee. When in your lifetime have you seen a sole proprietor make a decision at Auburn? 

Why the hostility? So who all was in on the decision? I seem to remember Green talking about him meeting in the hot tub and it went from there.  A couple of interviews and the trigger was pulled.  If it is incorrect then please feel free to let us all know what the entire process was?

19 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Why the hostility? So who all was in on the decision? I seem to remember Green talking about him meeting in the hot tub and it went from there.  A couple of interviews and the trigger was pulled.  If it is incorrect then please feel free to let us all know what the entire process was?

Haha I am not being hostile. You can look it up yourself but it started with an advisory committee and park executive search firm of Atlanta, Georgia. In that advisory committee was the likes of General Burgess and Quentin Riggins who are highly respected. Apparently they also were in the main interview along with ADAG.

Clearly all of these proponents were in accord with the recommendation of CBH as head coach but ultimately ADAG had to bring it to the BOT and President for approval. So yes, he is ultimately the fall guy but let’s not act like there wasn’t those currently around the Auburn program who didn’t also support the recommendation and hiring.

The advisory committee includes athletics director Allen Greene; Lieutenant General Ron Burgess, the executive vice president of Auburn; Dr. Beverly Marshall, an Auburn faculty athletic representative; Tim Jackson, executive associate athletics director; Bo Jackson, the former Auburn great and Heisman winner; Quentin Riggins, a former Auburn player and Board of Trustees member; Randy Campbell, a former Auburn letterman; and Michelle McKenna, the NFL’s chief information officer and an Auburn graduate

Edited by DAG

22 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Why the hostility? So who all was in on the decision?

Yep, DAG can come across as grumpy.  But in the past month I’ve come to believe he may be one of the few sane people on this board with real insight. It’s just gonna hurt sometimes 😎

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haha I am not being hostile. You can look it up yourself but it started with an advisory committee and park executive search firm of Atlanta, Georgia. In that advisory committee was the likes of General Burgess and Quentin Riggins who are highly respected. Apparently they also were in the main interview along with ADAG.

Clearly all of these proponents were in accord with the recommendation of CBH as head coach but ultimately ADAG had to bring it to the BOT and President for approval. So yes, he is ultimately the fall guy but let’s not act like there wasn’t those currently around the Auburn program who didn’t also support the recommendation and hiring.

The advisory committee includes athletics director Allen Greene; Lieutenant General Ron Burgess, the executive vice president of Auburn; Dr. Beverly Marshall, an Auburn faculty athletic representative; Tim Jackson, executive associate athletics director; Bo Jackson, the former Auburn great and Heisman winner; Quentin Riggins, a former Auburn player and Board of Trustees member; Randy Campbell, a former Auburn letterman; and Michelle McKenna, the NFL’s chief information officer and an Auburn graduate

Appreciate it.  I remember this but would we really have considered Harsin for a coach if Green hadn't met him?  I seriously doubt it very much.  No one else was picking him up.  I just said ADAG because he was speaking on where he met him.  While there were other coaches out there at smaller programs that were doing much better than he was doing in Boise at the time.  Of Course just my opinion.  Again, appreciate the clarification.