why does one coach get fired early in th season

aubiefifty

and yet allow another coach to keep coaching the oline when our line is absolutely killing us? it makes no sense. and does anyone know if our oline coach is getting help with his job with other coaches or assistants because we keep getting our behind handed to us. i would think after two years we would know all the shifts and that sort of thing but we mostly just look lost. i think it is coaching. so why let cornbread go and keep jimmy? it just makes no sense unless he could not line up another oline coach.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and yet allow another coach to keep coaching the oline when our line is absolutely killing us? it makes no sense. and does anyone know if our oline coach is getting help with his job with other coaches or assistants because we keep getting our behind handed to us. i would think after two years we would know all the shifts and that sort of thing but we mostly just look lost. i think it is coaching. so why let cornbread go and keep jimmy? it just makes no sense unless he could not line up another oline coach.

Dude, Bryan Harsin isn't going to be allowed to fire and hire any more coaches. I'm sure that he's well aware that he's gone and that he has no hope. There is no saving this nor are there any magical fixes for him.

The "difference" is that last year he was only ~4 games into his tenure and his job/outlook were still set. Right now he's just coaching out however many games they want to keep him around for. There is a pretty big difference there lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, metafour said:

Dude, Bryan Harsin isn't going to be allowed to fire and hire any more coaches. I'm sure that he's well aware that he's gone and that he has no hope. There is no saving this nor are there any magical fixes for him.

The "difference" is that last year he was only ~4 games into his tenure and his job/outlook were still set. Right now he's just coaching out however many games they want to keep him around for. There is a pretty big difference there lol.

You were supposed to take the bait...

1 hour ago, metafour said:

I was about to post the same thing. Very different scenarios at this point. 

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

You were supposed to take the bait...

no bait here dude. corn did a better job than our o linw guy and if was still interested in the job he would make a change for the better.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

no bait here dude. corn did a better job than our o linw guy and if was still interested in the job he would make a change for the better.

You're just making the case that Harsin should have kept going. He should have. 

He replaced his wide receivers coach last year after a couple of games, why doesn't he replace his OL coach after the game this week and let the OL grads assistants coach them the rest of the season....at least it would look like he is 'trying' to address the main issue....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

He replaced his wide receivers coach last year after a couple of games, why doesn't he replace his OL coach after the game this week and let the OL grads assistants coach them the rest of the season....at least it would look like he is 'trying' to address the main issue....

Because he is simply just trying to make it to the end of the season at this point

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Because he is simply just trying to make it to the end of the season at this point

Agree. He’s a lame duck coach surrounded by assistants he put in place. Nothing against Caddy or Zac, but I don’t think anybody is retained when a new coach is finally hired. Then again, how long will it be until an AD is hired to inherit a pretty good sports program, football aside of course. 

unless harsin is going to quit coaching all together it is a bad look in my personal opinion. even if he faces a mountain of trouble if he gives up i am pretty sure that is a no no.

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

unless harsin is going to quit coaching all together it is a bad look in my personal opinion. even if he faces a mountain of trouble if he gives up i am pretty sure that is a no no.

With Harsin staring down the barrel of his own firing, Auburn is not going to let him fire an OL coach that they have to pay for, then let him turn him around and hire another coach that they will have to pay for.  Even if Harsin were allowed to do so, only a desperate OL coach would look at this situation, then decide to leave their current situation to come coach at Auburn for the next two months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

With Harsin staring down the barrel of his own firing, Auburn is not going to let him fire an OL coach that they have to pay for, then let him turn him around and hire another coach that they will have to pay for.  Even if Harsin were allowed to do so, only a desperate OL coach would look at this situation, then decide to leave their current situation to come coach at Auburn for the next two months.

promote from within. he is still coach. he is still supposed to be fulfilling his duties regardless of if he is retained or not. personally i think he is in over his head and hiring the potato boy whom i assume he thought were outstanding coaches are just not all that. if he gets on a pod or a news thing and announces the oline guy has been let go how can they stop him? it would be a bad look on auburns part and he could claim interference. it can be done.......look this is a long shot but those kids on the oline were probably hopeing for a shot in the nfl and if harsin has a coach that is letting them down then in my opinion i think he is letting those kids down.

CBH and a lot of his his staff have quit coaching. Especially Friend. The product being produced shouts it loud and clear. If they were at least showing signs of being interested in making the team better I would be for keeping them the through the Iron Bowl. They’re not and need to go now. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

promote from within. he is still coach. he is still supposed to be fulfilling his duties regardless of if he is retained or not. personally i think he is in over his head and hiring the potato boy whom i assume he thought were outstanding coaches are just not all that. if he gets on a pod or a news thing and announces the oline guy has been let go how can they stop him? it would be a bad look on auburns part and he could claim interference. it can be done.......look this is a long shot but those kids on the oline were probably hopeing for a shot in the nfl and if harsin has a coach that is letting them down then in my opinion i think he is letting those kids down.

I know you are concerned for the players more than anything, and I applaud that, but you are seriously grasping at straws here.  Assistant coaches sign a contract with Auburn, and as long as Auburn has not terminated that contract, the OL coach is still the OL coach.  At this point, Harsin cannot fire or hire anyone.  Auburn is not going to approve terminating, or creating new contracts, for anyone, until a decision on Harsin has been formally made.  Right now, Auburn wants to escape this debacle without paying any more money than they have to.  The futile gesture of firing an OL coach, then promoting or hiring another, would cost Auburn more money.

These coaches are all dead men walking, they all know it, and none of them are going to accept more work/stress for free.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

CBH and a lot of his his staff have quit coaching. Especially Friend. The product being produced shouts it loud and clear. If they were at least showing signs of being interested in making the team better I would be for keeping them the through the Iron Bowl. They’re not and need to go now. 

Possibly part of the motive behind the "no player interview"???? WDE