For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

4 hours ago, cctiger said:

Why didn't Arkansas hire him then?

Right. He coaches at a school barley above a Div.2. Not even a G5. He signs 1, I mean 1 5star recruit that he beat Fla.St. out for, talked him into signing with a HBCU school and folks think that he is the answer to all recruiting woes. Yep, he's gonna go head to head with Napolean and bowl cut and they are going to be gift wrapped automatically...LOL! Again, if he is so great, and intreviewed so very very well, then WHY DIDN"T ARKANSAS HIRE HIM? 

I'm not gonna lie. I wondered the same thing after reading that article. If he was so enamored by Prime, why did he hire an old dude that has never been anything more than an O-Line coach? One reason I think they went with Pittman is that he was cheap. He's making decent money now but I believe they went really cheap on his initial contract. Pittman has done well considering the mess Chad Morris left. But before they beat BYU yesterday, they had lost 3 straight games and the fanbase was started to moan and groan. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cctiger said:

Why didn't Arkansas hire him then?

Right. He coaches at a school barley above a Div.2. Not even a G5. He signs 1, I mean 1 5star recruit that he beat Fla.St. out for, talked him into signing with a HBCU school and folks think that he is the answer to all recruiting woes. Yep, he's gonna go head to head with Napolean and bowl cut and they are going to be gift wrapped automatically...LOL! Again, if he is so great, and intreviewed so very very well, then WHY DIDN"T ARKANSAS HIRE HIM? 

That was two-three years ago, bro. They clearly liked him unless you think the AD is lying. Why don’t you mention who they went with? Oh yeah, an unproven offensive line coach! And no, it’s not the fact that he’s signed a five star recruit at JSU (even though that is absolutely monumental and shows how good of a recruiter and leader he is), it’s the overall package. “Why didn’t Arkansas hire him?” is a stupid reason to be against the guy. What are your actual hang ups?

Edited by Potatooooooes!!

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That was two-three years ago, bro. They clearly liked him unless you think the AD is lying. Why don’t you mention who they went with? Oh yeah, an unproven offensive line coach! And no, it’s not the fact that he’s signed a five star recruit at JSU (even though that is absolutely monumental and shows how good of a recruiter and leader he is), it’s the overall package. “Why didn’t Arkansas hire him?” is a stupid reason to be against the guy. What are your actual hang ups?

His hang up would have to be that he just simply doesn't want AUBURN to succeed... I could be wrong though 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Sanders implied to Dan Patrick (or Rich Eisen) that he wasn't hired due to racial prejudice. However when Arkansas was looking to replace Morris, Sanders had no college coaching experience, only a handful of years at the high school level. Pittman had been coaching in colleges since before Sanders ever suited up for Florida State. That's going to beat out a guy with zero collegiate experience every time. 

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

That’s a sentence you don’t hear often.  You may be right, and massive donors have massive pull (which  is understandable). But ultimately AU is a public university and public sentiment matters, I’ve seen it, no matter how whacky the BOT are.

Side note - Tim Cook (au alum) is worth way way way more than Jimmy. 

Cook isn't interested in AU football. Not to that extent anyway

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

I feel like we are really setting ourselves for disappointment, which really sucks

Prediction:

Months on in..after a Long process we keep Rich or Hire the dude from Utah State (Duh)

Fire CBH after the ironbowl

Prolonged period with lots of fake news >>>> Grimes is hired (Duh)

I tell you what though, Roberts will really impress me if he doesn't do the same ole song. We will see

I love takes like these.

If he doesn't do what I think he should, then he will definitely not be impressive. 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love takes like these.

If he doesn't do what I think he should, then he will definitely not be impressive. 😂

At least have a take instead of BSing everyone 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, Taker said:

I mean considering our rivals and anyone else in CFB coaching experiencing success in today's climate just look at the coaches that those programs went out and got... PROVEN WINNERS (sarcasm) 

GA- Smart no HC experience

CLEM- Sweeny no HC experience 

OSU- Day no HC Experience 

OU/USC- Riley no HC experience 

Even UTK- Heuple only exp was a G5 school for 2 seasons 

Moral of the story, Make a hire that will put your institution in the best position to succeed. Prime is a proven WINNER from every aspect of his life (College, Pros, coaching, recruiting, planning, Etc) 

I think at this time if we had the opportunity to get a sniff at hiring prime we would be foolish not to pursue it over the other candidates that are out there

All of those coaches had long resumes as coaches and recruiters at top level programs. 

Sanders was coaching high school ball just a few years ago. I recall that being a repeated criticism of one former coach. He also has never coached not only at an SEC level, but in FBS at all. Yes, he's a know personality. Yes, he was a great player. Yes, he would generate a big initial buzz but there's nothing beyond that to support this cult like devotion he's suddenly gained. I've seen the same people defending Sanders sneer at Jeff Grimes' lack of experience, even though he's coached and recruited at a high level for multiple winning FBS programs including in the SEC. 

If Sanders is the guy, I'll be behind him and eager to see what he can do but come on with this over-the-top worship of the guy.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

At least have a take instead of BSing everyone 

Name one thing I've BSd about.

The stupid thing is some of you are so in love with the thought of something like Rudy. You really think there's a person who can get a team full of 2/3 stars and somehow magically make them champions. 

You love an underdog story so much because you can relate to it you want your team to be that. There is no guy with any kind of experience that can make no talent beat NFL talent.

What you should care about is who would protect the players and make sure they would have EVERY resource to win, and who would make sure the program is doing it's best to supply wins. That's it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Name one thing I've BSd about.

You BSd about Will Friend. Now all of a sudden you have secrete information about how the coaching is handcuffing him.

Now, you are BSing about this whole process. You want to come here and laugh at my take when in reality , all I am saying is “please, pivot away from doing the obvious Auburn things.” 

But you find that laughable because it is exactly what seems to be occurring and we are heading to a straight auburn man pick. If he pivots from that direction , I find that absolutely impressive because it would go against the old guard.

You are BSing about Jeff Grimes. He is a solid candidate. Leave it at that. All of this hyping we are doing like he isn’t getting pushed because he coached at Auburn. 

BSing about this AD. What has he even done that is so good? He has yet to hire anyone at AD. Why? Particularly if you aren’t going outside your bubble. You knew AG was on the outs , there is no reason to not have a replacement about now. And the same spin is going to be made when we don’t fire CBH until the end season. 

Quite frankly, I don’t think the NEW AD should have to fire a single person. That should be up to the current president and AD, then let the “new” AD worry about the hire. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

@DAG, I understand you don't believe anything I say.  I'm okay with that, I don't need your validation. I know more than you about what's happening. That's not your fault 

However, if you'd like not to end up with egg on your face, you can verify with @passthebiscuits, @RunInRed, or  @WarDamnEagleWDE anything that I've posted.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

@DAG, I understand you don't believe anything I say.  I'm okay with that, I don't need your validation. I know more than you about what's happening. That's not your fault 

However, if you'd like not to end up with egg on your face, you can verify with @passthebiscuits, @RunInRed, or  @WarDamnEagleWDE anything that I've posted.  

You ask me a question and I gave you an answer. I am not seeking to validate you either. Great we won’t lose any sleep over it. Stand on your own stuff. We don’t need other people in this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

You ask me a question and I gave you an answer. I am not seeking to validate you either. Great we won’t lose any sleep over it. Stand on your own stuff. We don’t need other people in this. 

I don't mind standing on my own.  I don't need you to validate anything for me, I wasn't asking you to. 

I was giving you a chance to validate your opinions via others you consider better sources, an opportunity to save face. If you want to continue wondering blindly posting bad takes, then go for it. It doesn't bother me one bit.

To quote CBH,

Just watch

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't mind standing on my own.  I don't need you to validate anything for me, I wasn't asking you to. 

I was giving you a chance to validate your opinions via others you consider better sources, an opportunity to save face. If you want to continue wondering blindly posting bad takes, then go for it. It doesn't bother me one bit.

To quote CBH,

Just watch

I don’t mind standing on my own but let me tag several others to validate my truth. 

Makes so much sense.

Just watching ? Haha what am I watching ? Oh wait you can’t tell me that until it’s over. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t mind standing on my own but let me tag several others to validate my truth. 

Makes so much sense.

Just watching ? Haha what am I watching ? Oh wait you can’t tell me that until it’s over. 

Giving one the ability to verify an opinion isn't trying to validate oneself. 

Again, I'm not validating myself or my post. I know what I'm posting is true. You're the one that doesn't believe things. Therefore, I would think you would want things to be verified from those you do believe. Removing me from the situation doesn't change what is happening and what has been said.

However, I do see the value for you in not verifying your opinion with those others.

I have told you facts. I haven't given you the details involved with those facts. There is a difference.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I have told you. I haven't given you the details.  There is a difference.

Ahh

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dqjxgqb8cfm5g66u57

Anyway back to DS, I am of the believe that he absolutely would be a take here and he is our best option in combatting what is to come in the SEC. Look at the turn around in 2 years by Tennessee . Under this landscape , it can happen folks.

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Glad we've gotten to the "I know stuff, but I just can't tell you yet" phase of the downfall leading to a coaching search.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Anyway back to DS, I am of the believe that he absolutely would be a take here and he is our best option in combatting what is to come in the SEC. Look at the turn around in 2 years by Tennessee . Under this landscape , it can happen folks.

The most underrated thing Deion would bring to Auburn is an updated culture change. Some energy, some newness and excitement. Similar to what Bruce has done with basketball obviously. Auburn Football is……a dud to say the least. DS is the furthest thing from that. I love what he does at JSU with his players. Everyone has fun. You can tell.  

Obviously AU can’t have the same deep culture as JSU but he can at least help bring us into this century. Auburn, AL might burn to the ground just from having CDS and CBP in the same city. That’s a lot of excitement in one place. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

The most underrated thing Deion would bring to Auburn is an updated culture change. Some energy, some newness and excitement. Similar to what Bruce has done with basketball obviously. Auburn Football is……a dud to say the least. DS is the furthest thing from that. I love what he does at JSU with his players. Everyone has fun. You can tell.  

Obviously AU can’t have the same deep culture as JSU but he can at least help bring us into this century. Auburn, AL might burn to the ground just from having CDS and CBP in the same city. That’s a lot of excitement in one place. 

Yeah Auburn football is just boring right now. The fans bring the excitement but the coaching staff/team don’t. Having a fun team with that fun environment at home would bring in the big time recruits

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wasn't Freeze your choice? U giving up on him ? Or maybe I've got u mixed up with someone else? My apologies if that's the case

9 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I also think people are under valuing the football resources DS can allocate once he get here. I highly doubt he would have a short amount of people vested to join him if he were to come to the plains. This includes NFL and College leaders 

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Glad we've gotten to the "I know stuff, but I just can't tell you yet" phase of the downfall leading to a coaching search.

Just because it hasn't been discussed publicly doesn't mean there aren't things behind the scenes. Yeah, I know...you can't say it til it breaks...you're right, that's why I was giving DAG the opportunity to verify independently from me.  You may not like it and you may prefer nothing be said before it breaks, but that doesn't change the information being presented.

I'm more than happy not sharing anything else. It's actually easier for me. Again, I don't need any credit, validation, or celebration. I was sharing information that y'all don't have.  What you do with it is on you. It's not about me, although some try to make it that way 

• Like 2