Kiffin on Harsin

bishoptf

• WarTiger changed the title to Kiffen on Harsin
  • bishoptf changed the title to Kiffin on Harsin

Hard sellout in Oxford this weekend, undefeated top 10 OM has played 1 non-joke team (Ky) and beat Ky by 3, w/ Ky in tying fg range.

We can do this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Hard sellout in Oxford this weekend, undefeated top 10 OM has played 1 non-joke team (Ky) and beat Ky by 3, w/ Ky in tying fg range.

We can do this.

I like the enthusiasm but so far I have not seen any indications that we will be able to do that in their house. So far this season our on the field play and the point spread (Ole Miss is a 14.5 favorite) point to another loss, but hope springs eternal..thats why they play the games. I would have more hope if Harsin wasn't coaching the game, based on what we have seen so far Kiffen is the better coach and will have his kids ready to play...

• Like 1

We can do this.

Talent wise the teams are equal. It just comes down to scheme and decision making. Wish the oline would say enough even if it’s just one game.

We can do this.

After Saturday, theyll still have played 1 non-joke team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

We can do this.

They're going to beat us like we stole something from them. They are 16th in SP+ Def rankings. They are not pushovers on defense.

And if Auburn were to win, then I hope everyone clamoring for Lane would take a step back and reevaluate their position. 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

And if Auburn were to win, then I hope everyone clamoring for Lane would take a step back and reevaluate their position. 

image.gif.9b5eaa10f64a7057c341fa4d43b5f92c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, autiger88 said:

WarTiger is horrible about just changing the title sometimes for no reason 🤣

Yeah....and funny he changed to some soccer team from Finland

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 5:22 AM, bishoptf said:

That was a classic Kiffin response, lol.....

Freaking awesome! I just now, like him a little bit more.

16 hours ago, e808 said:

Talent wise the teams are equal. It just comes down to scheme and decision making. Wish the oline would say enough even if it’s just one game.

You serious Clark?  I have not watched Ole Miss a lot, but IMO their is no way our talent at OL, QB, and even at WR are the same.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, e808 said:

So basically you are saying that Ole Miss holds a huge advantage over us. Got it. 

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

You serious Clark?  I have not watched Ole Miss a lot, but IMO their is no way our talent at OL, QB, and even at WR are the same.

Yes, I am serious and u should watch Ole Miss more. Regarding overall talent Auburn is 18th and Ole Miss is 22nd They arent world beaters. They were down for the longest against Vandy and should have lost to Kentucky. To date they have played about a cream puffs. I am not trying to sunshine pump but Ole Miss isn’t Georgia. Auburn overall perception is just bad with coaching in scheme.

Edited by e808

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yes, I am serious and u should watch Ole Miss more. Regarding overall talent Auburn is 18th and Ole Miss is 22nd They arent world beaters. They were down for the longest against Vandy and should have lost to Kentucky. To date they have played about a cream puffs. I am not trying to sunshine pump but Ole Miss isn’t Georgia. Auburn overall perception is just bad with coaching in scheme.

Eh I agree about the world beaters but they are at home and I think they have a better head coach and will be better prepared and heaven forbid Kiffin will make in game adjustments. We have a trouble scoring points if our defense plays well it may be a close game, but last time I looked at the spread it was 14.5 points in Ole Miss favor, so that should be easy money...:)

Edited by bishoptf

32 minutes ago, e808 said:

You are wrong.

Ole Miss is a team that scores a lot of points. We are a team that can't score points at all. The team that wins the game is the one that scores the most points.

The idea that this is somehow a "close" matchup is bordering on absurd. They are considerably better than us at every position that matters.

Some people just can't help themselves. Last week there was a faction that thought we "had a chance" against Georgia because they slept-walked through two easy opponents the prior two weeks and didn't "dominate". Some will just see what they want to see. 

Vanderbilt was able to "keep it interesting" for one half because they actually have a QB (look at the stats on the kid). They still lost by 24 points, by the way. The idea that we're going to out-score Ole Miss with Robbie Ashford and this OL that is actually getting WORSE is next level homer-s***.

Edited by metafour
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, metafour said:

You are wrong.

Ole Miss is a team that scores a lot of points. We are a team that can't score points at all. The team that wins the game is the one that scores the most points.

The idea that this is somehow a "close" matchup is bordering on absurd. They are considerably better than us at every position that matters.

Some people just can't help themselves. Last week there was a faction that thought we "had a chance" against Georgia because they slept-walked through two easy opponents the prior two weeks and didn't "dominate". Some will just see what they want to see. 

Vanderbilt was able to "keep it interesting" for one half because they actually have a QB (look at the stats on the kid). They still lost by 24 points, by the way. The idea that we're going to out-score Ole Miss with Robbie Ashford and this OL that is actually getting WORSE is next level homer-s***.

We shall see. Ole Miss isn’t Georgia. I didn’t think Auburn had a chance last week. Auburn probably doesn’t win but they should keep it close. U could argue had the coach not made that bad call to put the defense in a bad position Auburn probably covers that number at Georgia . Auburn defense can keep it close provided the offense has a pulse. Also u have to throw in head scratching analytics stuff from Kiffin.
 They haven’t played anyone and got lucky against KY. IAuburn probably won’t win but I am not gonna act like Ole Miss is such a superior team.

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

We shall see. Ole Miss isn’t Georgia. I didn’t think Auburn had a chance last week. Auburn probably doesn’t win but they should keep it close. U could argue had the coach not made that bad call to put the defense in a bad position Auburn probably covers that number at Georgia . Auburn defense can keep it close provided the offense has a pulse. Also u have to throw in head scratching analytics stuff from Kiffin.
 They haven’t played anyone and got lucky against KY. IAuburn probably won’t win but I am not gonna act like Ole Miss is such a superior team.

Ole Miss is 17th in the country at 39.7 points scored per game. We score 20.3 points per game, which is only better than 19 other FBS teams.

That in itself should tell you how bad this matchup is for us. They score twice as many points as we do, man.

Ole Miss's defense is actually even better, as they allow just 14.5 points per game (11th in the country).

Once again, you are seeing what you want to see. You actually have the analysis completely reversed: Ole Miss' defense is good enough to shut us down the entire game if they play well. They basically just need to hold us, because our defense will NOT shut out their offense. Lets pretend this is a defensive chess-match - who do you think is going to score more points and make less mistakes? Ole Miss, or us LMAO? Robbie Ashford is a walking turnover (no offense to the kid, he is playing hard).

I don't understand where you're going with them being "lucky" against Kentucky? They led the entire game. By the way, Kentucky is a good team who has a 1st round QB who was playing really well in that game. He got injured which is why they lost last week to South Carolina (they had to play their backup).

"Getting lucky" is Missouri's elite kicker missing a game winning ~20 yard FG and then fumbling the ball into the endzone on a game-winning TD in overtime. That is getting lucky. Beating a solid Kentucky team by 3 points while leading the entire way isn't lucky.

Also, Ole Miss is \playing at home against us. Literally nothing about this matchup is favorable for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e808 said:

Those roster talent rankings really don't matter all that much at a certain point. For example, LSU's roster being ranked 10 spots higher than Tennessee's certainly didn't stop them from getting boat-raced this past weekend. Ditto Texas A&M's 4th ranked roster getting splattered by Clanga's 29th ranked one two weeks ago.

Ole Miss may not have "played anyone" but they've beaten everyone on their schedule, most of them soundly, something good teams tend to do. They also play solid defense, run the ball well, and score a lot of points, more things good teams tend to do. Auburn doesn't score a lot of points, can't run the ball, and plays what can charitably be called okay defense and at this point in the season, I don't think any of those things are getting better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Ole Miss may not have "played anyone" but they've beaten everyone on their schedule, most of them soundly, something good teams tend to do.

Even saying "they've played no one" is oblivious to the fact that we are in fact also "NO ONE" lol.

Seriously, our team should be 2-4 at this point. That "win" against Missouri was not a win. People really need to grasp that we are a bad team that is undisciplined and turns the ball over a lot (these are hallmark traits of bad teams).

• Love 1