For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

Blood thinners are a way of life for many, mostly heart attack victims, and can live past their parents’ age of death. My dad, now at 81 years old, two stents, triple bypass, and unconscience for 15 minutes due to a heart attack, is proof of living on blood thinners. Not saying blood clots = heart conditions. Just saying blood thinners are keeping folks around a long time after going on them. 

Exactly, it will be part of his regime probably for the rest of his life, it doesn’t mean it is the end to their life.  Without the blood thinners there is more of a possibility of stroke or other complications.  

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

These two statements seem odd.  I would think you would be concerned for his health whether he is our coach or not.

If you are saying, in the first statement, his health should not be a factor in hiring him as our coach, OK.

That’s fine.  You or I will not be making that decision.  If he is hired as our head coach I will support him and hope for a wildly successful stint at Auburn, I will also be concerned about his health.

Does that make sense to you?

That’s exactly what I’m saying

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I just thought I would share this video. You can see the culture he has built there, it’s special…

One word to describe this.. ACCOUNTABILITY.... Awesome

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Exactly, it will be part of his regime probably for the rest of his life, it doesn’t mean it is the end to their life.  Without the blood thinners there is more of a possibility of stroke or other complications.  

My 71 yr old mother had a Watchman device implanted last August so that she could come off blood thinners.  The device filters blood to prevent clots and strokes caused from blood clots.  She's completely off Eliquis and takes 1 low-dose baby aspirin a day.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

My 71 yr old mother had a Watchman device implanted last August so that she could come off blood thinners.  The device filters blood to prevent clots and strokes caused from blood clots.  She's completely off Eliquis and takes 1 low-dose baby aspirin a day.  

Great, I’ll have to look into that 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Correct. There’s buyouts in every HC contract if it doesn’t work again, rinse and wash. 

Wouldn’t you rather Prime be piling up the blue chips in the meantime instead of <insert next 6-win HC>?

I am pro-Sanders, but claiming that he will bring “great recruits” largely due to 2top notch recruits to JSU (which most likely were brought due to outstanding NIL deals). You post like that is the minimum he will bring but in reality it is just a supposition.

I think CP is a very good recruiter. That being said, his name recognition, playing career, flamboyancy, and his pitch for doing this for HBCU has certainly helped recruiting with some 4 and 5 star kids. No doubt he can out recruit anyone in SWAC. Whether he could be as dominant in SEC against the likes of Saban and Smart is good question. They are far more experienced coaches with outstanding staffs and recruiters. It will be interesting.

…does anyone here think Auburn would really pull the trigger and hire Deion Sanders as HC of the Auburn Tigers football program…i just can’t see them doing it…yeah many here like him but will the decision makers pull a move like this? 

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I am pro-Sanders, but claiming that he will bring “great recruits” largely due to 2top notch recruits to JSU (which most likely were brought due to outstanding NIL deals). You post like that is the minimum he will bring but in reality it is just a supposition.

Right now they have at least 8 4/5* recruits.  How many do we have?  (Hint, more than AU has) Yeah they mostly play WR or DB but still

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

…does anyone here think Auburn would really pull the trigger and hire Deion Sanders as HC of the Auburn Tigers football program…i just can’t see them doing it…yeah many here like him but will the decision makers pull a move like this? 

Nope. Though I’d love to eat my words

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Depends on many factors. If Auburn wants to make a statement, then yea, he has a chance. However, as I’ve said in many threads, Deion would be the most drastic hire ever in Auburn history. It wouldn’t be a “comfortable “ hire. Grimes would be though and that’s kind of the hire I expect us to do. The only thing that gives me hope is that there is a large faction of people who have influence pushing for Deion. We’ll see…

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

. The only thing that gives me hope is that there is a large faction of people who have influence pushing for Deion. We’ll see…

image.gif.87d330f37aa15ea0b8f391cb68f977bc.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I just thought I would share this video. You can see the culture he has built there, it’s special…

One thing that stood out to me was talking about we all gonna dress alike and be alike.  If I remember right when he was with the braves Bobby cox was always on him for wearing his uniform different or something.   I think he is taking some of Bobby’s management style and adapting to football.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Sadly, NO.

Auburn Athletics are managed, administered and funded by a bunch of conservatives.  They won't be ok with the HC wearing a flat bill cap on national TV during a 60 Minutes interview, or wearing gold chains or an earring.  They won't take to the Super Star's flamboyant and sharp looking suits. 

They won't like the swag and bravado Sanders exudes and they will cringe every time he speaks because he is honest and tells the truth.  They ain't gone wanna hear what he has to say about Auburn Football. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Sadly, NO.

Auburn Athletics are managed, administered and funded by a bunch of conservatives.  They won't be ok with the HC wearing a flat bill cap on national TV during a 60 Minutes interview, or wearing gold chains or an earring.  They won't take to the Super Star's flamboyant and sharp looking suits. 

They won't like the swag and bravado Sanders exudes and they will cringe every time he speaks because he is honest and tells the truth.  They ain't gone wanna hear what he has to say about Auburn Football. 

Think you may be under estimating people.  I believe they might if it thinks it will get them what they want.  Which is access.  I Prime could handle that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

So regardless of the HC, NIL deals are the same?

19 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Hank, he's going to bring in better recruits than we're getting right now.  He's already built better relationships throughout the region from freaking Jackson, MS compared to Harsin at Auburn, and they've been on their jobs about the same length of time.  Every high school coaching staff knows Deion Sanders.  Yet Harsin hasn't even introduced himself or shaken the hand of some of this state's biggest high schools in Bham.

It has been stated on this board that Auburn's NIL Collective has turned the corner, they're piling up $$ and cutting deals which would only help Sanders & Co.  

It's no supposition that Deion Sanders is an electric personality, presents a high standard for himself, his coaching staff and his players.  He brings energy, excitement and he believes in people doing the job they are paid to do.

Deion is a lot of talk - but so was Harsin.  And after 2 yrs, one of those brash talkers is getting the job done for his employer while the other is a dead man walking.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Sadly, NO.

Normally I would agree with you, but the football program is a complete disaster right now and that MAY result in the PTB making a bold move by hiring Prime.  I hope they do.  I’m not an odds-maker, but I put a 40% probability on that happening. 

22 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Normally I would agree with you, but the football program is a complete disaster right now and that MAY result in the PTB making a bold move by hiring Prime.  I hope they do.  I’m not an odds-maker, but I put a 40% probability on that happening. 

You may be right; these are some unprecedented times (back-to-back losing seasons) or AU Football.

A sense of urgency is needed because we've fallen to near the bottom tier of the conference.  And with OU/UTex coming on board in a couple of years, the Administration better get this thing on solid ground.  

• Like 2

Potential NIL money could be playing a major factor in who our next coach will be.

What is the potential of each coach to bring in the NIL dollars?

Does the head coach even play a roll in NIL money for the players?

The PTB should be weighing this as a major factor if they aren’t.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

So regardless of the HC, NIL deals are the same?

No. Of course not. My comment did not imply that in the least. It only implied the two highest recruits of 2022 were probably brought by huge NIL deals. 2023 recruits so far for JSU may refute that take though.

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Hank, he's going to bring in better recruits than we're getting right now.  He's already built better relationships throughout the region from freaking Jackson, MS compared to Harsin at Auburn, and they've been on their jobs about the same length of time.  Every high school coaching staff knows Deion Sanders.  Yet Harsin hasn't even introduced himself or shaken the hand of some of this state's biggest high schools in Bham.

It has been stated on this board that Auburn's NIL Collective has turned the corner, they're piling up $$ and cutting deals which would only help Sanders & Co.  

It's no supposition that Deion Sanders is an electric personality, presents a high standard for himself, his coaching staff and his players.  He brings energy, excitement and he believes in people doing the job they are paid to do.

Deion is a lot of talk - but so was Harsin.  And after 2 yrs, one of those brash talkers is getting the job done for his employer while the other is a dead man walking.  

I certainly don’t disagree with your post. I think probability is that he would do better job than Harsin in recruiting so far. That wasn’t what I took from the post I was refuting though. That statement was that he would land those higher recruits, implying he would out recruit Saban/Smart.

39 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

No. Of course not. My comment did not imply that in the least. It only implied the two highest recruits of 2022 were probably brought by huge NIL deals. 2023 recruits so far for JSU may refute that take though.

Travis Hunter was brought in because of Deion. That's it. If Sanders wasn't there Hunter would be at FSU

• Like 2