Kiffin on Harsin

bishoptf

10 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Those roster talent rankings really don't matter all that much at a certain point. For example, LSU's roster being ranked 10 spots higher than Tennessee's certainly didn't stop them from getting boat-raced this past weekend. Ditto Texas A&M's 4th ranked roster getting splattered by Clanga's 29th ranked one two weeks ago.

Ole Miss may not have "played anyone" but they've beaten everyone on their schedule, most of them soundly, something good teams tend to do. They also play solid defense, run the ball well, and score a lot of points, more things good teams tend to do. Auburn doesn't score a lot of points, can't run the ball, and plays what can charitably be called okay defense and at this point in the season, I don't think any of those things are getting better.

All I got say we shall see. I don’t buy the hype. The barely beat Tulsa and Kentucky. Decent win against Troy beat a bad GT team a cream puff and Vandy. Of the teams they have played which one of them beats Georgia or PSU. This is why they play the game. My opinion it will be closure than most think is all I am saying.

Edited by e808

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Ole Miss is 17th in the country at 39.7 points scored per game. We score 20.3 points per game, which is only better than 19 other FBS teams.

That in itself should tell you how bad this matchup is for us. They score twice as many points as we do, man.

Ole Miss's defense is actually even better, as they allow just 14.5 points per game (11th in the country).

Once again, you are seeing what you want to see. You actually have the analysis completely reversed: Ole Miss' defense is good enough to shut us down the entire game if they play well. They basically just need to hold us, because our defense will NOT shut out their offense. Lets pretend this is a defensive chess-match - who do you think is going to score more points and make less mistakes? Ole Miss, or us LMAO? Robbie Ashford is a walking turnover (no offense to the kid, he is playing hard).

I don't understand where you're going with them being "lucky" against Kentucky? They led the entire game. By the way, Kentucky is a good team who has a 1st round QB who was playing really well in that game. He got injured which is why they lost last week to South Carolina (they had to play their backup).

"Getting lucky" is Missouri's elite kicker missing a game winning ~20 yard FG and then fumbling the ball into the endzone on a game-winning TD in overtime. That is getting lucky. Beating a solid Kentucky team by 3 points while leading the entire way isn't lucky.

Also, Ole Miss is \playing at home against us. Literally nothing about this matchup is favorable for us.

Yes they were lucky the same thing u state how Auburn won the game is the same way Ole Miss won against Kentucky. Both opposing teams fumbled which allowed them to win. Kentucky was either in the red zone or just outside of it before the fumble. We can agree to disagree. Not a Harsin guy but don’t think these two teams are miles apart like some. Most thought the same about LSU and Auburn should have won that game going away

10 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

I don't think this is as winning an argument as you seem to think it is

This has nothing to do with it being a winning argument. I just don’t believe in the thinking of Ole Miss blowing out Auburn is all I am saying. If Auburn can play a clean game it will be close. Kiffin and his analytics are always a wild card. Could be good or bad

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yes they were lucky the same thing u state how Auburn won the game is the same way Ole Miss won against Kentucky. Both opposing teams fumbled which allowed them to win. Kentucky was either in the red zone or just outside of it before the fumble. We can agree to disagree. Not a Harsin guy but don’t think these two teams are miles apart like some. Most thought the same about LSU and Auburn should have won that game going away

LMAO those aren't even remotely comparable scenarios.

Will Levis got absolutely clobbered and he fumbled the ball. He wasn't about to score, nor was it a "fluke" play. The Missouri guy was literally reaching out to WIN THE GAME and the ball flew out of his hand. Before that, their amazing kicker missed the easiest FG of all time (the following week he made like three 50+ yard FG's against Georgia).

Even with the Kentucky fumble, Ole Miss was winning the entire game. Their defense made a good play and won the game. I don't think you understand what "lucky" means.

You keep saying that you don't see how Ole Miss blows us out and I literally showed you the stats that show that they score about 25 more points per game than they allow. Your arguments might make sense if we were a good team. BUT WE ARE A BAD TEAM. We are in line with all the other "bad" teams they've played. I can't imagine  trying to knock their win against Kentucky (good defense, good running game, elite QB) when you don't even understand that we've beaten no one. LSU is not a very good team, by the way. Ole Miss is MUCH better.

Ole Miss is better than Penn State who killed us in our own stadium. Penn State barely beat a 1-5 Northwestern team a week or two ago.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, e808 said:

This has nothing to do with it being a winning argument. I just don’t believe in the thinking of Ole Miss blowing out Auburn is all I am saying. If Auburn can play a clean game it will be close. Kiffin and his analytics are always a wild card. Could be good or bad

Sure and I'm saying that "no one on Ole Miss' schedule thus far could've beaten Penn State or UGA" is an extremely flimsy rationale for thinking this game will be close. Ole Miss isn't a fraud because they've won a few close games and Auburn is as bad or worse than almost every team they've played so far.

53 minutes ago, metafour said:

LMAO those aren't even remotely comparable scenarios.

Will Levis got absolutely clobbered and he fumbled the ball. He wasn't about to score, nor was it a "fluke" play. The Missouri guy was literally reaching out to WIN THE GAME and the ball flew out of his hand. Before that, their amazing kicker missed the easiest FG of all time (the following week he made like three 50+ yard FG's against Georgia).

Even with the Kentucky fumble, Ole Miss was winning the entire game. Their defense made a good play and won the game. I don't think you understand what "lucky" means.

You keep saying that you don't see how Ole Miss blows us out and I literally showed you the stats that show that they score about 25 more points per game than they allow. Your arguments might make sense if we were a good team. BUT WE ARE A BAD TEAM. We are in line with all the other "bad" teams they've played. I can't imagine  trying to knock their win against Kentucky (good defense, good running game, elite QB) when you don't even understand that we've beaten no one. LSU is not a very good team, by the way. Ole Miss is MUCH better.

Ole Miss is better than Penn State who killed us in our own stadium. Penn State barely beat a 1-5 Northwestern team a week or two ago.

I agree for the most part, the one part that I would word slightly different is the "BUT WE ARE A BAD TEAM", what I would say instead is that WE ARE A POORLY COACHED TEAM. While I think the talent is thin I do think we could do A LOT better with what we have but that is up to the coaches putting the players in better position to win. Better game plans, better in game adjustments etc...

I will say to @e808 in regards to being a close game, the spread is 14.5, I mean if you think its going to be a close game then it should be easy money :)

I have a feeling this could get ugly if the get on top quickly, we are not able to score points with the great minds calling the plays right now...

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I can agree with that, but we are yet to see AU play anything remotely to a clean game. First off, our QB fumbles far too much and manages to do do without even being hit much of the time. Without an O Line, this offense is going nowhere. Of course with that being said, it does not mean we can’t beat OM, but it will have to be a turnover free game for just once this season. While I’m currently all for giving Kiffin a shot at HC, if we beat him, I will likely change my tune. Please just please no Freeze. 

• Like 2

I hate to say this but Auburn losing might be a better thing for Auburn.  I am rooting for them to win as always, but a (bad) loss may help solidify our fanbase a little more that Harsin is a bad coach.  People are still blaming the boosters for our results on the field and another loss may help them realize that they are dead wrong. 

32 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I agree for the most part, the one part that I would word slightly different is the "BUT WE ARE A BAD TEAM", what I would say instead is that WE ARE A POORLY COACHED TEAM. While I think the talent is thin I do think we could do A LOT better with what we have but that is up to the coaches putting the players in better position to win. Better game plans, better in game adjustments etc...

Call it whatever you want. Go watch some of the OL "lowlights" from the Georgia game. Multiple instances of guys just letting defenders run right past them. They have no idea who to block. The LB's are terrible and have no idea where to be. The team is one of the most penalized in the country. You have guys dropping and fumbling the ball all over the place.

This is a reflection of coaching, obviously, but this is a BAD team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, metafour said:

Call it whatever you want. Go watch some of the OL "lowlights" from the Georgia game. Multiple instances of guys just letting defenders run right past them. They have no idea who to block. The LB's are terrible and have no idea where to be. The team is one of the most penalized in the country. You have guys dropping and fumbling the ball all over the place.

This is a reflection of coaching, obviously, but this is a BAD team.

Yeah I watched the UGA game and the offensive line is pretty atrocious but I still think good coaching can help that, I mean Harsin did nothing in the portal to help in that regards at all. I think the defense while it has its issues is not as bad but when you leave them out on the field non stop they just do not have the depth and eventually just go south....I just think the kids playing deserve better and feel bad for them, from my knot hole most of it comes from BAD Coaching, really bad at that.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 1:10 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Hard sellout in Oxford this weekend, undefeated top 10 OM has played 1 non-joke team (Ky) and beat Ky by 3, w/ Ky in tying fg range.

We can do this.

Haven't heard about the coaching change.  Who'd we get?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 1:10 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Hard sellout in Oxford this weekend, undefeated top 10 OM has played 1 non-joke team (Ky) and beat Ky by 3, w/ Ky in tying fg range.

We can do this.

They run. Really well. 241 yards/game.

Did you watch the Penn St game? Averages 192 yards/game. Brutalized our D for 254 yards.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 10:11 AM, metafour said:

You are wrong.

Ole Miss is a team that scores a lot of points. We are a team that can't score points at all. The team that wins the game is the one that scores the most points.

The idea that this is somehow a "close" matchup is bordering on absurd. They are considerably better than us at every position that matters.

Some people just can't help themselves. Last week there was a faction that thought we "had a chance" against Georgia because they slept-walked through two easy opponents the prior two weeks and didn't "dominate". Some will just see what they want to see. 

Vanderbilt was able to "keep it interesting" for one half because they actually have a QB (look at the stats on the kid). They still lost by 24 points, by the way. The idea that we're going to out-score Ole Miss with Robbie Ashford and this OL that is actually getting WORSE is next level homer-s***.

Thank you Sir. You saved me a lot of typing...

On 10/13/2022 at 2:51 PM, bishoptf said:

Yeah I watched the UGA game and the offensive line is pretty atrocious but I still think good coaching can help that, I mean Harsin did nothing in the portal to help in that regards at all. I think the defense while it has its issues is not as bad but when you leave them out on the field non stop they just do not have the depth and eventually just go south....I just think the kids playing deserve better and feel bad for them, from my knot hole most of it comes from BAD Coaching, really bad at that.

While the coaching is bad at times,  you do know that there is not one player starting for Auburn that would start for Alabama.    In my lifetime, I don’t think I could ever have said that.   There isn’t elite level talent on this team.   Throw that mixture with so so coaching and you have a bad team.  

34 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

While the coaching is bad at times,  you do know that there is not one player starting for Auburn that would start for Alabama.    In my lifetime, I don’t think I could ever have said that.   There isn’t elite level talent on this team.   Throw that mixture with so so coaching and you have a bad team.  

Hall, Tank, and Kobe would absolutely start for Bama. I would say Leota could start for them as well. Owen would be coached better. Quez would have a shot. Hard to gauge the receivers and secondary. Auburn does have talent it’s just where there’s not any it’s very glaring and not much depth

Edited by e808
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Hall, Tank, and Kobe would absolutely start for Bama. I would say Leota could start for them as well. Owen would be coached better. Quez would have a shot. Hard to gauge the receivers and secondary. Auburn does have talent it’s just where there’s not any it’s very glaring and not much depth

Do you actually think Hall would start over Anderson Jr and number 15(name escapes me).   Not a chance.   They play the same position.   Tank is not better than Gibbs.   Not sure who Kobe is?

@e808How you liking this matchup so far buddy? We're right there with Ole Miss amirite?

No offense dude, but you're so wrong on basically everything you've said. Like hilariously wrong.

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

@e808How you liking this matchup so far buddy? We're right there with Ole Miss amirite?

No offense dude, but you're so wrong on basically everything you've said. Like hilariously wrong.

What lead to this though. Turnovers turnovers and more turnovers. No defense can toe the line if ur office giving the ball away. The defense is decent but not good enough to overcome the offense giving away the ball. Ole Miss has 14 points off turnovers 

Edited by e808

32 minutes ago, metafour said:

Doesn't age well.

(To be clear: I'm typing this mid-2nd quarter when we're down by 7)

Edited by MCPeePants

1 hour ago, MCPeePants said:

Doesn't age well.

(To be clear: I'm typing this mid-2nd quarter when we're down by 7)

Like I said Ole Miss isn’t Georgia. These teams are even. The difference two turnovers and a onsides kick . Even with that Auburn is still in it

Edited by e808

We have surprisingly scored some points.

Everything else I said has aged like wine. They're at ****ing 422 yards rushing. Just an absolute beatdown on the ground. 

Edited by metafour

This is the #9 team and needed an onside kick to help create some separation. This is far from a beat down. Auburn has ran well against what some said was a top notch defense. Again take away the two turnovers, onside kick and the favorable PI call and Ole Miss is losing with all that yardage on the ground. Ole Miss is a pretender 

• Like 1

Even with Auburn having 3 turnovers, an onside kick, constantly going for it on 4th, 400 yards rushing, and bad PI that aided a touchdown the #9 team in the country still don’t cover the spread. Like I said all things equal and it should be close. It wasn’t equal and game wasn’t decided until the Robby pick 

• Like 1