For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

This thread will explode to 30+ pages if another school is rumored to be interested in Deion.  Texas A&M maybe, FSU?

• Haha 1

ESPN GameDay heading to JSU.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/espn-s-college-gameday-coming-to-deion-sanders-jackson-state-football-for-first-time/ar-AA13hZiP?cvid=1a550a2de8234b8bbad9f389b05b7ce7

Deion Sanders is a super promoter.  He commands attention.  People follow him.  He wins.

I am afraid we will never understand the value of PR and promotion.  We are just too traditional, too conservative.  We will hire a football coach when,,, we could get so much more.  Have we learned nothing from Bruce Pearl?

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/espn-s-college-gameday-coming-to-deion-sanders-jackson-state-football-for-first-time/ar-AA13hZiP?cvid=1a550a2de8234b8bbad9f389b05b7ce7

Deion Sanders is a super promoter.  He commands attention.  People follow him.  He wins.

I am afraid we will never understand the value of PR and promotion.  We are just too traditional, too conservative.  We will hire a football coach when,,, we could get so much more.  Have we learned nothing from Bruce Pearl?

The basketball program has the same damn PTB that the football program does. You guys do understand that, right?

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The basketball program has the same damn PTB that the football program does. You guys do understand that, right?

I do not understand what you are trying to say?  And,,, I'm not sure your statement is even true.

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I do not understand what you are trying to say?  And,,, I'm not sure your statement is even true.

Our fans act like two completely different booster organizations run football and basketball. The same boosters that are supposedly out to ruin football are somehow allowing basketball and baseball (and damn near every other program) to succeed.

Has anyone ever considered that Prime may just not want to come here for reasons we can't do anything about?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Our fans act like two completely different booster organizations run football and basketball. The same boosters that are supposedly out to ruin football are somehow allowing basketball and baseball (and damn near every other program) to succeed.

Has anyone ever considered that Prime may just not want to come here for reasons we can't do anything about?

christmas-vacation-no-shit.gif

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Just say yes. He goes in every other thread and plays the what if game but for whatever reason he wants this thread shut down. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, AUwent said:

Prime’s response from 60 Minutes on if he would entertain P5 programs wanting him to be their HC, “I’d be a fool not to.”

We still have a HC. Even if we had an interim, programs don’t announce the new HC until after the season.

That said, if you believe the PTB hasn’t had contact with Prime’s camp and other realistic candidates’ camps to gauge interest and even negotiate tentative deals, you’ve got your head in the sand.

So I would turn that question around and ask…has anyone considered that Prime has been contacted, wants to come here and is waiting till mid December to announce?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DAG said:

Auburn would never let this happen but this would be insane. 

Not the right fit.  We need the band playing Sweet Caroline and our player getting their hands up for bodda getta 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

If you have to advertise your program, then you probably don't have much of a history of winning. Hence Bruce Pearl doing back flips and taking his shirt off at football games.

Yes, being traditional and conservative are things we should steer away from. It's done a hurting on schools like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson, etc. 

You either win football games and put players in the NFL or you have 90 different uniforms trying to sway kids. Twitter is not real life. The elite players want to get to the NFL and if they can win a title along the way then that's great too. 

Do people really want Auburn football to turn into a sideshow? That's cringe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

If you have to advertise your program, then you probably don't have much of a history of winning. Hence Bruce Pearl doing back flips and taking his shirt off at football games.

Yes, being traditional and conservative are things we should steer away from. It's done a hurting on schools like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson, etc. 

You either win football games and put players in the NFL or you have 90 different uniforms trying to sway kids. Twitter is not real life. The elite players want to get to the NFL and if they can win a title along the way then that's great too. 

The football program is really cringe right now, no?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The football program is really cringe right now, no?

Lol you either do the old way I don't want it!

Also lol at pretending Alabama don't promote and listen to what the players want and get it for them IMMEDIATELY.  Not only do they promote it they promote how we don't do anything and we are still stuck in the mindset that water is enough and all we need to give players

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, woodford said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Also lol at pretending Alabama don't promote and listen to what the players want and get it for them IMMEDIATELY.  Not only do they promote it they promote how we don't do anything and we are still stuck in the mindset that water is enough and all we need to give players

What no Gatorade? C'mon now...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

Dear lord. Yes, a sideshow would be… bad. Deion has shown the creativity to use any and all approaches to upgrade his program. And it’s worked. Most of it wouldn’t be necessary here. The elite programs you listed recruit 5*’s, have elite coaching staffs, and have direct connections to the NFL…..  I understand Prime isn’t traditional, but he is an old school style coach. If people are really willing to deal with 8 win seasons, or mercenary or hopelessly broken coaches - just for a“traditional” feel - to each their own.

However, we better switch our rivals from bama and uga to Arky and miss st.

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

What no Gatorade? C'mon now...

Nope. That's for weak players. Here are Auburn we need the best of the best. Remember? On here we laughed at players who wanted a coach that had interest in knowing them. We laughed and talked down about the players that complained about not having access to equipment and stuff like that. Sometimes we will literally turn on a guy for just being a 5 star 😂 We prefer that AUBURN man. We want that 2 star that beat all odds that don't have feelings, that want nothing for themselves but water, who will say the average student are better than them, and they are in service to them

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, AUwent said:

The PTB thought of basketball as a second tier sport so didn't get involved like they would have with football.  Because of it not getting the attention it allowed Bruce to start out slowly and build a great program then add the fact that Bruce is besides being a great coach and recruiter he is the best communicator we have ever had at Auburn winning plus his personality has brought everybody from students, to fans, to PTB into his corner. Now the PTB cares about basketball because of Bruce and they love him.

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It’s hilarious to me that this is considered cringe but then people whine about recruiting . News flash (cover your ears fellow other posters who don’t want to hear about culture and race) but having snoop dogg in the locker is not cringe to young black males. Having a coach able to connect and know their style and music is not cringe. I mean unless you don’t want to recruit the majority of athletes who play division 1 football that is 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Nope. That's for weak players. Here are Auburn we need the best of the best. Remember? On here we laughed at players who wanted a coach that had interest in knowing them. We laughed and talked down about the players that complained about not having access to equipment and stuff like that. Sometimes we will literally turn on a guy for just being a 5 star 😂 We prefer that AUBURN man. We want that 2 star that beat all odds that don't have feelings, that want nothing for themselves but water, who will say the average student are better than them, and they are in service to them

It's sad that some fans actually still think this way. 😒

Edited by autiger88

It is okay to upgrade or modernize  some traditions but you don't have to obliterate them to reach players.   Auburn gameday is one of the best parts of our football program.  The Auburn Fight Song and the  crowd chanting War Eagle does not compare to that in any way, shape or form.   I have seen similar entrances  in high school games with piped music and it was fine for high school.   Maybe Jackson State needs a better fight song?   I don't begrudge anybody their personal music choices but I would leave it in the locker room with the players especially if this is a way to bond or relate to players.  Just my humble opinion

1 hour ago, DAG said:

having snoop dogg in the locker is not cringe to young black males.

I'm a middle aged white dude and that sounds awesome to me, lol.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not the right fit.  We need the band playing Sweet Caroline and our player getting their hands up for bodda getta 

you forgot about the student section singing  " Living on a Prayer"  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I'm a middle aged white dude and that sounds awesome to me, lol.

Absolutely Hell yes from this middle age white boy. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

you forgot about the student section singing  " Living on a Prayer"  

Alabama sings Dixieland Delight and is to dumb to realize the song talks about a Tennesse Highway. I know it's off subject but been wanting to mention it for a while

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2