For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah that's literally everybody on earth, might live long, might not...I wonder how many different coaches have had the ol might die soon don't hire him argument on here before

I have no dog in this fight about who will be our next coach, I’m content to sit back and see who that coach might be and then support him when he arrives on campus.  However, you might be missing the point cctigger is trying to make in that in his opinion his health is a concern (not necessarily the primary concern) when selecting the best candidate.

As per the 60 Minute program, Deion can not stand for an entire practice or game.  It seems that is due to fatigue not due to physical conditioning, but due to pain.  Pain is debilitating and at some point will determine if even a motivated person is willing continue their pursuits.

You seem to be stuck on when he might die and that is not the concern here.  I wouldn’t want any coach to coach until he dies even for Auburn.  The concern is when might Deion decide to quit coaching because the hardship is just too much too bare?  The affected person is usually the last to know in these situations.  No one knows, but if you go in with that much pain, it could be a concern about his longevity.

Whoever our next coach might be I hope we all can get behind him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think some people on this board don't care for the brash, in-your-face and quite frankly the brutal honesty Deion brings to the table.  They don't care for his Super Star, badass approach so they're using a tiny snippet from a TV show about his health as an excuse for Auburn not hiring him.  And that's fine, we all have our opinions, likes and dislikes relative to the program we all love and support. 

If I had any reservations about DS, it would be his lack of big time (SEC caliber) coaching experience.  BUT his energy, enthusiasm, honesty and telling it like it is (truthfulness) along with his sheer determination to dominate and mold young boys into men now negates his inexperience at this level of coaching. 

Auburn is at a crossroads and has been traveling the path of mediocrity for half a decade now to the point of irrelevance in the CFB world.  We need a splash hire and a HC with big balls to bust this thing open and build a team that can stand toe to toe among our SEC competition.  Because IF you can compete vs the SEC you can compete nationally as well. 

Sorry so long of a post, I just feel very strongly about giving DS the job. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Nope, can't google or Bing that cole. But like i stated, he may live to be a hundred. But with his condition, he may not last too long either. Who knows? All it takes is one tiny clot breaking loose. 

The point is, who freakin cares?

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have no dog in this fight about who will be our next coach, I’m content to sit back and see who that coach might be and then support him when he arrives on campus.  However, you might be missing the point cctigger is trying to make in that in his opinion his health is a concern (not necessarily the primary concern) when selecting the best candidate.

As per the 60 Minute program, Deion can not stand for an entire practice or game.  It seems that is due to fatigue not due to physical conditioning, but due to pain.  Pain is debilitating and at some point will determine if even a motivated person is willing continue their pursuits.

You seem to be stuck on when he might die and that is not the concern here.  I wouldn’t want any coach to coach until he dies even for Auburn.  The concern is when might Deion decide to quit coaching because the hardship is just too much too bare?  The affected person is usually the last to know in these situations.  No one knows, but if you go in with that much pain, it could be a concern about his longevity.

Lol ok. He said the die stuff. But I've learned not to try to argue with too many of you at once.

Point is if he didn't want to coach he wouldn't, and it's silly to say don't hire a guy because he was sick. Nobody knows the future and he's already shown to recover rapidly. 

Also the other coaches just have the option to keep all their medical business to themselves. For all we know we could pass on Sanders hire someone else and they could be suffering from depression PR or whatever the case. That's a risk for EVERYBODY

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So he can’t stand for very long. He can still coach sitting down. I’d love to have him coach here til he dies, if that’s what happens. If not, I’d love to have him til he decides to quit coaching. It’s better than letting someone else have him. The upside is just too good with him.  I just don’t understand this concern at all. If we were talking about who we wanted for President of the United States that’s one thing. We’re talking about our football coach

Edited by Potatooooooes!!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But I've learned not to try to argue with too many of you at once

Two things, 1, I’m not arguing, just pointing out an opinion, as I said I don’t care who the next coach is until he is announced. and
2.  I’m just one person

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Point is if he didn't want to coach he wouldn't, and it's silly to say don't hire a guy because he was sick. Nobody knows the future and he's already shown to recover rapidly. 

A person doesn’t recover from blood clots, if they survive they manage their condition with blood thinners.  He spent 3 or 4 weeks in the hospital facing his own mortality.  That is going to affect anybody.  It seems he is still very upbeat and enthusiastic about life and that’s great.

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Also the other coaches just have the option to keep all their medical business to themselves. For all we know we could pass on Sanders hire someone else and they could be suffering from depression PR or whatever the case. That's a risk for EVERYBODY

Agreed, but in Deion’s case, it is a known risk.  Again, don’t paint me as a person that is against Prime being the next coach, it is not up to me.  I hope for the best for Auburn.

And a long and meaningful life for Deion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

THIS cannot be overstated enough.

Pay Prime 9M/yr and you won’t have to worry about paying another average HC 15M to GTFO.

There is risk if failure with every coach. It’s not a given he would succeed. 

19 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So he can’t stand for very long. He can still coach sitting down. I’d love to have him coach here til he dies, if that’s what happens. If not, I’d love to have him til he decides to quit coaching. It’s better than letting someone else have him. The upside is just too good with him

Good, for your sake I hope Deion is our next coach.

19 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I just don’t understand this concern at all.

You’re not concerned about Deion’s health?  

Edited by I_M4_AU

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A person doesn’t recover from blood clots, if they survive they manage their condition with blood thinners.  He spent 3 or 4 weeks in the hospital facing his own mortality.  That is going to affect anybody.  It seems he is still very upbeat and enthusiastic about life and that’s great.

Let's hire him, employ that team of doctors at Princeton to install the Watchman Device, buy him a high-powered golf cart with a megaphone, get him his own physical therapist and circulation/hematologist and put him to WORK. 

5 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Let's hire him, employ that team of doctors at Princeton to install the Watchman Device, buy him a high-powered golf cart with a megaphone, get him his own physical therapist and circulation/hematologist and put him to WORK. 

Fine by me if that’s what comes to pass.

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s a valid point. My rebuttal is Steve Kerr. No, Kerr didn’t suffer from blood clots and have two toes removed, but “in 2015, Kerr had a routine back surgery to repair a ruptured disk, but there was a complication, a rare spinal fluid leak that led to debilitating headaches and pain that caused him to miss the first 43 games of the 2015-2016 season and 11 games during the 2017 playoffs.”

“Kerr fought through crippling pain, but never let it dampen his spirit. Instead, it sharpened his focus. Relationships and people come first.”

Point is Kerr did his PT including yoga, meditation and marijuana, and has been back standing on hard wood floors 2 1/2 hours a night for 82 regular season games + the playoffs.

Other than his brief COVID period, Kerr has now coached every season since 2017-2018 without missing a game or practice.

It took time for Kerr to heal. No different with Prime. Both are equally focused on being the best HC in their respective sports. 

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good, for your sake I hope Deion is our next coach.

You’re not concerned about Deion’s health?  

As far as being a human being capable of empathy or as far as him being the head coach of Auburn?

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Two things, 1, I’m not arguing, just pointing out an opinion, as I said I don’t care who the next coach is until he is announced. and
2.  I’m just one person

Agreed, but in Deion’s case, it is a known risk.  Again, don’t paint me as a person that is against Prime being the next coach, it is not up to me.  I hope for the best for Auburn.

And a long and meaningful life for Deion.

A person absolutely recovers.

1+1=2. 

Nobody mentioned you or painted you as anything, you decided to enter the convo and speak for him. He has many posts, he's been against Deion from jump, the other guy that's so against him mentioned his health and now that's a thing several people are doing after that guy did. I pointed that out, if that's a problem don't know what to tell you. 

YOU think it's a risk. I'm sure he has more knowledge and concern about his health than anybody else. 

Once again fact is nobody knows the future about anybody's health and certainly not about anybody dying. Shouldn't even be a convo really. As you keep pointing out we don't make the decisions so to bring that up is dumb

• Like 1

This is literally him coming out his last game and you guys talking as if he's barely moving on his death bed

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

It’s a valid point. My rebuttal is Steve Kerr. No, Kerr didn’t suffer from blood clots and have two toes removed, but “in 2015, Kerr had a routine back surgery to repair a ruptured disk, but there was a complication, a rare spinal fluid leak that led to debilitating headaches and pain that caused him to miss the first 43 games of the 2015-2016 season and 11 games during the 2017 playoffs.”

“Kerr fought through crippling pain, but never let it dampen his spirit. Instead, it sharpened his focus. Relationships and people come first.”

Point is Kerr did his PT including yoga, meditation and marijuana, and has been back standing on hard wood floors 2 1/2 hours a night for 82 regular season games + the playoffs.

Other than his brief COVID period, Kerr has now coached every season since 2017-2018 without missing a game or practice.

It took time for Kerr to heal. No different with Prime. Both are equally focused on being the best HC in their respective sports. 

Good for Steve Kerr.  He was able to overcome debilitating pain knowing (praying) he would get better.  It has worked out for him.  I hope Deion has the same success except Deion will have to monitor his condition.  Blood clots are not something you take lightly.  They will alway be a concern even though not on the top of you mind.

Deion can do a great job here as the HC, no doubt.  If that is what happens, great.  I will still be concerned about his health.  I’m sure you will be too.

7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

As far as being a human being capable of empathy or as far as him being the head coach of Auburn?

Both.  Why would it be different if he is or is not our head coach?

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

There is risk if failure with every coach. It’s not a given he would succeed. 

Correct. There’s buyouts in every HC contract if it doesn’t work again, rinse and wash. 

Wouldn’t you rather Prime be piling up the blue chips in the meantime instead of <insert next 6-win HC>?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Both.  Why would it be different if he is or is not our head coach?

Because the health of the man is of zero concern to me if we’re talking about who to hire as a coach. As far as empathy goes, I hate that he has to deal with the ramifications of blood clots and wish he didn’t have to. Is that gonna stop me from wanting him as my head coach? No. Should it? No. It makes zero sense to be hesitant on Prime because he’s dealing with blood clots. Zero. Make sense? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is literally him coming out his last game and you guys talking as if he's barely moving on his death bed

That kind of Stylin' & Profilin' is exactly what Auburn needs right now. :party:

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Because the health of the man is of zero concern to me if we’re talking about who to hire as a coach

3 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

As far as empathy goes, I hate that he has to deal with the ramifications of blood clots and wish he didn’t have to

These two statements seem odd.  I would think you would be concerned for his health whether he is our coach or not.

If you are saying, in the first statement, his health should not be a factor in hiring him as our coach, OK.  That’s fine.  You or I will not be making that decision.  If he is hired as our head coach I will support him and hope for a wildly successful stint at Auburn, I will also be concerned about his health.

Does that make sense to you?

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good for Steve Kerr.  He was able to overcome debilitating pain knowing (praying) he would get better.  It has worked out for him.  I hope Deion has the same success except Deion will have to monitor his condition.  Blood clots are not something you take lightly.  They will alway be a concern even though not on the top of you mind.

Deion can do a great job here as the HC, no doubt.  If that is what happens, great.  I will still be concerned about his health.  I’m sure you will be too.

I’m not a doctor so I have no clue if the blood clots will re-occur or not. Likely not even the most skilled doctor in the blood clot profession could pinpoint predict that, but at least it was identified in time to prevent further life-threatening injuries. 

Your point was negotiating the pain the surgeries have caused Prime, forcing him to  mostly sit through games and practice, but was still able to coach despite the pain. My rebuttal was Steve Kerr having to do the same for 2 years, but persevered through similar pain and now has been able to stand for the most part at games for five consecutive seasons now.

These two guys are cut from the same coaching cloth. No, their personalities are completely opposite, but they’ve both won championships at the highest level possible and have the same drive in coaching their guys to be the best they can be. Pain to them is a minor setback. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Your point was negotiating the pain the surgeries have caused Prime, forcing him to  mostly sit through games and practice, but was still able to coach despite the pain. My rebuttal was Steve Kerr having to do the same for 2 years, but persevered through similar pain and now has been able to stand for the most part at games for five consecutive seasons now.

Kerr has been through it and Deion is going through it.  If he is hired I’m sure he will go a great job.  I will have empathy for his condition either way.  I’m not arguing here.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

A person doesn’t recover from blood clots, if they survive they manage their condition with blood thinners.

Blood thinners are a way of life for many, mostly heart attack victims, and can live past their parents’ age of death. My dad, now at 81 years old, two stents, triple bypass, and unconscience for 15 minutes due to a heart attack, is proof of living on blood thinners. Not saying blood clots = heart conditions. Just saying blood thinners are keeping folks around a long time after going on them.