For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Ok so who knows the medical history of the other coaches....boy this is hilarious

No one second guesses the obese, old, white coaches' health, do they.  Bret Bielama, Andy Reid, Rex Ryan come to mind.

edit: uh oh we have some sensitive dudes on here... 😉

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, cctiger said:

If I'm not mistaken, Kirby didn't come at the time because he wanted to coach bammer through the bowl season, and Auburn wanted him to come when they offered him the job. He said no, and Auburn moved on.

That’s what I heard too, but that’s my point. Why someone didn’t get hired just isn’t good criteria for judging whether we should hire him. There are too many things to consider and too many unknowns. Kirby is also a prime example (pun intended. Hold your applause) of what can happen when you take a chance on someone too

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Speaking of toes…oooh lah lah

dsff.gif

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

No one second guesses the obese, old, white coaches' health, do they.  Bret Bielama, Andy Reid, Rex Ryan come to mind.

When did we have interest in them? 😁

If DS thinks he can do it, then why should we question it.

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

When did we have interest in them?

I never implied we did. 😉

5 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That’s what I heard too, but that’s my point. Why someone didn’t get hired just isn’t good criteria for judging whether we should hire him. There are too many things to consider and too many unknowns. Kirby is also a prime example (pun intended. Hold your applause) of what can happen when you take a chance on someone too

I understand. Green and some other numnut (as Golf would say), took a chance on Harsin and so, here we are today.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DAG said:

He is saying that 60 minutes interview did nothing for him to suggest that Deion Sanders is a good candidate for Auburn. But to be fair, he has never liked DS for Auburn.

I've warmed up to him, but there's just too much hype around the person and not the football coach for me to be all in. Yes, I'm so stupid for not worshipping Deion.

15 hours ago, tsande07 said:

On the other hand, how many people on our list of coaching candidates have the notoriety to receive a 60 Minutes interview?

None. It's a boomer show. Who cares about 60 Minutes?

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just as some are equally quick to dismiss Grimes.  Neither should be, IMO.  Both would be great hires and bring a ton of positives.  People not seeing those are being intentionally blind.

I agree. I have actually shifted my top two to Deion and Grimes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I think he's missing 2 toes. I'm not sure that is a good portion of his leg.

I'm not a doctor and don't know if these blood clots were a freak thing or a long term issue

So you did't watch the video? A good portion of the muscle is missing on that leg too. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

I could warm up to the Deion hire, but I don't see it happening:

1. He said himself he's on a mission because "God called him collect". That's stronger than any pine box statement, $1 to xCTT. I take the man at his word, he's there to change HBCUs.

2. I'm not sure some of you realize just how serious his health challenges going forward may be. DS may not have more than 2-3 good years left. At very best, he would make it 5-7, which might be enough, or maybe not. 

Till last nite, I didn't realize how serious his health issues were or are

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cctiger said:

I understand. Green and some other numnut (as Golf would say), took a chance on Harsin and so, here we are today.

A chance on a coach with a really good record as a head coach. Hiring coaches is a gamble. Just ask Texas. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Ok so who knows the medical history of the other coaches....boy this is hilarious

Medical history is part of the qualification for any high intensity, high profile job in any industry. If you'd ever had one, you'd know that. CEOs lose out because of medical hiccups, I've seen it firsthand. Just like age is a reason, so is significant medical history. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

I've warmed up to him, but there's just too much hype around the person and not the football coach for me to be all in. Yes, I'm so stupid for not worshipping Deion.

None. It's a boomer show. Who cares about 60 Minutes?

I don't watch it myself but I know a portion of my law school classmates would watch it.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If DS thinks he can do it, then why should we question it.

Because when you've been golden your whole life, it's impossible to accept when you can't go any more. Bo tried to play MLB after the hip replacement. It was hard for him to accept too, same thing for all sorts of superstars from Paterno who aged out on the sideline to every CEO who refused to retire when they should have. Henry Ford had to be forced out by the government in the name of the war effort. The great ones seldom quit when they should. Many around them pay the price. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Medical history is part of the qualification for any high intensity, high profile job in any industry. If you'd ever had one, you'd know that. CEOs lose out because of medical hiccups, I've seen it firsthand. Just like age is a reason, so is significant medical history. 

I am sure it is but there are a lot of coaches getting a pass on their medical history at major schools too.  not trying to refute you, just pointing out many schools don't seem to care too much about it.

Edited by Didba

If approached by a Power Five school, would Deion Sanders be receptive? “I’m going to have to entertain it. Straight up. I’d be a fool not to,” Sanders says, adding that his concern is for his assistants, who are underpaid by college football standards. https://cbsn.ws/3TsOjAY

30 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

There was more to it than that. Kirby wasn't coming. 

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

There was more to it than that. Kirby wasn't coming. 

That may be true, and if you know more please share, but my point still stands. 

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I am sure it is but there are a lot of coaches getting a pass on their medical history at major schools too.

If that's the case, then that's their mistake to make. Doesn't mean we should make it. Like I said, PSU should have retired Paterno well before circumstances forced it. 

If AU gets a medical opinion that CDS is continuing his recovery with no prospect of long term things getting worse, then I'm fine, but based on my wife's 25 years in the medical realm, things like what he went through don't get better. They just get worse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That may be true, and if you know more please share, but my point still stands. 

It is my understanding that he presented a set of very onerous contract conditions related to the potential of NCAA probation stemming from Cam and other issues, and he also insisted on full disclosure of all NCAA data to him while he was still at bammer with no obligation to leave or even to maintain much in the way of secrecy. It was his way to saying yes when he meant no, and he wanted to see if recruiting advantages could be had as well. It's been a long time, and I may be wrong in some details, but the bottom line was that he gave us a "yes" that he knew we couldn't accept.

The whole "We coulda had Kirby" think is a myth propagated by bammers and dawgs that many AU people have come to believe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

I am sure it is but there are a lot of coaches getting a pass on their medical history at major schools too.  not trying to refute you, just pointing out many schools don't seem to care too much about it.

sark caught hell for being an addict and he was considered so much of a risk not many wanted anything to do with him until saban brought him into the fold.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sark caught hell for being an addict and he was considered so much of a risk not many wanted anything to do with him until saban brought him into the fold.

Addictions can be fixed, and UT has clauses in his contract regarding that. As you should well know, Golf aside, age can't be fixed, and it only goes faster if there are medical complications. 

• Like 2

Busy morning on this thread. Activity (and arguing😋) is increasing…

As people allow themselves to consider the sheer upside of Deion. And that there’s e chance that AU gets past its destructive muscle memory, avoiding the yawners  or creepy options, and actually will go this big.  

I think the momentum for Deion  begins to accelerate from here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1