For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

28 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

it’s a huge red flag to me that someone has that much experience at that age and has never been a head coach.

It’s also another red flag either no program has offered him as their HC or he hasn’t accepted it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Busy morning on this thread. Activity (and arguing😋) is increasing…

As people allow themselves to consider the sheer upside of Deion. And that there’s e chance that AU gets past its destructive muscle memory, avoiding the yawners  or creepy options, and actually will go this big.  

I think the momentum for Deion  begins to accelerate from here.

IM READY TO SHOW WHO'S THE PRIME-EIST,   COACH!

• Like 3

On 10/16/2022 at 7:16 PM, auburnatl1 said:

It was 2 years ago.  As for “napoleon and bowl cut” - yes,  that’s the point. I believe Deion at AU is their  worst friggin nightmare.

Well what earth shattering universe changing experience did deion get within the next 2 years to make Deion at Auburn their worst nightmare.

8 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Well what earth shattering universe changing experience did deion get within the next 2 years to make Deion at Auburn their worst nightmare.

it’s more about …. genetics. He just has “it”. The others don’t.  The coach of the rams is 30. The “universe”sometimes does that.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Carnell said:

The guys a couple hours away from auburn at a podunk (no disrespect jsu) school that has been awful for years sports wise, resources wise and is having documentaries made about him as he dominates and elevates the school, city, team. He is huge and would immidiately threaten all if he came (which he wont) but he would be a nightmare to recruit against and subsquently coach against.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

The guys a couple hours away from auburn at a podunk (no disrespect jsu) school that has been awful for years sports wise and resources wise and is having documentaries made about him as he dominates and elevates the school, city, team. He is huge and would immidiately threaten all if he came (which he wont) but he would be a nightmare to recruit against.

Then tell me why Schmedd who has around 15 years at an FCS school and was a,success at that school is sucking wind at Auburn.

4 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Then tell me why Schmedd who has around 15 years at an FCS school and was a,success at that school is sucking wind at Auburn.

Because no one wants to come play for coach harsin so he is hamstrung with the talent he has at his disposal?  I dont even think schmedding is a primary problem. The offense is anemic because the oline sucks and we have no wr's and coach testesterone isnt going to be able to land the necessary talent to get us back to relevancy anytime soon.

• Like 1

It would be a MONUMENTAL hire!!!

Please Auburn do not lose this opportunity to put our program and respect back on track.

Even Pail Finebaum said he would blow Kiffen and Freeze out of the water!

This is Auburns only chance to compete with Bama and UGA!!!

• Like 1

This is perfect timing for Deion. The roster will be pitiful next year, unless we kill it in the portal. Even then, it will be a tough first year for any HC. 

So you hire the guy that can bring in impact players immediately. If he proves not to be a good SEC HC, you move on in a few years with a much improved roster. If he works as a HC, you are in great shape in Year 2. As bad as the roster will be next year, it's not worse than what Heupel inherited at UT. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

The guys a couple hours away from auburn at a podunk (no disrespect jsu) school that has been awful for years sports wise, resources wise and is having documentaries made about him as he dominates and elevates the school, city, team. He is huge and would immidiately threaten all if he came (which he wont) but he would be a nightmare to recruit against and subsquently coach against.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Because no one wants to come play for coach harsin so he is hamstrung with the talent he has at his disposal?  I dont even think schmedding is a primary problem. The offense is anemic because the oline sucks and we have no wr's and coach testesterone isnt going to be able to land the necessary talent to get us back to relevancy anytime soon.

I agree that his coaching is not the only problem but it is a big problem.  You just mentioned Harsin who also came from a lower conference and it obvious does not translate well to the SEC.  Even if he is a jam up recruiter like you guys seem to think he may be able to defeat some of his opponents by out talenting them but he won't be able to out talent teams like Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and now apparently Tenn and Florida now.  He is going to have to outcoach them and those high school and FCS game plans are not going to get the job done.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I agree that his coaching is not the only problem but it is a big problem. 

A major complaint about Gus was he kept  “coaching” the offense. Everybody pleaded for him to be the “CEO”.  Same for Mullen.

The coordinators  and staff coach. The hc builds the staff, culture, plan, recruiting, PR, and then drives the hell out of  it. Given Deion’s connections at all levels, reputation,  and perception that  “he’s just a winner”, many have felt he could assemble a staff beyond what au has traditionally been capable of. In fact, an earlier post stated that jax st staff is more experienced and reputed than AUs now.

The question to me is can Prime lead and turn around a program that’s a mess. IMO he’s perfectly built for it 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Viper said:

It’s also another red flag either no program has offered him as their HC or he hasn’t accepted it. 

Research Utah State and Jeff Grimes.  He would've been their HC if not for a power move with their board by Anderson. TIFWIW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Carnell said:

I agree that his coaching is not the only problem but it is a big problem.  You just mentioned Harsin who also came from a lower conference and it obvious does not translate well to the SEC.  Even if he is a jam up recruiter like you guys seem to think he may be able to defeat some of his opponents by out talenting them but he won't be able to out talent teams like Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and now apparently Tenn and Florida now.  He is going to have to outcoach them and those high school and FCS game plans are not going to get the job done.

The “coaching “part of this will heavily depend on his “staff”. That appears to have helped him at JSU.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Research Utah State and Jeff Grimes.  He would've been their HC if not for a power move with their board by Anderson. TIFWIW.

Does this mean Hartwell if hired will lean heavily toward Grimes?

11 hours ago, cbo said:

This is perfect timing for Deion. The roster will be pitiful next year, unless we kill it in the portal. Even then, it will be a tough first year for any HC. 

So you hire the guy that can bring in impact players immediately. If he proves not to be a good SEC HC, you move on in a few years with a much improved roster. If he works as a HC, you are in great shape in Year 2. As bad as the roster will be next year, it's not worse than what Heupel inherited at UT. 

It really is that simple

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Video out showing Tom Brady working with Deions son on a high school practice field. Imagine that at AU

Didn’t we have Tom Brady’s QB coach a few years back?  I remember something about that.  Nick name of Lefty something or other.  :poke:

I amazes me it was 10 years ago.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Didn’t we have Tom Brady’s QB coach a few years back?  I remember something about that.  Nick name of Lefty something or other.  :poke:

I amazes me it was 10 years ago.

It amazes me that he's still coaching lol

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

A major complaint about Gus was he kept  “coaching” the offense. Everybody pleaded for him to be the “CEO”.  Same for Mullen.

The coordinators  and staff coach. The hc builds the staff plan, recruiting, PR, and then drives the hell out of  it. Given Deion’s connections at all levels, reputation,  and perception that  “he’s just a winner”, many have felt he could assemble a staff beyond what au has traditionally been capable of. In fact, an earlier post stated that jax st staff is more experienced and reputed than AUs now.

The question to me is can Prime lead and turn around a program that’s a mess. IMO he’s perfectly built for 

First of all Gus did try it both ways  CEO and delegating.  Gus delegated the play calling to lashlee half way through the 2015 season, delegated the play calling to Lindsey, then he and Dillingham tried tag teaming the play calling in 2019 and the designated the playcalling to Morris in 2020.  That makes my point it didn't work for Gus because of all the high school coaches he had.

Again with Deion you are risking Auburn future not with hard facts but the way you envision it.  He will be able to be a super recruiter although it is the assistants that build the relationship.  He is so well respected although I haven't seen him pay any dues that he will build a superior staff.  Although alot of you on this board when people suggest good coaches use the excuse that he won't come.  But yet these good coaches that won't come will scurry to Deion to be his assistant at Auburn.  Come on get real. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Carnell said:

First of all Gus did try it both ways  CEO and delegating.  Gus delegated the play calling to lashlee half way through the 2015 season, delegated the play calling to Lindsey, then he and Dillingham tried tag teaming the play calling in 2019 and the designated the playcalling to Morris in 2020.  That makes my point it didn't work for Gus because of all the high school coaches he had.

Again with Deion you are risking Auburn future not with hard facts but the way you envision it.  He will be able to be a super recruiter although it is the assistants that build the relationship.  He is so well respected although I haven't seen him pay any dues that he will build a superior staff.  Although alot of you on this board when people suggest good coaches use the excuse that he won't come.  But yet these good coaches that won't come will scurry to Deion to be his assistant at Auburn.  Come on get real. 

You have nothing to say he wouldn't build a great staff, in fact you have everything saying he would. He is well respected you seeing him pay dues has nothing to do with that. Yes assistants do the leg work but a head coach builds relationships like everyone else. 

And Gusnever gave up play calling

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You have nothing to say he wouldn't build a great staff, in fact you have everything saying he would. He is well respected you seeing him pay dues has nothing to do with that. Yes assistants do the leg work but a head coach builds relationships like everyone else. 

And Gusnever gave up play calling

I never said he couldn't build a staff I said there is nothing in Deion background that he will build that kind of staff at Auburn.  You people want Deion so bad that you envision that he will build a staff with out any indication he will.  That is really risking auburn's future.  It  was just like when Gus was hired you people envisioned his high powered offenses at Auburn based on nothing except he did that at lesser institutions such as Arkansas state.   Furthermore, why have the weak link at HC.  If he could assemble such a high powered staff why wouldn't auburn go out hire a coach like the ones Deion would hire cutting the weak link.  Deion is not well respected he is liked.  RESPECT IS earned over years. Eric Bienemy and other such coaches has earned respect after long years of service but deion has not.  He was respected as a player but has not earned respect as a coach.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

I never said he couldn't build a staff I said there is nothing in Deion background that he will build that kind of staff at Auburn.  You people want Deion so bad that you envision that he will build a staff with out any indication he will.  That is really risking auburn's future.  It  was just like when Gus was hired you people envisioned his high powered offenses at Auburn based on nothing except he did that at lesser institutions such as Arkansas state.   Furthermore, why have the weak link at HC.  If he could assemble such a high powered staff why wouldn't auburn go out hire a coach like the ones Deion would hire cutting the weak link.  Deion is not well respected he is liked.  RESPECT IS earned over years. Eric Bienemy and other such coaches has earned respect after long years of service but deion has not.  He was respected as a player but has not earned respect as a coach.  

I have a feeling you don't know who is on his staff at Jackson State...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carnell said:

Posts like these tell me many people on here don’t do their research before spouting out drivel like that. Look at the staff he has at JSU, imagine what kind of staff he would get here…

Edited by Auburnguy101
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1