I’m not sad……

pensacolatiger

11 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Watching Gus’s offense right now.  I realize he was broken here, but would have loved to have seen his system operate here like 13-15

As has been posted 1000 times, he went away from that offense and was never able to bring in the right QB or and O line. 
Plumlee is a perfect fit for his system and UCF is a perfect place for him. 

I am VERY happy for the DC at UCF. 

• Like 2

What should make you sad  is that our offense with our current staff in our last 5 games combined has scored as many points as UCF tonight. That should be cause for termination on the spot…

Edited by Auburnguy101
  • Like 3

Let's remember: we were all fairly sick and tired of Gus - there was a consensus. As good as he had been once, he was not the same near the end and it was time for him to move on. I will say though that watching him (Gus) coach UCF these past 3 weeks, and especially in comparison to what Coach BH has been putting on the field, has me feeling nostalgic. I'm just so ready for us (someone) to get this fire/hire deal done so we can all move on with whatever is next - and I already wish CBH the best. From what I hear, he really is a good football coach and a fine man; just not a good fit at Auburn at this time. #WDE

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

As has been posted 1000 times, he went away from that offense and was never able to bring in the right QB or and O line. 

T-Will !!!

Gus is a better coach than Harsin and I don't think it's close.

Also, Gus wasn't good enough to stay at Auburn and I still wish he had been fired a few years earlier. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm really happy that he is doing well in the minor league. Go Gus!

But Gus is not a future for Auburn or any other Power 5. Which is why no other Power 5 has gone after him, even with all the current Power 5 job openings.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

Also, Gus wasn't good enough to stay at Auburn and I still wish he had been fired a few years earlier. 

This!!! 100% this!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yeap.

End thread.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Some have said Williams is only the DC in “title”only and some other guy is really running the D. I got chastised for it, but I am crunk for my former classmate and hope he continues to excel.

9 hours ago, cbo said:

Never should have gotten the ridiculous extension after blowing the sec title 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Never should have gotten the ridiculous extension after blowing the sec title 

He got the extension after beating two teams ranked #1 in a three week span. That was before he lost his main offensive weapon to injury and lost the SEC game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Some have said Williams is only the DC in “title”only and some other guy is really running the D. I got chastised for it, but I am crunk for my former classmate and hope he continues to excel.

There are some around who will find any and every excuse to belittle an Auburn coach's accomplishments. This isn't new, it's been going on for decades. Bowden? Did it with Dye's players. Tubberville? Did it while bammer was down. Gus? Had to have transfer QB's. T-Will? Not really the DC.

I think some of our fans have bammer friends and neighbors and they let those people's bullcrap influence their thinking.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He got the extension after beating two teams ranked #1 in a three week span. That was before he lost his main offensive weapon to injury and lost the SEC game.

He had the answer to the missing weapon sitting on the bench, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

There was more talent there. Gus should have recruited and developed better. One guy shouldn’t break a team. Gus should have never got the extension. Everyone on this board knows that

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

There was more talent there. Gus should have recruited and developed better. One guy shouldn’t break a team. Gus should have never got the extension. Everyone on this board knows that

Didn't he get it primarily because AU was afraid Arkansas was going to try and hire him away or am I misremembering? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Didn't he get it primarily because AU was afraid Arkansas was going to try and hire him away or am I misremembering? 

Yes. Jimmy sexton owns the sec 

8 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Gus should have never got the extension. Everyone on this board knows that

You beat two teams ranked #1 in a three week period, something that had never been done before, and some sort of raise/extension better be forthcoming in a hurry.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You beat two teams ranked #1 in a three week period, something that had never been done before, and some sort of raise/extension better be forthcoming in a hurry.

100% disagree. Yes he did win those games and what does he have to show for it?? A 20 million dollar buyout because he got let go. You don’t judge a coach off 2 games Mikey. It’s the body of work. He didn’t have it. Listen we don’t agree and never will. AU is in the crapper today due to that extension. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Yes he did win those games and what does he have to show for it??

Two wins over #1 teams.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

AU is in the crapper today due to that extension. 

AU is in the crapper today because a piss-poor hire was made after Gus was let go. His buyout has zilch to do with it. What's the matter? Are you mad because he's getting more money than you are?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Two wins over #1 teams.

AU is in the crapper today because a piss-poor hire was made after Gus was let go. His buyout has zilch to do with it. What's the matter? Are you mad because he's getting more money than you are?

Mikey don’t be a child. Nobody agrees with you and it kills you. 

• Haha 1